Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #31
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Around the NFL Championship Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I hope my boy RW goes crazy this week and reaches 200 yards passing.
Keep reaching for the stars baby!

Advertisements
Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #32
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Free Jason Campbell!

God, the Browns are a mess.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #33
MTK
\m/

Bill Lazor hired by the Dolphins as offensive coordinator.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #34
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Mass exodus in Cleveland.

OC Norv Turner is interviewing for Vikings OC job.

DC Ray Horton is interviewing for Titans DC job.

Hilarious. Well done.
What a mess. No one wants that job.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #35
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Wilson just gets the job done. He always sems to makes just enough plays to help his team win w/ out putting up stats. That's just how their offense is. He was a big reason why Lynch ran wild on the zone read plays last week. Not sure if it's going to be enough take it all the way. They're going to need to get more out of their passing game.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Wilson just gets the job done. He always sems to makes just enough plays to help his team win w/ out putting up stats. That's just how their offense is. He was a big reason why Lynch ran wild on the zone read plays last week. Not sure if it's going to be enough take it all the way. They're going to need to get more out of their passing game.
It's not all on Wilson, his WRs are very avg but so are RG3s, and Griff doesn't have the D to bail him out like Wilson does. I guess i just got tired of folks here saying they would rather have had Wilson and he's better than Griff. It's pretty obvious so far that he's not better, he's just put in a far better situation. Anyone else agree?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
It's not all on Wilson, his WRs are very avg but so are RG3s, and Griff doesn't have the D to bail him out like Wilson does. I guess i just got tired of folks here saying they would rather have had Wilson and he's better than Griff. It's pretty obvious so far that he's not better, he's just put in a far better situation. Anyone else agree?
He's on one of the best teams in the league.

No question that's a huge factor.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #38
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
i agree...if you put Wilson or Kaep on the skins we would still be a bad team, with our horrible D and special teams. If you put RG3 on Seahawks or Niners he probably be able to take them to the playoffs. But i will give Wilson credit his has avg WR's and no TE at all, so he does what he has to win and makes the clutch throw.

In all I dont think either one is far and above RG3 as being a complete pocket passer that we all complain about with RG3. Now Luck is a different story he has carried the Colts these past two seasons.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #39
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
I agree with everything that you said.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I would rather have Wilson and the 3 picks back. I think both guys are pretty close ability wise, one isn't significantly better than the other. But Wilson obviously plays for a better team and stronger organization.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #41
donofriose
The Starter

Yea the Colts and Seahawks are two of the better organizations in Sports. Not surprising those two young QB's are having success there.

Hopefully the Redskins will mimic what they do in order to be successful.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I would rather have Wilson and the 3 picks back. I think both guys are pretty close ability wise, one isn't significantly better than the other. But Wilson obviously plays for a better team and stronger organization.
Hey I want those picks back too lol in sure we all do but it's in the past, no need to be all down about the trade now. I think both will be starters in the league for a long time but I don't see Wilson being better in the long run just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #43
redskins5044
Playmaker

Yep with hindsight being 50/50...lol....most of us would take the picks back and have Wilson, but we can't so we have to hope RG3 can become an elite QB.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Yep with hindsight being 50/50...lol....most of us would take the picks back and have Wilson, but we can't so we have to hope RG3 can become an elite QB.

Why? Wilson is nothing special. He's not asked to carry the load and has no pressure on him with Lynch and that defense. He rarely throws for 250 yards and doesn't even top 200 most games. He'll go a few games passing with 60-70% accuracy and then have a string where he completes 40-50%. Kaepernick is the same way. Put him on a team where he's forced to be the one to win games, like Griffin's spot or most other teams in the league and I doubt he'd succeed. Seattle and San Fran are mirror images make-up wise and they're unique situations in a league that has become a pass-first league that requires a franchise QB. These two teams are still wining in the old mold of defense and a strong run game. Both teams win despite who their QBs are, not because of them. Wilson and Kaep have their moments and highlights but neither are the reason their teams are in the NFC Championship.

Griffin has more raw talent than both. He's faster with a stronger arm and until this season, was more accurate. I believe this season will be an anomaly in his career when we look back. Cam Newton was written off by everyone, including myself after his sophomore slump and we're hearing the same things about Griffin. We've seen what he can do. Also, no one can be expected to come back immediately after his surgery without any offseason work and pick up where he left off. Mike Shanahan made a lot of mistakes but his benching of Griffin at the end of this season so he'll have a full offseason might end up being a blessing. I was in the "he needs reps" camp, but missing two straight offseasons could be a career and franchise killer.

He'll be the better QB in the long run. Luck may have more success, at least for the next few years, but both of them will prove to be worth what the teams paid for them.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #45
Monkeydad
Living Legend

The Ravens are interviewing Kyle Shanahan for OC!

I'd love to see him ruin that team too.