Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-30-2021, 10:11 AM   #436
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

So Biden is going to the building that collapsed tomorrow…. I wonder if he will throw paper towels at them like Captain Dipshit?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #437
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So Biden is going to the building that collapsed tomorrow…. I wonder if he will throw paper towels at them like Captain Dipshit?
or threaten to with hold any federal emergency funds bc "Florida has been so unfair to him"
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:58 PM   #438
MTK
\m/

Trump Organization expected to be charged with tax-related crimes on Thursday

Old 06-30-2021, 03:37 PM   #439
Giantone
Gamebreaker

It's a MSM witch hunt from chico in 3,2,1.................
Old 06-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #440
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Any reason he excluded Idaho and Montana from the wildfire summit today? Guess Biden only cares about blue state voters. Weird I was told different

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:43 PM   #441
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Any reason he excluded Idaho and Montana from the wildfire summit today? Guess Biden only cares about blue state voters. Weird I was told different
Were you awake when "you heard"?
Old 06-30-2021, 03:44 PM   #442
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I mean, could this be anymore of a partisan move?

Trump busy getting down to access the border crisis which his administration had the lowest illegal crossing number in decades while in the first 4 months saw the largest single monthly figures ever. Criminals, terrorists, drug runners, all coming over

Trump forced Harris to actually go where she embarrassed herself again last week

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2021, 04:10 PM   #443
SunnySide
Playmaker

A bipartisan infrastructure deal reached by President Joe Biden and a group of senators would not only add to economic growth, but also lower the national debt, according to a new study from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.

Researchers at the Wharton School said the additional $579 billion in new infrastructure spending would increase domestic output by 0.1% and decrease the U.S. debt by 0.9% by 2050.

“Over time, as the new spending declines, IRS enforcement continues, and revenue grows from higher output, the government debt declines relative to baseline by 0.4 percent and 0.9 percent in 2040 and 2050 respectively,” the Wharton team wrote.

Speaking to CNBC on Tuesday, Wharton senior economist Jon Huntley said improvements to public capital (roads, bridges and other physical infrastructure) makes private capital (trucks and trains hauling goods for companies) more productive over time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/bide...pyToPasteboard

I dont put too much stock into these future looking cost analysis/benefit things.

its a 1.2T package and will include bringing high speed broadband to the really rural places that dont have it. Which is great ... but I thought private companies pay and build the cable lines and thus "own" it and make their billions.

Internet and access to internet certainly seems to be a public utility nowadays.

On a related but unrelated note .. I always found it funny when rural conservatives attack the USPS for not being profitable .. its like homey, they would be if they werent forced to deliver to remote rural areas for $0.55. You want to privatize mail? okay ... well good luck paying the fed ex sliding scale rate.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:14 PM   #444
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Trump busy getting down to access the border crisis which his administration had the lowest illegal crossing number in decades while in the first 4 months saw the largest single monthly figures ever. Criminals, terrorists, drug runners, all coming over

Trump forced Harris to actually go where she embarrassed herself again last week
LOL, told ya! ...only person embarrassing themselves is you.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:21 PM   #445
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Well if it conducted tax crimes then I have no problem with charging them. Lets see how this shakes out. I may be a bit jaded in this but would it surprise you if they did commit this type of crime?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #446
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...dissent-497290

Not a healthy environment’: Kamala Harris’ office rife with dissent

Reminder that Harris presidential run was a complete train wreck per the NYT Nov 2019:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/29/u...rris-2020.html

There is a pattern here folks of a person who can’t handle the job

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #447
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

What he has to give shout outs? I think California is obviously the main, and most populated state in such dangers, but if there is action, funding, support needed in any state rest assured Biden will treat them all equally. You are greatly mistaken if you think he would play politics when it comes to natural disaster and lives Chico. Again deflecting from your guy who actually did such things to someone else with no actual proof other than what “lack of mention” ? If push cane to shove you know damn well Biden would take care of any state in our country- even Puerto Rico. You are so desperate to normalize Trump. Lol.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:15 PM   #448
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...dissent-497290

Not a healthy environment’: Kamala Harris’ office rife with dissent

Reminder that Harris presidential run was a complete train wreck per the NYT Nov 2019:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/29/u...rris-2020.html

There is a pattern here folks of a person who can’t handle the job

Keep grasping for straws Chico. It’s hysterical watching you tread water waiting, clinging to the faint distant hope that this administration will stumble and crap their pants like the last. The gold medal for Unpreparedness, and crapping the bed is Trumps. There, see, I said he is the best at something.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #449
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new...st-2021-06-29/

Confusion grips New York City mayoral Democratic primary after vote 'discrepancy'
Got it. When you said Adams with a Trump like statement I was looking for something more crass. Sorry that's where my mind went.

Do agree it is not a good look which is a shame because I think this system would increase voting for third party candidates and a successful role out in NYC would be huge for democracy.

I think the big difference is that Adams comments were based on a known discrepancy acknowledged by the BOE. Trump made his accusation they were well documented and then taken to court where most were thrown out.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #450
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

LOL, you do know how they nailed Al Capone?

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...goes-to-prison

Al Capone goes to prison
On October 17, 1931, gangster Al Capone is sentenced to 11 years in prison for tax evasion and fined $80,000, signaling the downfall of one of the most notorious criminals of the 1920s and 1930s.