Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kirk cousins = dime a dozen

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #31
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: Kirk cousins = dime a dozen

I have to believe that Redskins fans have to be the most "knee-jerk reacting" fans in the entire league. I mean, RGIII has one great year and it's time to enshrine him in the Hall of Fame. Has a bad second year (do to injury no doubt), and he's mentioned in the same category as a bust and people are wanting to trade him. Kirk Cousins comes out and plays decently - basically like how a normal second year fourth round draft pick back up quarterback would play - and he's a dime a dozen. OR, he's a superstar. One extreme or the other!

Come on guys!

Which would you rather have: A combination of RGIII/Cousins, or John Beck/Rex Grossman? I would take my chances with the former. And I would also make sure those two quarterbacks are on the same roster next year as well. Seriously, this is the best depth the 'skins has had at quarterback in a long, long time. There are more serious issues that need addressing - but quarterback is not one!

Special teams, alone, have lost the 'skins some games this year. Defense has lost games for this team as well. Offensive pass protection has been bad for most of the season - and it's gotten worse. The only time I feel it's necessary to complain about quarterback play is when the offensive line is as stout and solid - to the liken of the old hogs. When the defense is solid and stingy, and the special teams makes big plays for the 'skins and NOT for the other team. Then if the Redskins are still losing games, then we need to take a long hard look at the quarterback. Heck, even if all the 'skins are able to improve on is pass protection and special teams - that might be enough to give a good long look at quarterback, but as far as I'm concerned, this team needs to overall some very glaring issues first before we start crapping on RGIII or Kirk Cousins.

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #32
Gary84Clark

Kirk Cousins says he thinks he’s made improvement

Cousins had all the first team reps in OTAs , training camp, and preseason. He should have a rapport with the receiving corps and coaches (LeFleur). They like how he is coachable, yet they had all this time and all they get outta him is mediocrity. It's the coaches in my opinion looking for excuses. Cousins gives the coaches (LeFleur)the best chance because he got all the offseason practice reps. But the coaches (LeFleur)are mediocre and the results are mediocre.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #33
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Kirk Cousins says he thinks he’s made improvement

Cousins had all the first team reps in OTAs , training camp, and preseason. He should have a rapport with the receiving corps and coaches (LeFleur). They like how he is coachable, yet they had all this time and all they get outta him is mediocrity. It's the coaches in my opinion looking for excuses. Cousins gives the coaches (LeFleur)the best chance because he got all the offseason practice reps. But the coaches (LeFleur)are mediocre and the results are mediocre.
Dude we get it. You're RG3's dad. lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #34
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Here's where I stand on the young QB's:

1. I think they both have the ability to be starters in the NFL.
2. I'd like to keep both of them for at least one more season.
3. I see no reason to have an open competition. RGIII is #1.
4. Both young QB's need to work with outstanding QB teachers in the off-season.
5. The Redskins need to hire the best QB coach they can get for next season.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind keeping both but if offered a second for cousins you have to take it. Cousins hasn't done anything to cause a qb controversy since he got the start. I think a lot of rg3 haters are realizing rg3 wasn't the problem with the team.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #36
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I wouldn't mind keeping both but if offered a second for cousins you have to take it. Cousins hasn't done anything to cause a qb controversy since he got the start. I think a lot of rg3 haters are realizing rg3 wasn't the problem with the team.
Every time I think of trading Cousins for a pick I think of LeRibust.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I wonder if anyone ever deepfried buffalo wings wrapped in bacon?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Perhaps with a BlueBell and Peanut butter dipping sauce?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #39
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The secret ingredient is lard.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #40
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Every time I think of trading Cousins for a pick I think of LeRibust.
With a new coach maybe Le Rib can turn it around.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #41
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
He was a 4th rd pick so .... . I don't think anyone after 3 starts can honestly be cast as , good , great or bust . I would guess if KC has a strong work ethic , great confidence he can develop into a very good qb . RG111 can be great as he was last year with the right team/coaches . OL , DL , DB and I think this could be moving in the right direction .
I hate that draft position even matters. The NFL's "best and brightest" continually prove they have no clue when it comes to grading and drafting QBs. Even guys like Brees and Rodgers weren't early first round picks.

That said, I don't care where Cousins was drafted. He has played at practically a historic level in his first few starts at a position that even the best struggle mightily at for years. If he was our first round pick, we'd all be optimistic about the future. So unless you believe he's only going to get worse with more experience, there's no reason to think he's just a dime a dozen. But who knows. Projecting QBs is one of life's great mysteries.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #42
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Oh.....HELL NO Bud! Three starts is more than enough......
Just ask Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning.....Kurt Warner.....
Don't forget about Brees. San Diego "saw his talent" and drafted Philip Rivers after his second year, because they Concluded he wasn't franchise QB material.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Here's where I stand on the young QB's:

1. I think they both have the ability to be starters in the NFL.
2. I'd like to keep both of them for at least one more season.
3. I see no reason to have an open competition. RGIII is #1.
4. Both young QB's need to work with outstanding QB teachers in the off-season.
5. The Redskins need to hire the best QB coach they can get for next season.
Agree with all points. Unless we get blown out of the water with an offer for Cousins I'd rather hang on to them both for another year too.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I have to believe that Redskins fans have to be the most "knee-jerk reacting" fans in the entire league. I mean, RGIII has one great year and it's time to enshrine him in the Hall of Fame. Has a bad second year (do to injury no doubt), and he's mentioned in the same category as a bust and people are wanting to trade him. Kirk Cousins comes out and plays decently - basically like how a normal second year fourth round draft pick back up quarterback would play - and he's a dime a dozen. OR, he's a superstar. One extreme or the other!

Come on guys!

Which would you rather have: A combination of RGIII/Cousins, or John Beck/Rex Grossman? I would take my chances with the former. And I would also make sure those two quarterbacks are on the same roster next year as well. Seriously, this is the best depth the 'skins has had at quarterback in a long, long time. There are more serious issues that need addressing - but quarterback is not one!

Special teams, alone, have lost the 'skins some games this year. Defense has lost games for this team as well. Offensive pass protection has been bad for most of the season - and it's gotten worse. The only time I feel it's necessary to complain about quarterback play is when the offensive line is as stout and solid - to the liken of the old hogs. When the defense is solid and stingy, and the special teams makes big plays for the 'skins and NOT for the other team. Then if the Redskins are still losing games, then we need to take a long hard look at the quarterback. Heck, even if all the 'skins are able to improve on is pass protection and special teams - that might be enough to give a good long look at quarterback, but as far as I'm concerned, this team needs to overall some very glaring issues first before we start crapping on RGIII or Kirk Cousins.
Fans in general can be pretty retarded. Last week after the Saints lost to the Panthers I heard callers on Monday morning on NFL radio saying Brees wasn't getting it done and that Sean Payton should be fired.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Don't forget about Brees. San Diego "saw his talent" and drafted Philip Rivers after his second year, because they Concluded he wasn't franchise QB material.
Well, after Brees' third year. When he had lost his starting job for a few games to Doug Flutie. And later on the shoulder injury played a factor in SD's decision to let Brees go.

Last edited by HailGreen28; 12-27-2013 at 09:42 AM.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote