Albert Haynesworth and His Trainer

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #31
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Albert Haynesworth and His Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_str View Post
are you serious? please look at the history and the facts. he played hard in a contract year, played when he felt like it last year, and has created controversy this year. weather you want to accept it or not he was shopped for a late 1st round pick in this draft and nobody wanted any parts.
Haynesworth's last two years in Tennessee were his best years, so not just his last year. Whether it was money driven or not, the guy has talent. While players have responsibility of their own, people like you that complain about someone like Haynesworth, fails to forget the terrible state of our front office and coaching staff last year. Our team has repeatedly shown to acquire players and fail to use them to the best of their ability. Yet despite being out of shape, AH was a force in the defensive line and made that part of the defense much better. It didn't win games, but that's on the defensive coaches and not AH, he came and did his job, resulting in Orakpo and Carter getting a ton of sacks.

Personally, I think people need to get over the fact that Vinny and Snyder gave Haynesworth a $100 mil contract and brought him to a team with poor leadership and discipline. I have the sense that a lot of people hate Haynesworth and bitch about him because they can't get over that. Just get over it, that was a terrible decision by the team, and he was brought over to a team that was going to lose no matter what. Haynesworth has put a lot on his shoulders by making the decision to work out on his own, and prove that last year was just the result of the terrible situation that this team was. Now he needs to prove that to the coaching staff.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #32
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
are you serious? please look at the history and the facts. he played hard in a contract year, played when he felt like it last year, and has created controversy this year. weather you want to accept it or not he was shopped for a late 1st round pick in this draft and nobody wanted any parts.
either back it up.. or back it up bro
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Bad teams/organizations tend to pin their failures on their best players, and in my opinion, our best players last season were Jason Campbell on offense, and Albert Haynesworth on defense.

Good organizations would stick together and quietly fix the problems. Just a heads up if Donovan McNabb and Brian Orakpo start getting blamed for our struggles next year.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #34
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Bad teams/organizations tend to pin their failures on their best players, and in my opinion, our best players last season were Jason Campbell on offense, and Albert Haynesworth on defense.

Good organizations would stick together and quietly fix the problems. Just a heads up if Donovan McNabb and Brian Orakpo start getting blamed for our struggles next year.
I want to like this post. I really do. And not that I'm questioning you, but can you throw out a few examples of "bad teams/organizations tend(ing) to pin their failures on their best players." ??
Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #35
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Thanks for taking the time to look this up and post it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #36
Swarley
The Starter

I vote Dirtbag for best use of a search engine!

Good stuff, man and in all honesty if Haynesworth comes in and performs this season this will all be moot, I dont see why we have to discuss it like someone is cheating on someone in every thread. Hopefully this will put some sort of damper on the "trade him now" talk.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #37
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post

your right on the offensive side...but london was our defensive player...and after him carter...and then orakpo...
Old 04-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #38
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I want to like this post. I really do. And not that I'm questioning you, but can you throw out a few examples of "bad teams/organizations tend(ing) to pin their failures on their best players." ??
The most immediate examples I'm coming up with are actually in other sports: Cubs blamed Milton Bradley for their failures last year, Royals blamed Alex Gordon, the Suns were trying to deal Amari Stoudamire for the longest time.

I guess some examples of this happening in football would be what the Jags did w/Byron Leftwich, the Lions did with Shaun Rogers, the Broncos with anything they've done in the past two years, the Jets with Chad Pennington and John Abraham before him, Cowboys (fans) with Tony Romo, the Bills with Trent Edwards, the Eagles with Terrell Owens, the Cardinals with Thomas Jones, three different teams with Kurt Warner, and really, the Redskins with every quarterback of the last decade.

I don't really like any of my football examples because they all have dual reasoning, but I think a big reason is that if you're a productive player on a dysfunctional team, it's easy to just blame the most publicized players than to quietly address what's actually wrong. I think if Shanahan and Allen are going to be successful, the first thing they have to do is refrain from alienating our best players. Which is why this Haynesworth thing, while completely overblown by the media, really doesn't make a lick of sense.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #39
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
I care most about what he produces on the field...I hope that he is a monster at us for NT or end or wherever we place him this season. he just needs to be disruptive to free up the RAK! he may not be happy playing NT...but hey...i'm sure he'll do just fine. What should he care where he plays anyways? If his ultimate goal is winning a championship he should focus on what to do that is best for the team.
"So nothing against them or whatever but if I want to get back to being the best defensive tackle in the NFL then I need to do this." - AH
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #40
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
i agree he should. but history shows when they get paid they lay back and slack. the fact he is not showing up and the fact we can't get a 2nd rounder for him draft day shows something.
Getting a 2nd round draft pick for him? Haven't you heard it was never the intent to trade him?
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #41
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I really don't care about AH and his trainer. I mean who really cares? Just show up at training camp ready to ball. How you get in shape is really on him. These videos don't mean dick.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #42
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

My only issue with this is that tripp, Haynesworth's trainer came to Albert to train him in Tenn. Why couldn't he do the same here in Washington and have Tripp work with our trainers to show them he doing and intergrate some things that our staff suggest into Albert's workout.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #43
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

plus tripp's mullet is tremendous. I think it competes Jared Allen
Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
My only issue with this is that tripp, Haynesworth's trainer came to Albert to train him in Tenn. Why couldn't he do the same here in Washington and have Tripp work with our trainers to show them he doing and intergrate some things that our staff suggest into Albert's workout.
I doubt the team would go for that. Players tend to either work out on their own, or with the team. Bringing in a personal trainer to work with team trainers would probably only create a conflict of interest and serve as a distraction.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #45
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I vote Dirtbag for best use of a search engine!

Good stuff, man and in all honesty if Haynesworth comes in and performs this season this will all be moot, I dont see why we have to discuss it like someone is cheating on someone in every thread. Hopefully this will put some sort of damper on the "trade him now" talk.
I would just be content if the people who started the trade talk would fess-up and reveal who within the organization said we were going to trade Albert from the beginning. If the trade rumors were actually true, that information had to come from someone...Who is that someone? The HC & GM have continued to emphatically deny, it obviously comes down to who you choose to believe.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote