Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #451
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Dunbar still whining about things after being traded is a pretty clear sign of why he’s no longer here.

Culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly right. I was going to post this when the lopsided trades went down that we were unloading a bunch of behind the scenes bitches. I think RR is getting rid of the bad apples. Talent or not, get rid of the guys that are not team players.
I like it.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #452
Irrefutable
The Starter

They may not be done in free agency and could have $42 million left if Trent is traded.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/ga...gency-targets/
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:43 PM   #453
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So.... We were glad to let a #1 (on our team anyway) go that was "injury prone" but we are ok with signing a dude that is also "injury prone" and he was garbage last yr...

Got it
Ehh .... I don’t think anyone is “happy” with losing Dunbar and adding Darby. They both have injury concerns and that’s not lost on anybody. But the question isn’t would you rather have Dunbar or Darby but would you rather have Darby or no Darby. Dunbar for his reasons wanted out. I personally would have kept him and seen if he showed up. If he played 16 and balled, I’d pay the man. If he didn’t and missed 6-8 games, I’d let him walk and take the comp pick. I personally didn’t see the huge need to move him but he wanted out and I’m not privy or smart like RR and smith.

Dunbar was an unique and difficult player to really grade imo. He looked okay to me and I just didn’t see the same player that PPF does but I differ to them.

The not playing through pain and self limiting that Dunbar did (in my opinion) made not signing him to a big long term deal okay with me. I don’t want a guy who needs to feel 100% healthy before he will play. I don’t think that is realistic in the nfl.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #454
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

People are acting like Dunbar was prime Richard Sherman or something. The guy didn't want to be here and was always hurt. Is Darby the next coming of Darelle Revis? Nope but I would wait until I see our entire roster before I act like we just traded away Deion Sanders in his prime.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #455
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Dunbar started only 25 games in 5 years, and never played a full season. I don't think we're losing much here. Relax...
I never thought that he was all that good a corner anyway. He may have been the best of a bad group.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #456
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I never thought that he was all that good a corner anyway. He may have been the best of a bad group.
that is definitely away to look at it.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #457
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Disagree that it is obvious. Dunbar had a better 2019 than Darby, yes. Other than that, Darby has been hands down the better player. Not close. Now, will the rest of their careers be like 2019, or will they be more like their careers as a whole. Could go either way, really, but the answer is far from being obvious, IMO.

My post was totally based on what have you done lately for sure.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:40 PM   #458
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Im not sure anyone is calling Dunbar Deion lol. Let us not forget though that Dunbar shined on a shit team with a shit DC. He lacked a pass rush for most of his time here. Lacked a supporting cast in the secondary for most of his time here. Darby underachieved on a team that wasn’t lacking any of that. Maybe RR and JDR will get the most out of him. I hope so. My point is simply if him and Dunbar were in each others shoes the last couple of years you might all realize Dunbars superiority more than you do.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #459
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
They may not be done in free agency and could have $42 million left if Trent is traded.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/ga...gency-targets/
If you look at the list, lotta aging vets who will want to be paid to be a team in a rebuild. Just not the fit imo. The only ones I would be ok with are the tackles on the list cause we gonna need one of those 3.

This has been a pretty weird free agency...missed on 2 big targets, got a several depth targets. Darby reclamation project...Fuller return...RB room is gonna be full.

I think the front office is still kinda feeling it’s way around. I tell ya, our plan for the draft needs to be stronger now.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:03 AM   #460
Warthog
The Starter

Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

I’m disappointed in the 2020. FA. The only big FA tries appear to have been toward Cooper, Hooper and Flowers - we were outbid by Dallas, Cleveland and Miami. We had the sixth highest cap and we got outbid everywhere.

WE got Fuller but Trent is going to be gone and we’ll be happy to get a third for him or maybe two third. Flowers is gone. Dunbar is gone for a fifth. TALENT WISE WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS. We prove players like Flowers at G and then let them walk over $2 mil yr.

I’m really disappointed with the TE issue. Hooper, who is NOT the best TE in the NFL, got top TE money by Cleveland ($11 mill). Ebron (who I didn’t want) also went elsewhere. What is our TE plan? Over the past decade, no rookie TE has had more than about 500 yds their first season. The best rookie TE’s in this period (like Henry who was franchised by the Chargers) were all drafted from draft picks 40 and above. By the third round there will be no TE draft picks of value. Unless Kyle Smith pulls a TE Diamond-in-the-rough out of the dregs of the draft we have no TE star for this season.
The team might as well use their third round pick for WR or OT.

My grade for this FA is a “D”. Sure we’ve signed a bunch of depth players or guys that we’ve signed for one year deals. It’s just like throwing a bunch of jello on the wall and seeing if anything sticks . But overall we went backwards. We Lost Williams, Dunbar and Flowers and got Fuller and a bunch of backup, depth players. Maybe a starter or two will emerge that we can resign or NOT ( see Flowers example), for longer contracts.

My big question is WHAT ARE WE SAVING ALL THE CAP MONEY FOR? If we had offered $1 more a year for Hooper we would at least had SOMETHING in the TE crew. Now we have a bunch of very marginal players at TE, just like last year.

I have a prediction: TE, WR and OL right now is EQUAL or WORSE than last year. How does that help Haskins?? I’m sure all the 8ers will be out with their knives when Haskins has no one to throw to except McLaurin or Sims, Jr. or when Haskins is running for his life perhaps from chase himself (see below).

This FA period is SUCH A BUST that Rivera is considering trading our #2 spot in order to get a few good or very good players in this draft, instead of Chase - a superstar. Then we can watch Chase destroy Haskins because there is no one for Haskins to throw to.

Rivera forgot that he needs to add a few more million to get stars to come to one of the NFL’s worst franchises. By playing it cheap, we end up with less than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:22 AM   #461
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

So I was listening to JP Finlay's podcast and they all sounded pretty definitive that our secondary will be:

S: Collins and Davis
CB: Fuller on one side. Moreau/Darby competing for the other side. Moreland as a slot CB.

I think the Fuller situation is interesting, I think he's really really good, and his contract tells you this staff sees him as a starter outside, but where he really excelled was as slot CB.
I guess we won't know for sure until TC/pre-season, but what do you guys think?
Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 AM   #462
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
So I was listening to JP Finlay's podcast and they all sounded pretty definitive that our secondary will be:

S: Collins and Davis
CB: Fuller on one side. Moreau/Darby competing for the other side. Moreland as a slot CB.

I think the Fuller situation is interesting, I think he's really really good, and his contract tells you this staff sees him as a starter outside, but where he really excelled was as slot CB.
I guess we won't know for sure until TC/pre-season, but what do you guys think?
I'd prefer Darby and Moreau on the outside with Fuller in the slot. With Stroman and Moreland backing up all the spots.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:54 AM   #463
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd prefer Darby and Moreau on the outside with Fuller in the slot. With Stroman and Moreland backing up all the spots.
Well, let's see how they battle it out in TC.
But I really like Fuller, I think he's good enough to play outside, and I want him on the field on all snaps.
Now if Moreau proves he can be a legit starter, I'm fine with it, and if Darby stays healthy and plays to the level he played with the Bills... we have a legit secondary.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:06 AM   #464
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Well, let's see how they battle it out in TC.
But I really like Fuller, I think he's good enough to play outside, and I want him on the field on all snaps.
Now if Moreau proves he can be a legit starter, I'm fine with it, and if Darby stays healthy and plays to the level he played with the Bills... we have a legit secondary.
I like Fuller too. He is at his best in the slot so I want him to be there a majority of the downs. 3 CBs seems to be the new norm.

When they are only going with 2 CBs then I'd think he'd bump 1 of those 2 off the field.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:07 AM   #465
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

F U Dallas!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...adden-goat-sim