Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #451
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

https://news.yahoo.com/historians-ra...140039129.html

Historians rank Trump near the bottom of U.S. presidents as Obama rises into the top 10

Donald Trump is ranked near the bottom of all U.S. presidents by a group of historians, getting the lowest grades for leadership of any commander in chief who has served in the White House in the past 150 years.

The ratings of presidents on 10 leadership qualities, the fourth in a series conducted by C-SPAN, includes assessments by 142 historians and professional observers of the presidency.

The findings underscore the duality of Trump's standing, unprecedented among his fellow presidents. After his upset victory in 2016 and his defeat in 2020, historians hold him in the lowest regard of any president since soon after the Civil War. But he continues to be the face of the Republican Party and its most influential figure, and he is viewed as a potential contender for the GOP's presidential nomination in 2024.

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #452
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post

Historians rank Trump near the bottom of U.S. presidents as Obama rises into the top 10

Donald Trump is ranked near the bottom of all U.S. presidents by a group of historians, getting the lowest grades for leadership of any commander in chief who has served in the White House in the past 150 years.

The ratings of presidents on 10 leadership qualities, the fourth in a series conducted by C-SPAN, includes assessments by 142 historians and professional observers of the presidency.

The findings underscore the duality of Trump's standing, unprecedented among his fellow presidents. After his upset victory in 2016 and his defeat in 2020, historians hold him in the lowest regard of any president since soon after the Civil War. But he continues to be the face of the Republican Party and its most influential figure, and he is viewed as a potential contender for the GOP's presidential nomination in 2024.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #453
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Well they got it half right.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #454
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Well they got it half right.
I tend to agree but probably for different reasons than you. IMO the US presidents have been pretty bad especially the last 50 years that it is hard to rationalize any of the 45 being in the top 10. The only argument for Obama IMO is the creation of the ACA this makes him the first president to address the first unalienable right in the Declaration of Independence of Life
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #455
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Got it. When you said Adams with a Trump like statement I was looking for something more crass. Sorry that's where my mind went.

Do agree it is not a good look which is a shame because I think this system would increase voting for third party candidates and a successful role out in NYC would be huge for democracy.

I think the big difference is that Adams comments were based on a known discrepancy acknowledged by the BOE. Trump made his accusation they were well documented and then taken to court where most were thrown out.
This rank and file voting bullshit…everyone know this is a way to manipulate vote
Right? Clown shit

This is how it went the other night:

A voting update drops 100k votes with absentee yet to go…out of nowhere in the afternoon

Adams at 5 pm: this looks crazy

Jurnos an hour later: Adams statement sounds like trump

10:30 pm New York election board: we counted 100k fake votes

What in the actual fuck?

And people support ballot harvesting, no voter id? It’s like folks are purposely incompetent

Great decision by the Supreme Court today by the way

Does anyone think MLB will move any games out of NY do to the attempted voter fraud trying to remove Adams as the winner?

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 07-01-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #456
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I tend to agree but probably for different reasons than you. IMO the US presidents have been pretty bad especially the last 50 years that it is hard to rationalize any of the 45 being in the top 10. The only argument for Obama IMO is the creation of the ACA this makes him the first president to address the first unalienable right in the Declaration of Independence of Life
No, I think we are on the same page somewhat on Obama - ACA is the only thing he really got accomplished (Think our difference lies in that I think that accomplishment is more limited in significance than you). I expect he'll end up settling in the 20-28 range when all is said and done and be behind Clinton and HW (ie center of the pack). As for your assessment of the last 50 years I think you are being a bit too pessimistic (ok having one of the bottom five so recently may color your thinking) - Most were average and one was top 25%. Think the chart linked below is fairly accurate imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States

Last edited by nonniey; 07-01-2021 at 02:46 PM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:35 PM   #457
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

You done did it now G1. Get ready for the most epic speech lambasting the crooked left by Chico that you're ever gonna read in your life.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:38 PM   #458
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
No, I think we are on the same page somewhat on Obama - ACA is the only thing he really got accomplished (Think our difference lies in that I think that accomplishment is more limited in significance than you). I expect he'll end up settling in the 20-28 range when all is said and done and be behind Clinton and HW (ie center of the pack). As for your assessment of the last 50 years I think you are being a bit too pessimistic (ok having one of the bottom five so recently may color your thinking) - Most were average and one was top 25%. Think the chart linked below is fairly accurate imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States
I disagree, I think Obamacare (just for you Chico) has been weakened enough that Obama's main accomplishment is leading us out of one of the worst depressions this country has seen. But I fully expect every one of our conservatives here to disagree with me on that - they will probably say he didn't do nearly enough that a conservative president would've done.

Last edited by mooby; 07-01-2021 at 08:15 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:50 PM   #459
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I disagree, I think the ACA has been weakened enough that Obama's main accomplishment is leading us out of one of the worst depressions this country has seen. But I fully expect every one of our conservatives here to disagree with me on that - they will probably say he didn't do nearly enough that a conservative president would've done.
Wow…dismissing the ACA to the point of not calling it Obamacare. The legislation failed because it was unlawful. Yet I think how it remains now does serve a small minority who can afford it for healthcare. Obama did an ok job leading us out listening to treasury and getting a mostly already agreed bipartisan bailout package across the line. Dodd Frank did some good, but also some bad.

Look at this bullshit tax and spend package now Joe is failing to try to pass and look at the package then. Right now how many available jobs are there? You gotta be one dishonest person to think spending 4-6 trillion somehow is reasonable.

Obama will go down as the worst foreign policy/affairs president of my lifetime. It’s stunning how terrible he was…his strategy and what he caused was really something else.

He Gets Us
Old 07-01-2021, 08:14 PM   #460
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
you done did it now g1. Get ready for the most epic speech lambasting the crooked left by chico that you're ever gonna read in your life.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d
Old 07-01-2021, 08:29 PM   #461
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Potential quotes for Trump's POTUS book.

"Well, at least I'm not James Buchanon."

"In the business world being ranked top 41 is a significant accomplishment! Some say the greatest ranked top 41 ever!"
Old 07-01-2021, 09:18 PM   #462
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wow…dismissing the ACA to the point of not calling it Obamacare. The legislation failed because it was unlawful. Yet I think how it remains now does serve a small minority who can afford it for healthcare. Obama did an ok job leading us out listening to treasury and getting a mostly already agreed bipartisan bailout package across the line. Dodd Frank did some good, but also some bad.

Look at this bullshit tax and spend package now Joe is failing to try to pass and look at the package then. Right now how many available jobs are there? You gotta be one dishonest person to think spending 4-6 trillion somehow is reasonable.

Obama will go down as the worst foreign policy/affairs president of my lifetime. It’s stunning how terrible he was…his strategy and what he caused was really something else.

Trump literally lost the trust of every ally we had and then jerked off just about every dictator in the world in plain sight man. Come on. Keep your foreign affairs talk in you maga hat.

Bidens plan? Takes money to make money Chico. It is that simple. As long as you put it in the right place, which isn’t billionaires pockets. But hey maybe we can just give trillions more to the corporations so they can trickle it down into their own slush funds? Biden is trying to help you, me , and the rest of the middle class. Your boy made the rich richer and then told them all as much like he was some hero.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:10 AM   #463
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Trump literally lost the trust of every ally we had and then jerked off just about every dictator in the world in plain sight man. Come on. Keep your foreign affairs talk in you maga hat.

Bidens plan? Takes money to make money Chico. It is that simple. As long as you put it in the right place, which isn’t billionaires pockets. But hey maybe we can just give trillions more to the corporations so they can trickle it down into their own slush funds? Biden is trying to help you, me , and the rest of the middle class. Your boy made the rich richer and then told them all as much like he was some hero.
This is the biggest stack of shit I've ever seen on this site. Punch, Biden doesn't give 1 fuck about you.

I can't believe you think this way.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:31 AM   #464
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

Just an outstanding quote when talking tax money

Welp thankfully the White House put this out:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...lan-is-working

Just imagine if trump put out this…the White House saved you 16 cents this July 4th. Gtfo. They put this out as more analysts came aboard the price of oil will be back to $100 a barrel due to administration policies yesterday. You are paying more at the pump since Obama was in office.

Inflation will eat that stimmy all up by years end

He Gets Us
Old 07-02-2021, 07:35 AM   #465
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This is the biggest stack of shit I've ever seen on this site. Punch, Biden doesn't give 1 fuck about you.

I can't believe you think this way.

Last time I checked the middle class is a big chunk of votes SD, so if you think he isn’t looking out for the middle class you are wrong. And calling that belief “the biggest stack of shit “ you have ever seen on this site is comical. Biden has dealt with a lot of personal tragedy in his life, and yes he does care about people, but if you want to go with the tired old adage that he is a politician so he has no heart go for it.
You know what I can’t believe? That your comrade Chico comes on here talking about how Trump cares about America and you remain silent but this is the biggest stack of shit you have ever seen on this board? Um….ok. Im not even sure why I replied to your post actually……

Chico : Trump loves America, Trump is one of us, Trump will drain the swamp, Trump is doing this for you!
SD : good for sticking to your guns Chico, while all these guys in here come at you!

Punch : Biden cares about the middle class.
SD : This is the biggest stack of shit I have ever read on this board!

SD (in the same breath) : they all suck, Im not a Trumper.

Your reactions to different posts on here tell a different story……

Last edited by punch it in; 07-02-2021 at 08:01 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote