Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2014 Pro Bowl Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #31
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: 2014 Pro Bowl Thread

Yeah, the Superman thing and the bicep kiss drive me INSANE. Most players have their thing, but both of those are SOoOOOo, "LOOK AT ME!"

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Watched it for about 2 minutes and had to turn it off. Time to close the book on the watered down Pro Bowl.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #33
Kindoy
The Starter

Didn't tune in, realized that saw it on the guide while looking for the grammy's and didn't even think to record it. Wished I would've recorded it. It's looking more and more like a lost cause every year.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #34
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I'm wondering, how many of you who thought it was silly, with the changes and all, actually watched the Pro Bowl for more than a couple of minutes, if at all? I mean, honestly? Not that I blame anybody for being skeptical, because let's face it - the Pro Bowl is almost never entertaining to watch. But still, who can say they watched the entire game and still came away thinking it was just as bad as the previous Pro Bowls? I can't say that. I actually was quite entertained. Watching it with very low expectations helped. It's still got plenty of lame moments, but the effort the players put into the game, along with the rule changes, and the teams being non-conference, really made the game worthwhile to watch in my opinion. I liked seeing guys from the same team go against each other. It had more of an all-star feel to it than recent years. Hated seeing Alf fumble the ball, but hey, he did have some good moments as well.

All in all, it definitely exceeded my expectations. They still have some work to do to really make it worthwhile to watch, but I'd definitely tune into it again next year if they keep a similar format.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I'm wondering, how many of you who thought it was silly, with the changes and all, actually watched the Pro Bowl for more than a couple of minutes, if at all? I mean, honestly? Not that I blame anybody for being skeptical, because let's face it - the Pro Bowl is almost never entertaining to watch. But still, who can say they watched the entire game and still came away thinking it was just as bad as the previous Pro Bowls? I can't say that. I actually was quite entertained. Watching it with very low expectations helped. It's still got plenty of lame moments, but the effort the players put into the game, along with the rule changes, and the teams being non-conference, really made the game worthwhile to watch in my opinion. I liked seeing guys from the same team go against each other. It had more of an all-star feel to it than recent years. Hated seeing Alf fumble the ball, but hey, he did have some good moments as well.

All in all, it definitely exceeded my expectations. They still have some work to do to really make it worthwhile to watch, but I'd definitely tune into it again next year if they keep a similar format.
I agree with you that it wasn't as bad as it has been, even entertaining at times. I don't think they will ever get past the fact that it means jack shit though. That fact alone probably reduces interest by more than 50% compared to the worst regular season match-up.

Other than the $15,000 difference (or whatever it is - pocket change anyway) between winner and loser, what do these guys really have to play for? The risk vs. reward really isn't there for them to go all out.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post

I would have watched more, but I really can't stand Chris Collinsworth. Every time I flipped to it he was saying how this year the players are playing for pride, and how the change to man on man let the corners really play defense. He may have been right, and I did think that they were playing better than the last few years, but I just can't stand hearing him.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #37
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I watched the Grammys.

Turned on the pro bowl long enough to see AlfMo fumble, I literally watched it for all of five minutes saw that and was like $&@* it.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #38
Gary84Clark

It was a good Pro Bowl. Players showing off some skills.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
over the mountain
Playmaker

a little bit of awesome right here

Y! SPORTS

glad she didnt have to spend 23 hours in a baltimore city jail jam packed with other dudes using her shoes as a pillow while laying on a spit covered concrete floor head to toe with another dude so close that you can feel each others chest inhale and exhale ...
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

Y! SPORTS

glad she didnt have to spend 23 hours in a baltimore city jail jam packed with other dudes using her shoes as a pillow while laying on a spit covered concrete floor head to toe with another dude so close that you can feel each others chest inhale and exhale ...
I watched the video. Amazing how small she looks when running near the players on the field.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #41
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Wow, those uniforms are the worst I've seen, other than the Steeler "bumble-bees".
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

Y! SPORTS

Except, how did the guy watch it on TV and smile? The league and TV networks do not show streakers. She was actually visible on TV for about a second as she sprinted last the player who scored.

This video wasn't televised.

Quote:
According to Torres, her cousin Gary was watching the whole scene on television from his home in New Mexico. Though he is unable to speak, it was clear he was moved by Torres' tribute.
Feel good reporting.

Congrats, lady, you got away with breaking the law, probably because you're cute and petite.