Redskins Hatters In The Media

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins Hatters In The Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not sure of what he said exactly, I just some someone tweet that he was on the radio blasting the Skins moves so far. Saying we're missing out on a rich FA market, Eagles are raking it in, etc. Along those lines.

Point being, he's not happy. What else is new?
Honestly not sure why I was so concerned, since I don't even listen to any of the local sports pundits. It's their job to get ratings, so whatever works for them.

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #32
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
My issue is for 10 yrs we have heard nothing from the media but how the Skins were trying to buy a championship. Last year and this year Allen not only found a way to keep us out of CAP hell he brought in cheap talent other then McNabb. This year alone has shown they are not on the same old path by how they turned 5 picks into 12 and brougt in cheap talented vets. So what really does the media want? They complained about the Skins spending sooo much money on vets and trying to buy a championship, and when the Skins finally stop doing that they again ridicule the Skins saying they had a bad offseason and won't do well? WTF?

Is it because the Skins didn't go out and pick up a QB like all the media pundits said we needed and had to have? The Skins didn't do what they said the Skins needed to do so they have turned on the Skins?

Does Buffalo have the same problem with their winningless team? What about Cinci? I don't know about the rest of you but I hardly hear the media bad mouth Cinci like they do the Skins. But it's obvious tue media doesn't like a team to go out and buy all the big names in order to win it all right? Wrong, just look at the love fest over the Eagles and Jets this year. They did what the Skins have done and everyone is all over their jocks this year talking about they are going deep into the playoffs with what they picked up.

I can only hope the cohesiveness is not there and they bomb, and the Skins do better and atleast make it into the playoffs just to rub it in.
In defense of the Eagles, for them that is not the norm. They won't draw the same scrutiny as a team that for more than a decade has tried the same formula and been nothing more than a consistent loser. The Eagles have been consistent winners over the same period the Redskins have been losers.

The media, like most fans will always heap praise towards the winner. In many ways their criticism/s only serve to echo the often expressed sentiments of the fans.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

As a fan, I think the media is inconsistent...as a member of the media, I think fans only hear what they want to hear, don't pay close enough attention to what's being said and tend to greatly genearalize

Either way, they could heap praise on the Redskins (we could heap praise on us?) at 2-14 or hate us at 14-2. I'd rather take the latter
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #34
MTK
\m/

Cowturd says we're going 2-14.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #35
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
In defense of the Eagles, for them that is not the norm. They won't draw the same scrutiny as a team that for more than a decade has tried the same formula and been nothing more than a consistent loser. The Eagles have been consistent winners over the same period the Redskins have been losers.

The media, like most fans will always heap praise towards the winner. In many ways their criticism/s only serve to echo the often expressed sentiments of the fans.
10 years of winning and four NFC Championships buys you some leeway.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #36
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
I heard B Mitch wasn't happy with the Skins not chasing the big name guys this year. Can you ever win with this guy?
I haven't lived in the area for years now, but was streaming 106.7 at work the other day and B Mitch was just a complete nonsensical jerk to the point I turned it off and will now only try and stream the Junnkies in the AM if I can remeber to do it. It is sad, I thought a lot of the vendetta(sp) stuff was because of Snyder's fantasy football experiment. Now there is direction and these guys still want to flame away at every oppurtunity. Sorry I will not be adding to those Neilson (or any other) ratings numbers for these bottom feeders.

A thread about people in the media worth listening to would be great also IMO. Especially for the people removed from the area.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #37
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The Junkies are actually jerks, B Mitch is not (not in my opinion at least)
Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #38
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Kevin Sheehan and Thom Loverro are pretty solid
Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #39
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I, generally don't have a problem with B. Mitch, he calls it as he sees it and, although critical, usually they are fair criticisms. Haven't heard him this year, though.

At times, however, I do get tired of his "you didn't play, so you don't know nothing" attitude.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Cowturd says we're going 2-14.
He's the worst of the hatters.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #41
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
Cowherd is a big time hater. Can't stand this guy sometimes.
Yeah -- Colin Cowherd -- big time hater . . . 2-14 this year. Ha!

Says he "doesn't like the culture" here. Presumably because we try to 'buy championships and break the bank with free agent stars. At the same time, he can't believe we didn't go out and find a QB.

You just can't win with this guy...
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #42
over the mountain
Playmaker

plenty of reasons fans could hate on DS. recently it seems DS has done the right thing. Honestly, i dont see any DS hate in the threads lately, not near what it used to be.

i hate the guy, downright hate him. big deal. thats my opinion. yours, mine . .doesnt really matter and since hes stepped out theres no real reason to bring him up unless its to analogizes to years previous.

I dont think any fans opinion of DS is right or wrong. plenty of reasons for both sides.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #43
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I can't argue with that really. And I am just going by the 15 minutes of pure hate coming from B Mitch that made me want to turn of the "radio."

Its been almost 7 years since I lived in VA and I will agree the Junkies were jerks then too, but my radio was on them stuck in rush hour because it was less painful than what else was on in there time spot.

Now I live in a town with one radio station and it is country. Thankfully my commute is only 5 minutes. Not many people buying software at 6am so I need something to fill in the void.

And thanks for the info on the other two guys! Gonna try and catch their show now if I can.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I, generally don't have a problem with B. Mitch, he calls it as he sees it and, although critical, usually they are fair criticisms. Haven't heard him this year, though.

At times, however, I do get tired of his "you didn't play, so you don't know nothing" attitude.
It's funny. I never really hear that from him. Used to hear it all the time from Doc Walker
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #45
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Yeah -- Colin Cowherd -- big time hater. He predicted 2-14 for our team this year.
Yeah he hates on my college too.