Boyz vs. Skins Post-Game Dread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #31
redskins5044
Playmaker

Re: Boyz vs. Skins Post-Game Dread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Everyone who can't wait for Snyder to fire the head coach better hope like hell he's going hit the jackpot with Shanny's replacement. 'Cause I'm not seeing any fabulous alternatives.

A new coach means this organization starts all over again. It's not like Tony Dungy coming to Indianapolis in '02 -- where he steps right in and suddenly we're a perennial playoff contender. It means starting from SCRATCH; all the way back to Square ONE. A complete changeover in systems and schemes. And there'll be no guarantee that the new coach wants RGIII.

Sometimes the grass ain't always greener.
IMO Synder is going to go in one of two directions. He either tries to get another established coach like Gruden or Cowher who will be like Shanny and want to do things his way. Or we will become the Cowboys who brings in yes men who cater to Synder and RG3.

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The grass on this side is already burnt.

Pretty sure a new HC would be coming in with the understanding RG is the franchise QB. That would likely be a big part of the interview process.

3 losing seasons out of 4... if we're worried about starting over from this god help us.
Mike is like 21-35 as a HC ot really can't get much worse
Old 12-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Everyone who can't wait for Snyder to fire the head coach better hope like hell he's going hit the jackpot with Shanny's replacement. 'Cause I'm not seeing any fabulous alternatives.

A new coach means this organization starts all over again. It's not like Tony Dungy coming to Indianapolis in '02 -- where he steps right in and suddenly we're a perennial playoff contender. It means starting from SCRATCH; all the way back to Square ONE. A complete changeover in systems and schemes. And there'll be no guarantee that the new coach wants RGIII.

Sometimes the grass ain't always greener.
Sometimes, it's instructive to take a look around you. The Redskins are at their lowest on-field point in 20 years. Probably 40. Once you arrive at that conclusion, you can move forward without fear that Snyder might screw up the next hire.

Starting from scratch is, and I mean this, a better position than the next coach will actually be starting from.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I hope as soon as 0:00 shows up on the clock after the Giants game, both Shanny's, Haslett and Burns are given a pink slip. I mean literally, at 0:00. Snyder needs to be standing in the tunnel handing out walking papers.

I would have already fired him. The moment that article came out from Graziano and they stunk up that game a couple hours later, he would have been dismissed immediately. Dan needs to stop being a penny pinching jackwad and suck it up and eat the 7 million.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #35
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
The grass on this side is already burnt.

Pretty sure a new HC would be coming in with the understanding RG is the franchise QB. That would likely be a big part of the interview process.

3 losing seasons out of 4... if we're worried about starting over from this god help us.
So the new coach walks through Snyder's door at the interview and won't have control of the roster on game day?

If that's the case this organization is doomed.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

Quote:
So the new coach walks through Snyder's door at the interview and won't have control of the roster on game day?

If that's the case this organization is doomed.
We already know that Shanahan's relationship with RG is poor at best.

So if you're worried about a new coach not wanting him, why no concern about his current coach?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Mike is like 21-35 as a HC ot really can't get much worse
Oh yes it can. It absolutely can get worse.

I'm just saying that the history of this franchise under Snyder is to demolish the building when the cracks start to appear. And no matter who the new guy is it never, ever, EVER works out.

How about just once we stay the course and chalk it up to a bad year?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

I'm just saying that the history of this franchise under Snyder is to demolish the building when the cracks start to appear and it never, ever, EVER works out.

That would be called willful ignorance.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sad part is I have Dallas fans talkin shit and I could even care less
Old 12-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I'm just saying that the history of this franchise under Snyder is to demolish the building when the cracks start to appear. And no matter who the new guy is it never, ever, EVER works out.

I don't see it man but honestly I thought mike was going to be the guy that changed it around for us.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #41
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
We already know that Shanahan's relationship with RG is poor at best.

So if you're worried about a new coach not wanting him, why no concern about his current coach?
Because rational human beings sometimes have to work out their differences. There have been other instances where people don't get along but they make it work because it's the right thing to do for the franchise.

But apparently that's impossible here.

Last edited by Beemnseven; 12-22-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #42
GTripp0012
Living Legend

What about when the rational, self-interested coach puts his rational, self-interest ahead of the team?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #43
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I don't see it man but honestly I thought mike was going to be the guy that changed it around for us.
I know. I honestly didn't think it would get like this. This year was just the perfect storm -- a chain reaction of bad events ... Griffin's injury against Seattle that delayed his offseason preparation ... the cap penalty that didn't allow us to upgrade ANYWHERE ...

I'm certainly not saying that Shanahan is blameless. Time-management issues, the inevitable conflict of interest when your son is the play-caller, not having a plan for Danny Smith's departure ... I'm sure there's more. It sucks out loud.

Stability when things go wrong is the one thing Snyder hasn't tried yet. I know I'm in the minority on this, but ... I just wouldn't make a change unless there's a knight in shining armor ready to ride in on a white horse. I just don't see it.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
When Dallas got the ball last I knew we would lose, and idec what Snyder does anymore, this team is destined to lose under him, we will finish 3-13 holy fuck that's bad, this has been by far the worst yr as a skins fan for me fuck this franchise
Yep
I recorded the game while out xmas shopping.When Dallas got the ball back down 6 i went ahead and fast forwarded to the end cause I knew it was coming and I didnt want to drag out the misery.
I'm so sick of us not getting the calls,it seems like its been that way for yrs.There seemed to be a number of blatant holding calls not called.
On Murrays long run in the first there was blatant holding on a skin that was going for the tackle.
This team seems to be jinxed.Inside the red zone and penalty after penalty,WTF Moss? Then Moss throws the ball up for the int,it was a tough catch but cmon man.Its sickening
Old 12-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yep
I recorded the game while out xmas shopping.When Dallas got the ball back down 6 i went ahead and fast forwarded to the end cause I knew it was coming and I didnt want to drag out the misery.
I'm so sick of us not getting the calls,it seems like its been that way for yrs.There seemed to be a number of blatant holding calls not called.
On Murrays long run in the first there was blatant holding on a skin that was going for the tackle.
This team seems to be jinxed.Inside the red zone and penalty after penalty,WTF Moss? Then Moss throws the ball up for the int,it was a tough catch but cmon man.Its sickening
Honestly man I am not even let down by it , it's hard to get upset when u know what's coming