Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Redskins Head Coach job is the best opening available

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #31
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: The Redskins Head Coach job is the best opening available

I don't see the Redskins gig anymore worse than the Cleveland gig.

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I don't see the Redskins gig anymore worse than the Cleveland gig.

Can't argue with that!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKRat View Post
This franchise is a disaster. Surf around, look at what other media outlets are saying about the Redskins. Other fanbases. People around the NFL. A franchise QB you say? Others say an overrated, arrogant, me-first guy who has issues with his coaches and some teammates. Not to mention having his Daddy hanging around making unneccessary demands, "suggestions" etc. A good nucleus of young talent?? What? Really? This team is awful in so many areas, here again is where too many fans think they have a better team than what's really here. I mean...3-13..let that sink in. Good talent?

5 SB's?? Really? The last one was how many years ago? Nobody gives a flying fart what happened in 1992. How many playoff wins since then?

Best fan base? Really? You mean the one that for years only shows up when the team is winning? Did you not see the KC game? The Dallas game where over half the stadium was cheering for Dallas? This fan base is the biggest bandwagon rider in the league and has been for years.

Cap space? They don't have nearly as much as some other teams do. Besides the Redskins have so many holes they need ten times as much as they have to go get anyone good. Not that many good FAs will want to come to this train wreck of a team. And many other teams have all their draft picks as well.

A hungry owner? What? You mean an arrogant, meddling, weasel of an owner? The atmosphere here is poisonous....there's no other way to put it. Coaches will always be under Danny's thumb here.

This franchise, the one that stood for honor, winning, integrity, etc is DEAD. Gone. It will never be the glory years again. The problem is there are too many fans that think a snap of the fingers will fix things and they'll be a contender again, so they keep forking over money to Danny for tickets and merchandise, etc...and the team ends up sucking again and again and again. No matter who coaches, who gets drafted, signed as free agents, it's always the same....

I think this job is easily one of the worst in the league now, if not the absolute worst. Listening to Allen blather on about how "the right people are in charge now" etc made me want to puke. Isn't that what they said about the Shanahans, etc...

Nothing is going to change here.
Totally agree that if RG3 is a bust, this team will continue to sink into the bottomless abyss with no end in sight (Trying to come up with apocalytic language to match your depressing tone).

But who don't you think is talented? Won't even mention RG3.
- Garcon
- Trent Williams
- Alfred Morris
- Darrel Young
- Jordan Reed
- Ryan Kerrigan
- Orakpo (yes, he might be gone)
- DHall

And have you already concluded that guys like Amerson, Riley Jr., Rob Jackson and Crawford have no future in this league? Bowen and Coefield are unemployable?

FACT: 55 guys on the 2009 roster were OUT OF THE LEAGUE within a year.

How many guys on this team wouldn't find work with another team?

Yes, 3-13 can't be ignored. But you can't ignore the fact that this same roster won the division just last year, are in the best CAP position in the NFC and that it's not unheard of for teams to go from worst to first or vice versa every year. There's a reason no team has won the NFC East 2 years in a row in over a decade. Parity.

The NFL is totally unpredicable and somewhat random. No one is arguing the Redskins will be Super Bowl bound next year, but I don't believe they're in a tailspin that will take years to recover from either... UNLESS RG3 turns out to be a total bust.

To me, it all comes down to him.... not the next coach or Snyder or Ancient Indian curses that have been placed on the team
Old 12-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Wow is that negative!
Unfortunately I cant say your wrong about anything

If I had my choice of the openings I would pick the Texans.Great owner,have the first pick in the draft.If they draft the right qb I think they'll be ready to go
Idk, foster is always hurt and AJ is getting old and I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone soon. The d is solid but they have no qb at all.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Probably need to start a thread, but 980 stating Bevell to interview this weekend. Ian OConner I believe too, not sure

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Like any opening, there are pros and cons here. It's not all doom and gloom. There's talent on the offense, the team will have more than enough cap room to make some impact moves, and it's a high profile gig.
Thank you. Plus no one ever considers that there are personal preferences, and family considerations that will sway a potential coach toward or away from DC. Every potential HC has their own list of best to worst situations
Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thank you. Plus no one ever considers that there are personal preferences, and family considerations that will sway a potential coach toward or away from DC. Every potential HC has their own list of best to worst situations
Plus if someone finally manages to make a winner out of this team, he'll be a freaking legend. Sainthood awaits anyone that can win a SB here.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #38
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Despite the circus atmosphere surrounding this franchise, I believe Snyder/Allen and others are very aware of how they are perceived and want to attract someone that will come and win. Winning cures dysfunction.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #39
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I think if a guy comes here its going to be all about the money. No coach in the NFL is going to be paid more than what we will pay for the two years or so that they will be here.

how long is the leash on the next coach? I think that's a good question to ask. Is it one and done if the team tanks?

Lots of people are betting the house on Griffin being new and improved next year. Why?? What could anyone have seen out of him this year that suggested a dramatic comeback next year? Sure i'll accept that his knee is not 100% and probably never will be again, but did he all of sudden turn into a pocket passer? Is the RGME attitude left behind? I think those are all fair questions.

Last question on my mind is how anyone would be beating the door down to work for Mr. Snyder knowing his history with coaches, and the team's well known and publicized dysfunction from the top all the way to the bottom. I think it speaks volumes that in 14 years, we've only won the division twice. Almost on pace for a while with a new coach every year. I just don't see how a respectable coach could believe he had a snowball's chance in hell and being anything other than mediocre.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #40
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think if a guy comes here its going to be all about the money. No coach in the NFL is going to be paid more than what we will pay for the two years or so that they will be here.

how long is the leash on the next coach? I think that's a good question to ask. Is it one and done if the team tanks?

Lots of people are betting the house on Griffin being new and improved next year. Why?? What could anyone have seen out of him this year that suggested a dramatic comeback next year? Sure i'll accept that his knee is not 100% and probably never will be again, but did he all of sudden turn into a pocket passer? Is the RGME attitude left behind? I think those are all fair questions.

Last question on my mind is how anyone would be beating the door down to work for Mr. Snyder knowing his history with coaches, and the team's well known and publicized dysfunction from the top all the way to the bottom. I think it speaks volumes that in 14 years, we've only won the division twice. Almost on pace for a while with a new coach every year. I just don't see how a respectable coach could believe he had a snowball's chance in hell and being anything other than mediocre.
Look, Im the first one that is hoping and praying RG3 returns to Heisman form. I may be a bit of a homer, but look at it through these lenses.

- Him and Shanny, as well as his OC, did not really get along, and according to multiple sources, were never on the same page

- Got a very serious injury at the end of his first year, and did not have a true offseason

- Came back early on said knee

- Had to work with alot of dropped balls, horrible playcalling and a defense that put the team behind almost immediately every game (ala they knew we would be throwing)

- Didn't have any reps in preseason, first real reps after his surgery was basically in the first week of the season

- Still did not put up horrible numbers. 16 TD's and 12 INT's, while not as good as the previous year, was a very decent product of the things going on in the organization, plus, he didnt play the last three games.

I may be the ultimate homer, but I think anyone writing this kid off as a diva that overachieved for one season, and is now a bust, will have a rude awakening in the next few years. Once his knee is 100%, and he WASN'T 100% this year, he will be back in form.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

Why bet on Griffin improving next year? #1 he had a very serious injury, I'm still amazed we even have to say this. #2 never question his drive to succeed.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #42
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Why bet on Griffin improving next year? #1 he had a very serious injury, I'm still amazed we even have to say this. #2 never question his drive to succeed.
I hear you but Tebow has an incredible drive as well.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If these John Harbaugh to Texas rumors are true, people will kick the door down to work with Ozzie Newsome and Steve Biscotti to coach the Ravens
Old 12-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #44
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I hear you but Tebow has an incredible drive as well.
Is this some kind of subversive code?.......NY.....Eve trickery?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #45
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKRat View Post
This franchise is a disaster... Blah, Blah, Blah... Nothing is going to change here.
Turn in your fan card!

Welcome to my ignore list.