Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: It's DALLASS WEEK 2013 (Part 1)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
O ye of little faith. Hast thou fallen so far from belief. This game shall bring forth the spirit of the Skins. The cowboys will be outplayed, and brought low before the Skins. Remember Thanksgiving, remember the final game. No, Dallas won't win, their defense is a shambles, and while our players have missed oh so many tackles, that won't continue, but the cowboys defense just is poorly schemed and poorly manned. Ware will be left wondering. Lee will be calling on Stan for his heroes to save him, Claiborne's feet will be born of clay. And though their offense might feed off of Bryant and Murray's energy, Garrett will call a timeout so that Romo can decide who to throw the INT to next.

The Skins defense will rise up and cowboys fans will shout PEDs at Jackson as he returns that INT for a touchdown. Hall will tackle Murray, and Murrays big toe shall be smitten, and he shall not return. Witten will beat Fletcher a few times, but Fletcher will be smiling at the end as he lifts Romo up off his ass.

Yes this will be the game that restores those with floundering faith. A game that will set the tone for the rest of the season. The Skins will win. Just have the faith.
People have lost faith in this team for great reasons. The minority/majority opinion of this team has flipped after losing the first 3 straight games. And you can pull the old, "well we just beat Oakland" card out, but lets remember they were without their 2 best offensive players in McFadden and Pryor and they just cut the QB who played against us today in favor of a guy whom we cut back before preseason.

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #32
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Our defense can handle those cowgirls. We are the beasts of the East.

Screw them, we will go down there and smoke those fools out. Just like last year, but more like game 2 at FedEx then the thanksgiving day beat down.

That's what 12 year old me would say.

Of course I am now 35 so I have a little different view on football.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #33
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think it's just the opposite. It's like the 4th preseason game. The players have a chance to reset before the season. My expectation is that Griffin wasn't thrilled with his play the first 4 weeks, and took time outside of the pressure of week to week football to self scout his play. And the extra week puts him on par now for the later dates of when he would have come back.

I think he was making small strides each week, and the national stage will set up nicely for him and the Skins as a whole.
^^^ this would be right in line with RGs work ethic and talent. Just not sure he can get there as quickly with that knee still in the back of his mind. If he does tho it's a big testament to his will and drive.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #34
44Deezel
The Starter

League to meet with Oneida tribe next week: NFL says it'll meet with tribe about Washington Redskins name - ESPN

Run-roh
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Let's keep the focus on Dallas week, not bring up the name debate again here. Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #37
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I am hoping to see a more polished team coming out of the gate after the bye. If they can win the turnover battle and run the ball well, there is a good chance for a W. Wouldn't hurt for Romo to have a bad game too; hopefully our D-Line can influence that. I look for Haslett to bring it from all angles and for Alfred Morris to have a big game.

Skins win a close one...
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #38
Bucket
Playmaker

I think we lose a shootout.

Griffin will look amazing, but our defense will give up the big plays. D Hall will play a solid game against Dez like he usually does, but the big plays will come from the deep ball.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #39
Deivybaby

Buckett any news on defensive coaching changes? And I thi k rg3 will do bad his confidence level is not that good right now this is possibly the worst feeling he's had as a football player with the media and the record..

I think we lose.

27-17 dallas. Hasslett hets fired after the game and shanny will be on hot seat the deivybaby prediciton plz respect it yall
Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #40
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What makes you think this team can beat Philly in Philly? I don't see any guarenteed wins on our schedule. We barely beat Oakland with Flynn as the QB and an injured McFadden.
Well, I mean, the Giants.

There are no guaranteed wins if the Redskins don't show up, but the Giants aren't going to pull away from anyone this season. You can play three crappy quarters against them and still win.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I know last years game against Dallas to get into the playoffs was huge, but minus the timing of it this weeks game is equally important.
My heart says 30-23 Skins, but my brain says 56-28 Dallas. Go Heart!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #42
Green Monk Machine

I'm hoping the bye week did us good, but I'd be surprised if the team chose a must win road divisional game to spark a fire on offense vs a team that lights it up every single week and fought toe-toe with the best in the same stadium a week ago. We need a lot to go our way.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #43
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I know last years game against Dallas to get into the playoffs was huge, but minus the timing of it this weeks game is equally important.
My heart says 30-23 Skins, but my brain says 56-28 Dallas. Go Heart!
If Dallas drops 56 points on us, we deserve to lose.

It is extremely concerning that they dropped 50 points on an A+++ Broncos team, but Skins-Boys games are almost always close.

The Boys are just like us (or at least how we were in the past); they play up or down depending on their competition. They played up to the Broncos, they'll play down with us.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, I mean, the Giants.

There are no guaranteed wins if the Redskins don't show up, but the Giants aren't going to pull away from anyone this season. You can play three crappy quarters against them and still win.
True, but we could easily get beat by NY, just as we could easily beat them. It's not like we could just show up and beat them.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hope we spread out the Cowboys in some wide sets. Broncos would go to that and could throw the ball pretty easy against the Cowboys. They were doing it despite starting T, C out. Think we should put RG3 in shotgun and let him do the same.

I'd like to see us try some different things in the offense, see if we can get something going. Taking a couple queues from the Broncos isnt a bad thing
This is the last thing we need to do. We don't have the type of offense to go all pass happy. We need to do what won us the division. Run Morris til he drops and keep their offense off the field.
Closed Thread