Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #31
warpaint
The Starter

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Who was back in punt return did ARE make an appearence back there?

What was the commentating like due to us hiring B.Allen?

What did Gruden say about our sititaution if anything?

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Can anyone think of a more embarrassing lost on MNF ever? I really cant.
But we are what our record states, a f*cking horrible, pathetic team. BUT, we have gotten rid of our biggest issue Vinny so that is a plus. My smack now after being able to sleep on it:

1. Its a broken record: our offensive line is god aweful. Heyer is horrible in pass protection. We honest to god need at least 2 new starters in on the line, Tackle and either RG or the other Tackle position. Rabauch at center is bad, but Ill think we will keep him at this point but bring someone to challenge for the spot, maybe Williams but who knows.
2. Anyone stating Zorn can stay and still head coach is crazy. I just dont get the defending of such a poor coach. People like stats, look at his record, nuff said. The way he didnt get this team ready to play for a national audience last night was IMO enough to get him fired now, and put in Jerry Gray as HC. The man looked pathetic on the sidelines. Blanche probably should go based on his unit's preformance as well. Danny Smith too, yeah he called a couple fakes this year, f8ck him.
3. Free Safety is now officially a need on this team. Move Laron to his natural position of strong safety and lets throw some money at a vet in the offseason. Laron is playing with zero confidence.
4. The other thread of cut 10 starters should be taken into consideration by Bruce Allen. If we are bring in new FO, new HC, then new players should follow. To everybody stating "we are not far off", please....we are at least 2 years, maybe 3 from seriously challenging within our own division. Its going to take patience, lets start by getting some of the Gibbs, Vinny guys off the team...some immediate, some more slowly...immediate: ARE, Portis, Daniels, Rock, Randy Thomas, Wynn, Samuels (retirement due injury), more slowly: Moss, Rabauch, Carlos, Betts, Rocky.
5. JC was bad last night, BUT after seeing other vets who I would consider options for next year (Hasselbeck, Bulger, Penningtion, etc.) he is still our best option at QB by far. Several horrible throws last night, but like we have said, he is average QB and I think we get a couple games like that unfortunately with him back there.

Bruce Allen good luck, I have faith in you, and if any higher power is reading this post and other posts here, please dont let us play like that again for next week game. Amen.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #33
Jesse E. Timmons
Camp Scrub

the mnf crew really got on my nerves last night, especially gruden, he was an ass i thought. i turned sonny and sam on the radio.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

F the whole team and staff. They gave up, season over.

At least now Bruce Allen doesn't have to feel bad about cleaning house.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #35
nyredskinsfan
Special Teams

Thumbs up Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
F the whole team and staff. They gave up, season over.

At least now Bruce Allen doesn't have to feel bad about cleaning house.
you know matty....i was trying to come up with something about this game and you came up with a shortened version. i like yours.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #36
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Maybe the team is MAKING SURE the coaching staff is.........GONE?
............disgrace
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Not much else to say, right?

I turned the game off early in the 3rd quarter. Not sure I've ever done that before.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #38
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
All of the above. I don't know what to think about Jason coming back in. On one hand, no one can possibly say he's not a leader now. On the other, he definitely hurt his stock around the league in doing so. Or at least, I think he did.
maybe he will never be the same after the shellacking he has been taking this season. kind of like a Pat Ramsey syndrome. and whats up with people bitching about the refs? sure, they missed one on Jacobs, but during that scuffle Haynesworth threw a punch as well
Old 12-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #39
bigmarley4
Special Teams

We lost to GB on MNF in 2001-2002 maybe? That was pretty awful.

Can we please never ever wear burgundy on burgundy again. They don't even look good.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #40
mike340
Special Teams

Did it start with Hall being dragged around by the facemask, or did I mis-see it?

Defense, for the first time all year, never showed up to play. Strangely, I felt we were completely out of it starting during the third Giants drive, and not because of the offense (only 2 series so far for them), but because our defense simply couldn't stop them.

Our offensive playmakers outplayed our defensive playmakers.

JC was under ridiculous pressure during the first half, recovered starting the second half, and then went downhill due to earlier pressure from the Giants and game pressure. Collins came in, however, and immediately delivered the goods. Hmmm...

The offensive line was truly offensive, earning it my Golden Goat award. The other goes to the defense.
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

Can't say I'm really surprised that the team folded last night. Did I see it coming? No. But in hindsight I think the signs were there for a potential collapse.

Vinny stepping down, Allen coming in, Shanahan in the rearview, rumblings of coaches on the staff interviewing for the HC job and the resulting dissention amongst the ranks of the staff, it's not a surprise we got smoked.

Finally, let's tip our hats to the Giants who came in and played like a team with a purpose. We were overmatched in every phase of the game.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #42
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Jason Campbell I know the protection was pretty putrid today. But the numbers don't lie...he threw two horrible interceptions that were his fault. Plus, how is it that Collins comes in and fires off two deep passes? I'll tell you why, because he wasn't afraid to take on 3rd string DBs, even in tight coverage. I think JC will and should be re-signed but quit playing scared. Make some throws.
Yeah, he looked scared tonight, but he actually hasn't played that way in the last several weeks. I don't know if it was the Giants, or primetime, or the fact that the rest of the team mailed it in, but he definitely didn't have it last night... And because of that, gave all the haters an excuse to come out of the woodwork.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

With a complete lack of protection I really can't blame JC for being off. Dude was getting killed and kept coming back for more.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #44
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not much else to say, right?

I turned the game off early in the 3rd quarter. Not sure I've ever done that before.
Quitter!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

I was just following the example set by the team.