Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #466
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

”46.This guidance is contrary to Pennsylvania law. First, Pennsylvania Election Code mandates that, for non-disabled and non-military voters, all applications for an absentee or mail-in ballot “shall be signed by the applicant.”25 PA.STAT. §§3146.2(d) & 3150.12(c). Second, Pennsylvania’s voter signature verification requirements are expressly set forth at 25 PA.STAT. 350(a.3)(1)-(2) and § 3146.8(g)(3)-(7).

47.The Pennsylvania Department of State’s guidance unconstitutionally did away with Pennsylvania’s statutory signature verification requirements. Approximately70 percent of the requests for absentee ballots were from Democrats and 25 percent from Republicans. Thus, this unconstitutional abrogation of state election law greatly inured to former Vice President Biden’s benefit.
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...OTUSFiling.pdf

^^ this is the actual copy of Texas brief
----------------------------------------

Texas or any argument about "observers being obstructed" is trivial, a state by state matter and wont convince the SCOTUS to over turn a presidential election.

What scares me though is if states changed election laws by any means other than through the State's legislature. Art ii sect 1 of the US Constitution gives each state legislature the power to set their State election laws.

Texas brief says PA law requires signature verification for mail-in ballots, citing the 2 bolded statues above.

Problem is apparently 25 PA STAT 350 requiring signature verification has been repealed.

https://casetext.com/statute/pennsyl...class-repealed

§ 3146.8(g)(3)-(7) cited by Texas has no signature verification requirement and deals with the manner mail in ballots are received and accounted for.
https://casetext.com/statute/pennsyl...ail-in-ballots
-------------------------------------

I question my own (quick google) legislative findings ... surely Texas wouldnt tell the SCOTUS that PA requires signature verification (when it doesnt) and cite to a repealed PA statute as proof.

But it seems PA does not require signature verification. Neither does North Carolina or Wisconsin.
https://healthyelections.org/sites/d...fication_0.pdf

It seems Texas and others are claiming that the PA Supreme Court and not the State Legislature changed election laws when it ruled unanimously that mail-in ballots could not be tossed because of signature verification.

But thats not what happened.

The PA Supreme Court just reiterated existing PA election laws do not require signature verification. They didnt change the law. They just pointed to the fact that PA doesnt require it. Even the republican justice agreed. (In PA, judges run under political parties).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...natures-431794

Now the mail in ballots received after 8 pm on election day and still counted .. that is another issue but PA was ordered to separate those and the total number would not change the PA result.

Red states attempting to overturn the presidential election in this manner should infuriate every American. This hail mary BS should not be forgotten or sweep under the rug.

Sadly but expected, conservatives over at redstate and such are acting like victims and claiming the republic as we know it will be done if the SCOTUS doesnt overturn the election ... this is like a Black Mirror episode.

Last edited by SunnySide; 12-10-2020 at 11:09 AM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #467
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I want this to be over, clearly Biden won, and we should all move forward. That said, at this time 4 years ago, liberals were screaming that electors should simply ignore the state election for the general popular vote. I remember the petitions, online and in person. I am in Md, we had no say in other votes but there were liberals in front of so many store fronts trying to get petitions for other state electors to change their vote.

In the end, as I have seen in many articles, on Jan 20th, we will have a successful peaceful transition to the next president of the US, Obama Light.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #468
SunnySide
Playmaker

C Red you know I respect and appreciate you .. but come on man.

Some nut bag citizens standing around with petitions printed a Kinkos in 2016 does not equal 18 red state attorney generals, the office of the POTUS, Cruz et al filing/supporting lawsuits and briefs with the SCOTUS. The country has truly lost its way if we are holding 18 red state attorney generals, Trump, Cruz etc. to the same standard of conduct, integrity and behavior expectation as citizen nut jobs.

This should not be dismissed or swept under the rug as "politics as usual" or the other side would do the same thing.

This continued republican behavior is abhorrent and just more poisoning of the well we all draw water from. The 18 other red state attorney generals who joined in just really struck a chord with me.

----

edit - I just really need to see some PA law that says signatures must be verified/matched. The only argument with teeth is that PA didnt follow their own election laws by not matching signatures .... but I cant find any PA law that says signatures must be matched.

I hope the SCOTUS does take the case and calls the Texas AG out for blatantly lying in their brief.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #469
MTK
\m/

Yeah Hillary never cried foul, or refused to concede, or constantly tweeted and carried on about a rigged election. What's going on now is a joke and an insult to the entire process.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #470
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah Hillary never cried foul, or refused to concede, or constantly tweeted and carried on about a rigged election. What's going on now is a joke and an insult to the entire process.
The whole russian charade was the dems crying election foul. And it wasn't a few nuts with petitions. That is true revisionism.

That said, this year they are going through legal channels and they are going to lose in those same legal channels.

In the end the US System and Constitution is stronger then HC, the democratic party, DT or the republican party. But our party structure is broken on both sides.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #471
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The whole russian charade was the dems crying election foul. And it wasn't a few nuts with petitions. That is true revisionism.

That said, this year they are going through legal channels and they are going to lose in those same legal channels.

In the end the US System and Constitution is stronger then HC, the democratic party, DT or the republican party. But our party structure is broken on both sides.

First, I'm in Maryland also and don't recall any of that ,people pissed and upset, yes but not what you're talking about .

Second , "The whole russian charade was the dems crying election foul". It's BS like this that we are were we are. It wasn't a charade it was real , now was there collusion by trump , not that can be proven but russian interference was proven so you need to stop that shit right now. trumps own man , the man he appointed to make sure this was a safe election did exactly that and trump fired him for it. Republicans need to call trump out and stop this shit.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:17 AM   #472
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

CRed, you're the way smarter version of myself (you don't respond to everything, and you have respect from everyone here) (Even though we probably agree on at least 90% of things). But these political threads sing a siren song that is irresistible to both of us lol, so you got sucked back in. You used the perfect word, revisionism. Democrats here are pretending like Democrats haven't been whining since 2016.

G1 - if you're stating that Trump "allowed" Russian interference, you better be accusing Obama of the same. How did someone running for office, with no power to allow it, create Russian interference, but the actual sitting president holds zero responsibility for the same?

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 12-11-2020 at 02:32 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:21 AM   #473
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

And see anything I've said or not said since the election. I saw defeat after Trump lost Arizona and accepted it. I haven't made any excuses. I've pretty much stopped posting about the national vote. Kamala Harris will be our next president.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:33 AM   #474
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Speaking of interference, any thoughts about Eric Swalwell getting played by a Chinese spy? We all know the answer. Nothing to see here, he's a Democrat. What a slapdick.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 12-11-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #475
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Not quite the same thing. We know Russian interfered in 2016. Claims of widespread voter fraud in this election have been unsubstantiated.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #476
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
CRed, you're the way smarter version of myself (you don't respond to everything, and you have respect from everyone here) (Even though we probably agree on at least 90% of things). But these political threads sing a siren song that is irresistible to both of us lol, so you got sucked back in. You used the perfect word, revisionism. Democrats here are pretending like Democrats haven't been whining since 2016.

G1 - if you're stating that Trump "allowed" Russian interference, you better be accusing Obama of the same. How did someone running for office, with no power to allow it, create Russian interference, but the actual sitting president holds zero responsibility for the same?

You need to go back to when Obama was elected to really see who has been whining and for how long!
If you read my post I said the Collusion wasn't provable but the Mueller report and others have stated without a doubt there was russian interference in 2016, please check ?I expect you won't ,you seem to stick with the "alternative facts" as kellyann says.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/u...ce-report.html

https://apnews.com/article/d094918c0...c7dc4b16e613c7

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf
Old 12-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #477
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Speaking of interference, any thoughts about Eric Swalwell getting played by a Chinese spy? We all know the answer. Nothing to see here, he's a Democrat. What a slapdick.

After trump , nothing seems a big deal .Republicans still have so much stupidity to answer for.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #478
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...2d7_video.html

We just need 11k votes, is there some way that we can do that?
Old 01-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #479
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...2d7_video.html

We just need 11k votes, is there some way that we can do that?
Lock him up
Old 01-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #480
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

At this point, trump should concede, shut the fuck up and then get the fuck out.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote