Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #436
12thMan
MVP

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

I bank with Citibank and my cell is with AT&T. Generally speaking the customer service is good. But God..and this may sound a little racist or whatever, but I hate getting transferred to the call centers in India. It's like they don't what the **** is going on..and you can tell they're reading a script the entire time. For instance, if you interrupt them it totally throws them off and they have to get back on track. It's like a huge waste of ****ing time.

But the part that really pisses me off is if you're going through the automated system, they will ask you if you want to speak to an agent press 0..but then they make you jump through three more hoops as if you're not really, really sure you want a live person. I'm usually so pissed when I get to someone I have to take a deep breath.

So what really grinds my gears? Shitty ****ing customer service that ain't customer service at all.

Last edited by 12thMan; 01-26-2012 at 11:56 AM.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #437
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Oh, and if you want to shred 1-5 (or 6,7 and 8 if you're one of those flashy car owners) this should do it:

Afghan soldiers killing US soldiers

Afghan soldiers turned guns on their US and NATO trainers more in 2011 than perhaps any other year, and the military organization running the war in Afghanistan has responded by choosing not to report details of these incidents.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), a NATO-led security mission established by the UN Security Council in 2001 to secure Afghanistan, has opted to leave the announcements up to the respective nation whose soldiers are killed.

Sometimes, the incidents are simply not reported.

I wonder why?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #438
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I bank with Citibank and my cell is with AT&T. Generally speaking the customer service is good. But God..and this may sound a little racist or whatever, but I hate getting transferred to the call centers in India. It's like they don't what the **** is going on..and you can tell they're reading a script the entire time. For instance, if you interrupt them it totally throws them off and they have to get back on track. It's like a huge waste of ****ing time.

But the part that really pisses me off is if you're going through the automated system, they will ask you if you want to speak to an agent press 0..but then they make you jump through three more hoops as if you're not really, really sure you want a live person. I'm usually so pissed when I get to someone I have to take a deep breath.

So what really grinds my gears? Shitty ****ing customer service that ain't customer service at all.
Do yourself a favor and never call Comcast, your head will explode.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #439
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
When you type in V for Va it does pull up the states but it starts with Vermont. So then you have to scroll down to Va and hit enter. So what I'm saying is that they make it a three step process when I could have just typed in Va and kept going. I guess it does not grind my gears I just think its stupid I have to go through 3 steps to type in va.
Just hit "V" again and Virginia will show up, unless the Virgin Islands is an option then you might have to waste another .004 seconds hitting "V" again.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #440
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Not realizing that my Warpath avatar was changed by the forces of Evil until just now grinds my gears.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #441
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post

I have like 5 checking accounts and 3 saving and I have all of them with the two local Banks and I actually talk to local people if I need to call. If I need something the local branch mgr actually can do something without calling home office. If you have a local bank or if you can join a credit union I would do that and you will never go back to a large bank. The only down fall is if you use ATM's alot your limited with a smaller bank.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #442
MTK
\m/

On hold for a conference call, waiting for the party that set up the call in the first place.

Gears officially grinding.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #443
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
On hold for a conference call, waiting for the party that set up the call in the first place.

conference calls in general

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #444
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
conference calls in general
Yeah nothing like 10 people on a line talking at once, it's like those old school party lines.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #445
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

When I was at ESPN and had conference calls with Disney, I got to listen to Hannah Montana while on hold...Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #446
mredskins
Gamebreaker

We once at Marriott had a huge emergency conference call for all the revenue managers, it was about down sizing and moving folks around. Well half way through the call we all heard "Ruth (it said her whole name) has now disconnected". JW Marriottt was even on the call! IT was too funny becasue she was my boss and I hated her so much. She played it off that she had emergency for her daughter. BS I looked right at her office door never opened, she just didn't want to listen to the rest because it didn't effect her area.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #447
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
When I was at ESPN and had conference calls with Disney, I got to listen to Hannah Montana while on hold...Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!!

I worked for Disney for a year, just awful. Like didn't pay me some weeks awful. They had no business being in the hotel industry what so ever. I honestly don't think they have a profitable hotel outside of Orlando. Plus there were people that worked there that were so in love with Disney that I swear they would have worked for free.

SS did you ever get commemorative stuff from Disney like coins and stuff that only employees could get? I got a bunch stuff. They were dumb like a coin that commemorated Walt's first BJ but they are worth some money on eBay.

I worked at the Hilton Head time share resort and honestly I think it was just there to promote the brand name.

HILTON HEAD ISLAND RESORT

It is a cool resort but from a revenue stand point at least when I was there it tanked big time.

Last edited by mredskins; 01-27-2012 at 12:23 PM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #448
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Opening the liquor cabinent and seeing a 1/2 shot left in the Makers or Gentleman Jack bottle

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #449
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Moving boxes around for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than your boss' boss wants them moved because he doesn't like them in their pre-existing spots.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #450
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I worked for Disney for a year, just awful. Like didn't pay me some weeks awful. They had no business being in the hotel industry what so ever. I honestly don't think they have a profitable hotel outside of Orlando. Plus there were people that worked there that were so in love with Disney that I swear they would have worked for free.

SS did you ever get commemorative stuff from Disney like coins and stuff that only employees could get? I got a bunch stuff. They were dumb like a coin that commemorated Walt's first BJ but they are worth some money on eBay.

I worked at the Hilton Head time share resort and honestly I think it was just there to promote the brand name.

HILTON HEAD ISLAND RESORT

It is a cool resort but from a revenue stand point at least when I was there it tanked big time.
I got a commemorative Pluto pin for 5 years of service.

ESPN makes so much money for Disney...but honestly they're treated like such step children by non-ESPN employees. I never worked directly for Disney of course but from what I've been told, working on Parks & Resorts side vs. working for ESPN or even just Disney TV is like night and day