Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion

Around the NFL training camp/preseason 2024

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-15-2024, 09:10 AM   #31
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Around the NFL training camp/preseason 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Now that Cousins is gone, I'm gonna pull for Minnesota (played with their HC at SDSU, well he played, I practiced). I'd much rather watch McCarthy than Darnold.
Why didn't you like Cousins?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2024, 11:11 AM   #32
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Why didn't you like Cousins?
I respect his genius business acumen but just did not like the way his leaving here went down.
Old 08-15-2024, 11:15 AM   #33
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
I respect his genius business acumen but just did not like the way his leaving here went down.
I don't think we can put the blame 100% on Cousin, it's well documented that Bruce Allen failed miserably as GM here (i.e., see Williams situation & team dynamics) so I'm sure he has some fault in the Cousin situation.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 11:31 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

Snyder and Bruce fucked it up with Cousins, why would he have wanted to stay here?
Old 08-15-2024, 12:46 PM   #35
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I don't think we can put the blame 100% on Cousin, it's well documented that Bruce Allen failed miserably as GM here (i.e., see Williams situation & team dynamics) so I'm sure he has some fault in the Cousin situation.
Definitely not 100%, hell probably not even 50%, but I still put some blame on him. I'm just not a fan of his. So I'm glad he didn't win shit w/ the Vikings. He will probably get benched at some point this year for Penix.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:06 PM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Now that Cousins is gone, I'm gonna pull for Minnesota (played with their HC at SDSU, well he played, I practiced). I'd much rather watch McCarthy than Darnold.
LOL.

This aged like milk.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:10 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
LOL.

This aged like milk.
Huh? I was trying to state that it sucks that he got hurt, as I'd be much more interested in watching if he was playing vs. Darnold playing.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:05 PM   #38
nonniey
The Starter

Question. I'm thinking of taking my brother to the Buc Redskins game as today I just found out he has about a year (or less) to live. He's no longer very mobile how hard is it to get to the seats in a wheel chair? Has anyone been to the Bucs stadium that can give me advice? (Looking at 3 seats next to an aisle but halfway down the section fIgure it will be stairs.
Old 08-26-2024, 08:20 AM   #39
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

I will never understand why Kirk Cousins is hated in DC more than RGIII. Kirk was never a diva, he never refused to run plays or fail to study film. No he simply used the system available to him to maximize his earnings. Other than Tom Brady name me one professoinal athlete who has not tried to maximize their earnings in the small window they have? I'll wait.

Not that it was used here but "He didn't want to be here" is such a lame reason to hate on the guy. These are fans who have witnessed first hand what it was like to be a Washington Redskins under Daniel Snyder. Why on Earth WOULD he want to be here?

Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 08-26-2024 at 08:43 AM.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 12:55 PM   #40
Fishingfool
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Question. I'm thinking of taking my brother to the Buc Redskins game as today I just found out he has about a year (or less) to live. He's no longer very mobile how hard is it to get to the seats in a wheel chair? Has anyone been to the Bucs stadium that can give me advice? (Looking at 3 seats next to an aisle but halfway down the section fIgure it will be stairs.
Sorry to hear about your brother. The stadium has accessible seating for people in wheel chairs.

https://www.commanders.com/stadium/s...-accessibility
Fishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 09:20 PM   #41
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
That was 100% on Allen, just like T Williams was.
Old 08-26-2024, 09:23 PM   #42
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingfool View Post
Sorry to hear about your brother. The stadium has accessible seating for people in wheel chairs.

https://www.commanders.com/stadium/s...-accessibility

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:05 PM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I will never understand why Kirk Cousins is hated in DC more than RGIII. Kirk was never a diva, he never refused to run plays or fail to study film. No he simply used the system available to him to maximize his earnings. Other than Tom Brady name me one professoinal athlete who has not tried to maximize their earnings in the small window they have? I'll wait.

Kirk was a above average QB. That said, he wasn't going to win you the big game. He also fumbled way too much and loved to collect garbage time stats.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 05:47 PM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post

Not that it was used here but "He didn't want to be here" is such a lame reason to hate on the guy. These are fans who have witnessed first hand what it was like to be a Washington Redskins under Daniel Snyder. Why on Earth WOULD he want to be here?
Bruce Allen literally shitted on his name, that tells you everything we need to know about how Snyder/Allen felt about him. It's all cool when they try to maximize profit but when a player does it? Fuck'em.

DGF, we're on the same page about Kirk. Best qb we had since Brad Johnson. The thing I really enjoy about fans bitching about Kirk is the whole "well, he was never gonna win the big game" argument. Bitch please, we were never winning a title under Snyder regardless. Snyder woulda fucked up Peyton Manning's career. At least Kirk made Commies football fun to watch again. And it's hilarious how they didn't want to pay him 20 mil/year when that's chump change for qb's nowadays.

Still if things had turned out different maybe we wouldn't have a competent owner now so thanks for your role Kirk.
Old 08-29-2024, 05:50 PM   #45
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Kirk was a above average QB. That said, he wasn't going to win you the big game. He also fumbled way too much and loved to collect garbage time stats.
NC I feel like we're on the same page about most things from football to politics, but literally nobody would've won the big game under Snyder. At least we got highlights like the greatest comeback in team history though. I witnessed that shit live - everything suddenly clicked for Kirk and he was like "fuck it, if they're gonna bench me I'm just gonna play like I don't give a fuck anymore." And that mentality made him a top 3 business-savvy qb so good for him.