Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It's F'ing Dallas week

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #31
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: It's F'ing Dallas week

We have this same argument every year on this board.

Someone starts a thread about the up coming weeks game, people weigh in, god forbid you don't say the Skins win in a blow out; if you pick them to lose you are stripped of your Redskins Fan Card, regardless if you have been a fan since you were four.

Gets old, fast.

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Skins 24, Cowboys 13. This garbage I'm reading about how good Free looked in preseason is insane. CREDIBLE articles are talking about how crappy he has been and Orakpo is going to own him. The Cowboys will get a few big plays, and as long as our D doesn't show but so many growing pains to the 3-4, I think we really stick it to them.
What the hell kind of prediction is this?! Your prediction is supposed to be one word...one word that rhymes with Torain

I think it will be a hard fought game that could go into overtime, after that...who knows.

Andre Carter will be the x factor in this game, in my opinion
Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #33
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure how any skins fan could pick Dallas to win. I know its just a pick but its dallas. I mean Homo and dallas. How the hell can you pick them.

YouTube - TO Crying
I totally agree with you bud!

I could at least understand if the game were @dallas on opening night,since we don't play well on the road opening day (see:last 2 seasons @Giants)

But at home,2 time SB winner HOF coach,HOF QB and we want dallas chants...?
and a coach with a 12-4 week 1 record and tops of all 31 other coaches....?
A QB with a chip on his shoulder?

If this were the Redskins VS the AFC Pro Bowl roster...I would have us winning at home!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #34
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Not sure how any skins fan could pick Dallas to win. I know its just a pick but its dallas. I mean Homo and dallas. How the hell can you pick them.

YouTube - TO Crying
its easy,you pick who you think is gonna win,not who you want to win.
I think Dallas wins this game.It doesnt matter how they looked in preseason,I watched their games and Romo still looked damn good.They had dropped passes for ints and fumbles,things didnt bounce their way this preseason,we cant count on that.
I think with them getting Dez bryant for this game,Mcnabb not spending enough time with the offense,our run defense worst in the preseason,questions about Fat Al,advantage Dallas
Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #35
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Could it be because the regular season is about to begin, or because it's Dallas week that Shanahan has taken time out to caution the local media in the art of discretion?

After reading Dan Steinberg's DC sports blog last night, Shanahan appears less than thrilled at the fact the local media takes the liberty to put in print, elements of team practices which he would rather not see revealed. His hints were about the reporting on personell groupings, team strategy and strategic planning.

I gather from this, Shanahan is not going to be as receptive to giving lengthly answers to media questions in a way simular to his predecessor, or in a way in which the locals have become accustomed.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #36
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

SS - I'll go with TMC's regular answer: PAIN

First Week games are always crazy. Dallas has swagger, they always get up for a Skins game. Romo has many options to get the ball to between Witten, Austin, Williams, Bryant and Hurd, and their Cerberus backfield of Barber, Jones, and Choice get up for big games. Their O-Line is decent, but if Doug Free ends up seeing Haynesworth and Orakpo all afternoon, Romo will be running for his life. Dallas' defense is solid, with one of the best in the game in Ware.

The Skins are the wild card this year. New coach, new systems on both sides of the ball, new QB. The talking heads see a weakened running game with 2 old horses, and no receivers to get the ball to aside from Moss and Cooley. The defense has adjusted to the 3-4 well, and this style of defense will let Orakpo run wild.

I see the Skins win in a close one. Let's say 20-16.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #37
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We have this same argument every year on this board.

Someone starts a thread about the up coming weeks game, people weigh in, god forbid you don't say the Skins win in a blow out; if you pick them to lose you are stripped of your Redskins Fan Card, regardless if you have been a fan since you were four.

Gets old, fast.
New here so maybe that's been the case on these boards in the past.

I personally don't fault you for predicting us to lose in a 17-10 and that's a very realistic and logical way of thinking imo....

And if we had Jason campbell,Jim Zorn and same staff,a 4-3 bend don't break have our CB 15 yards off the WR's....Portis and Betts and no improvement along the O-line....Moss and Randel El and company....

I would agree with you 100% Mredskins!

Actually...i would have us losing probably 24-7 or 24-10 or something like that.

My point?
People need to forget about last season...

Imagine we are an expansion team that added 13 pro bowlers on their roster with a franchise QB and a 2 time SB winning head coach with THE best opening week 1, 12-4 winning % in the league...
Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #38
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
its easy,you pick who you think is gonna win,not who you want to win.
I think Dallas wins this game.It doesnt matter how they looked in preseason,I watched their games and Romo still looked damn good.They had dropped passes for ints and fumbles,things didnt bounce their way this preseason,we cant count on that.
I think with them getting Dez bryant for this game,Mcnabb not spending enough time with the offense,our run defense worst in the preseason,questions about Fat Al,advantage Dallas
Why do you think the rookie Dez Bryant will make a difference, but the veteran McNabb won't?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #39
MTK
\m/

Romo looked damn good in the preseason eh?

26/46 for 287 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 64.3 rating

Yeah that's sharp
Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #40
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Everytime Portis makes a big run Swade Phillips is going to look over to someone and in a sweet little grandfatherly voice say "Good Gurdy what a Gash".......... LMAO!!!!! Yeah BABY this is the thread ive been waiting on!!!!!!!! Lets do this!!!! and Dirty 30 is gona body rock DEZ!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #41
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
New here so maybe that's been the case on these boards in the past.

I personally don't fault you for predicting us to lose in a 17-10 and that's a very realistic and logical way of thinking imo....

And if we had Jason campbell,Jim Zorn and same staff,a 4-3 bend don't break have our CB 15 yards off the WR's....Portis and Betts and no improvement along the O-line....Moss and Randel El and company....

I would agree with you 100% Mredskins!

Actually...i would have us losing probably 24-7 or 24-10 or something like that.

My point?
People need to forget about last season...

Imagine we are an expansion team that added 13 pro bowlers on their roster with a franchise QB and a 2 time SB winning head coach with THE best opening week 1, 12-4 winning % in the league...
But you are still an expansion team and expansion teams dont do well. The Skins are much better than an expansion team, my problem is that the new QB hasnt had a chance to play in live action with the starters and to top it off he's hurt. I think the Skins might have had a better chance had DM played a traditional preseason but he didnt which is why I think they will struggle to score points in week 1.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #42
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why do you think the rookie Dez Bryant will make a difference, but the veteran McNabb won't?
Exactly..

For all we know..dez is a cross between M.Kelly and Taylor Jacobs...

rarely do rookie wr's break out their 1st season. If Dez bryant was on ANY other team besides the ESPN Cowboys...We wouldn't hardly hear about him...

I mean,how long did we all remember hearing kenny britt's name before yesterday?...lol
1st round pick rookie in 2009

Honestly,I forgot he played for the titans...lol
seriously
Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #43
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

YouTube - TO Crying
Cowboys vs Redskins....no true Redskin fan could ever pick the Cowboys even if they don't think the Redskins will win.

No matter how hard I try, I can't erase the memory of the last game I saw McNabb pay in an Eagles uniform.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #44
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Romo looked damn good in the preseason eh?

26/46 for 287 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 64.3 rating

Yeah that's sharp
It never ceases to amaze me that when the Skins dont do much in preseason (especially under Gibbs) they are being vanilla as to not tip their hand but others who dont do much stink. I guess thats another benefit of kool-aid.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #45
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Two words.

Santana Moss.

Skins 27
Dallas 21