Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-03-2021, 01:35 AM   #1
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes, I do. chico has over 27,000 post's I have over 10,000 and you have 138. Not an attack jus saying there is history you might not be privy to. He gets what he gives .
Yep in a later response I did acknowledge that (my limited knowledge of the background). The good thing about this site is the moderator doesn't stifle one side to the advantage of the other (unlike another site I could mention, heck a mod on that site has completely eliminated all views not of a particular bent and turned it into a poor mans version of Democratic Underground).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #2
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Federal lawsuit says Antiracism and CRT violate constitution: https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal...on-11625151879

I think the way the districts represented in the article are implementing their curriculum changes there is a very valid case here.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #3
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

G-one did not make up the drunk uncle moniker but he made sure it stuck around lol. When Chico disappeared for a couple weeks i even checked in on him thru inbox. Political forums can become pretty edgy at times, but come week one we are all on the same team, well except G one but he gets the sportsmanship award when we play the Giants - win or lose he is gracious as hell.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
G-one did not make up the drunk uncle moniker but he made sure it stuck around lol. When Chico disappeared for a couple weeks i even checked in on him thru inbox. Political forums can become pretty edgy at times, but come week one we are all on the same team, well except G one but he gets the sportsmanship award when we play the Giants - win or lose he is gracious as hell.
Drunk uncle is just a personal attack on me to avoid addressing the issues I raise. I’m fine with it, but when u can’t dispute a fact or win an argument it’s “drunk uncle” or trumptard, etc

It’s the m.o.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 05:51 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Drunk uncle is just a personal attack on me to avoid addressing the issues I raise. I’m fine with it, but when u can’t dispute a fact or win an argument it’s “drunk uncle” or trumptard, etc

It’s the m.o.
LOL. personal attack yet you can call people anything you want ? You're a freaking hypocrite .
Old 07-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lying Democrats are at it again…first defund the police (which they called for nationally and enacted in some cities which directly resulted higher crime and increases to homicides) and now Voter ID:
Today: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/04/p...mpression=true

Clyburn 'absolutely' open to ID requirement in voting rights bill

Two months ago…same lying Clyburn:

https://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...mpression=true

S.C. Rep. Clyburn compares voter ID laws to Jim Crow era

Pathetic…they lied about the Georgia laws, they lied about voter Id…it’s always been a lie. Media who amplify voter id as racist and Jim Crow are liars as well

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Another Russia based hack attack…Didn’t Biden just tell him to quit this? So much for that…

Ransomware Hackers Demand $70 Million In Bitcoin, Claim Massive U.S. Attack As Biden Investigates Possible Russian Involvement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...volvement/amp/

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Another Russia based hack attack…Didn’t Biden just tell him to quit this? So much for that…

Ransomware Hackers Demand $70 Million In Bitcoin, Claim Massive U.S. Attack As Biden Investigates Possible Russian Involvement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...volvement/amp/
Agreed.

Hopefully we can rename a WH Cyber Security Director (who was fired months into DT term), rename a head to DHS Cyber Security (who was fired in DT last month bc he said there was no wide spread election fraud) and divert funds back to cyber security that were taken away to build a wall and just make cyber security a non political non-partisan issue.

Cyber security should be above politics .. now that adults are back in office.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Agreed.

Hopefully we can rename a WH Cyber Security Director (who was fired months into DT term), rename a head to DHS Cyber Security (who was fired in DT last month bc he said there was no wide spread election fraud) and divert funds back to cyber security that were taken away to build a wall and just make cyber security a non political non-partisan issue.

Quoted for truth.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Agreed.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...r-Strategy.pdf

“In the last 18 months, my Administration has taken action to address cyber threats. We have sanctioned malign cyber actors. We have indicted those that committed cybercrimes. We have publicly attributed malicious activity to the adversaries responsible and released details about the tools they employed. We have required departments and agencies to remove software vulnerable to various security risks. We have taken action to hold department and agency heads accountable for managing cybersecurity risks to the systems they control, while empowering them to provide adequate security. In addition, last year, I signed Executive Order 13800, Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure. The work performed and reports created in response to that Executive Order laid the groundwork for this National Cyber Strategy.
With the release of this National Cyber Strategy, the United States now has its first fully articulated cyber strategy in 15 years. “

It’s no coincidence that as soon as the the Biden administration came into office Russian based hackers have launched attacks against the country. I’d like to see Biden fight back. This isn’t Trump fault

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The hell it isn't , that shit trump was kissing putins ass now that a real man is in Office and fighting back you see some shit.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:21 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...r-Strategy.pdf

“In the last 18 months, my Administration has taken action to address cyber threats. We have sanctioned malign cyber actors. We have indicted those that committed cybercrimes. We have publicly attributed malicious activity to the adversaries responsible and released details about the tools they employed. We have required departments and agencies to remove software vulnerable to various security risks. We have taken action to hold department and agency heads accountable for managing cybersecurity risks to the systems they control, while empowering them to provide adequate security. In addition, last year, I signed Executive Order 13800, Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure. The work performed and reports created in response to that Executive Order laid the groundwork for this National Cyber Strategy.
With the release of this National Cyber Strategy, the United States now has its first fully articulated cyber strategy in 15 years. “

It’s no coincidence that as soon as the the Biden administration came into office Russian based hackers have launched attacks against the country. I’d like to see Biden fight back. This isn’t Trump fault
Implying they took a break while Trump was in office?

The disconnect is unreal. Not only did Trump not once stand behind the intelligence community when they uniformly agreed Russia was behind devious acts, he literally said he trusts Putin more than the intelligence community. My man, it's shit like this is why I don't take you seriously. Trump didn't once say "stop raping us online" he literally gave Putin a jar of vaseline and asked if he wanted his ass or mouth.

Regardless, as much as you want Trump to be running shit once again, he's not. And so it falls on Biden to do more than talk tough to Putin. I don't have high expectations just because Biden doesn't seem the type to try and cripple Russia just because they're doing the same shit to us.

I also agree with Sunny, hope the day comes where cyber security is no longer a partisan issue. Every first world country has skin in the game when it comes to devious acts online.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:47 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Implying they took a break while Trump was in office?

The disconnect is unreal. Not only did Trump not once stand behind the intelligence community when they uniformly agreed Russia was behind devious acts, he literally said he trusts Putin more than the intelligence community. My man, it's shit like this is why I don't take you seriously. Trump didn't once say "stop raping us online" he literally gave Putin a jar of vaseline and asked if he wanted his ass or mouth.

Regardless, as much as you want Trump to be running shit once again, he's not. And so it falls on Biden to do more than talk tough to Putin. I don't have high expectations just because Biden doesn't seem the type to try and cripple Russia just because they're doing the same shit to us.

I also agree with Sunny, hope the day comes where cyber security is no longer a partisan issue. Every first world country has skin in the game when it comes to devious acts online.
No more with the conspiracy theories…look to packing Poland with missiles, killing Russian mercenaries, multiple layers of sanctions against hacking activities and lethal weapon aid to Ukraine.

So continued Obama-like soft policy with Russia which was an abject failure? Don’t make me list the failures again. Also, yes Trump was aggressive with policy despite his rhetoric…that lead to a deterrent against Russia actions like these continuous hacking exploits.

Three already? Biden has to respond…this is fucking ridiculous. Let’s also note Biden gave the Russians a major strategy energy win with removing Trump era sanctions which allows first the completion and then the control of pipeline into Europe.

Good too see you back in the thread moob 😵*💫

He Gets Us
Old 07-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

In March of last year, thousands of companies and U.S. government agencies were sent a routine software update. This happened regularly with SolarWinds Orion software. There was no reason to suspect anything was wrong with the update.

What they couldn't see at the time was a malicious piece of code buried deep within the update, a Trojan horse planted by Russian military hackers looking for a backdoor to important American computer networks.

Nine months after that compromised software update, cybersecurity firm FireEye sounded the alarm. They had been hacked. Their crown jewels, what the company calls "Red Team tools," had been stolen. FireEye suspected that anyone who had downloaded and installed the SolarWinds Orion update had been hacked too.

The U.S. Treasury Department, Department of Justice, State Department, Energy Department, and the agency that protects and transports the U.S. nuclear arsenal, didn't see the Russians rummaging through their computer networks for nine months. Businesses, including software titan Microsoft, also found their systems compromised by the update. SolarWinds says its products are used by 300,000 customers around the globe, and that 18,000 customers downloaded its compromised software update.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/solarwi...es-2021-07-04/

The biggest cyber espionage hack ever was done by Russia to us in March 2020. During trumps watch.

1. Russia and China will hack us as much and as often as they can, regardless of who is the current US president

2. Trump DID weaken our cyber security defenses and Trump DID downplay Solar Winds hack and Russia's involvement

3. Biden has taken steps in his first few months in office. He sanctioned Russia for the solar winds hack and we created and installed a new position National Cyber Director.

4. Cyber security should and mostly is bipartisan.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
In March of last year, thousands of companies and U.S. government agencies were sent a routine software update. This happened regularly with SolarWinds Orion software. There was no reason to suspect anything was wrong with the update.

What they couldn't see at the time was a malicious piece of code buried deep within the update, a Trojan horse planted by Russian military hackers looking for a backdoor to important American computer networks.

Nine months after that compromised software update, cybersecurity firm FireEye sounded the alarm. They had been hacked. Their crown jewels, what the company calls "Red Team tools," had been stolen. FireEye suspected that anyone who had downloaded and installed the SolarWinds Orion update had been hacked too.

The U.S. Treasury Department, Department of Justice, State Department, Energy Department, and the agency that protects and transports the U.S. nuclear arsenal, didn't see the Russians rummaging through their computer networks for nine months. Businesses, including software titan Microsoft, also found their systems compromised by the update. SolarWinds says its products are used by 300,000 customers around the globe, and that 18,000 customers downloaded its compromised software update.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/solarwi...es-2021-07-04/

The biggest cyber espionage hack ever was done by Russia to us in March 2020. During trumps watch.

1. Russia and China will hack us as much and as often as they can, regardless of who is the current US president

2. Trump DID weaken our cyber security defenses and Trump DID downplay Solar Winds hack and Russia's involvement

3. Biden has taken steps in his first few months in office. He sanctioned Russia for the solar winds hack and we created and installed a new position National Cyber Director.

4. Cyber security should and mostly is bipartisan.
Well your not gonna read the plan and what the administration did based on Cooperation with Obama and built off csnp…which included the first transparency plan between private and public sector. You say simply Trump administration lead us down the wrong path on cyber security as he dismissed someone…thats wholehearted false. Even previous Obama officials stated trump administration was focused on cyber security and heavily invested.

solar winds…terrible hack…on the Trump administration, that’s fine, I’ll take that, but weird how with all the fake Russia hoaxes this seemed to the be one Dems were quiet about. Weird right?

But that type hack versus ransom ware and major infrastructure government/business continuity issues…which affects us more? Which affects the people of this country in day to day? That’s the problem.

Saying this is trumps fault, nope…this is a Biden problem which he hasn’t responded well enough especially after his face to face.

And there is no excuse for Biden removing sanctions to allow a major strategic energy win for Russia in leu of a cyber hacks to disrupt our pipelines. Come’on man…2 scoops of ice cream ain’t good enough reason to allow it.

He Gets Us