Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Raiders)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Raiders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Does the head coach deserve any blame when it appears that it takes 10, 11, or 12 games for he can get his offense to finally start hitting on some cylinders? Then you have to ask how much of it really is "his" offense when they had to bring in somebody from the outside to run it.

Look, we beat the Raiders. The lowly, pathetic Raiders. Let's see how high we are on Zorn in about three weeks after playing the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers.
The Raiders who beat Steelers and Bengals? Let's face the fact, every week, every game is different..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
The Raiders who beat Steelers and Bengals? Let's face the fact, every week, every game is different..
Dont forget about the Eagles
Old 12-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Well, the Steelers are in free-fall, and the Bengals got caught in a trap game. Even the lowly, pathetic teams will sneak up and bite some good teams now and then.

I'm just saying that you can't do exactly what SmootSmack says, and fire the coach after one game, or sign him to an extension after one nice win against one of the bottom-dweller teams of the league. Look at the total body of work.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, the Steelers are in free-fall, and the Bengals got caught in a trap game. Even the lowly, pathetic teams will sneak up and bite some good teams now and then.

I'm just saying that you can't do exactly what SmootSmack says, and fire the coach after one game, or sign him to an extension after one nice win against one of the bottom-dweller teams of the league. Look at the total body of work.
The whole body of work suggests fringe playoff contender who simply lost too many games on the margin in September and October to be around in December.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The whole body of work suggests fringe playoff contender who simply lost too many games on the margin in September and October to be around in December.
You believe we are a 'fringe playoff contender' ?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Does the head coach deserve any blame when it appears that it takes 10, 11, or 12 games for he can get his offense to finally start hitting on some cylinders? Then you have to ask how much of it really is "his" offense when they had to bring in somebody from the outside to run it.

Look, we beat the Raiders. The lowly, pathetic Raiders. Let's see how high we are on Zorn in about three weeks after playing the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers.
Well, we blew out the Raiders, which is exactly what we were supposed to do to the Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Chiefs. Yes, it took way too long, but this is exactly what good teams do to bad teams.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It all just goes to show how difficult these decisions can be. We want Snyder to "Save OUR team" by firing Zorn one week and keeping him the next, cutting Campbell one week, re-signing him the next. Before, during, and after every game most of us have 10 different suggestions for every situation. It's not easy
Old 12-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It all just goes to show how difficult these decisions can be. We want Snyder to "Save OUR team" by firing Zorn one week and keeping him the next, cutting Campbell one week, re-signing him the next. Before, during, and after every game most of us have 10 different suggestions for every situation. It's not easy
Atleast everyone agrees that Cerrato should be fired
Old 12-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Nonsense sir. I think consensus has been there quite some time...Snyder can only "save" the team by firing one person, that weird little toady Vinny, and then bringing in a professional football man to decide the other issues you mention.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Nonsense sir. I think consensus has been there quite some time...Snyder can only "save" the team by firing one person, that weird little toady Vinny, and then bringing in a professional football man to decide the other issues you mention.
Vinny does deserve credit for ignoring O-line depth last offseason. Orakpo was definitely the right pick in the 1st round, but how do you go the rest of the draft without selecting an O-lineman despite the dire need? Worse still, when Jason is proving his meddle under fire, Vinny will go out and draft a QB with our 1st round pick before addressing O-line, mark my words.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #11
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Vinny does deserve credit for ignoring O-line depth last offseason. Orakpo was definitely the right pick in the 1st round, but how do you go the rest of the draft without selecting an O-lineman despite the dire need? Worse still, when Jason is proving his meddle under fire, Vinny will go out and draft a QB with our 1st round pick before addressing O-line, mark my words.
Well, you know, best player available. When you, uh, don't do that you get in trouble.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Yeah...but I don't think he's nearly the problem everyone says he is. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those times the fans' voice might as well be heard
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah...but I don't think he's nearly the problem everyone says he is. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those times the fans' voice might as well be heard
You mean that those bus ads are working?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
53Fan
Franchise Player

What did we lose our last 3 games by? A total of 7 points? To the Cowgirls, the Eagles, and the Saints. We're competitive. I think we're closer than people think.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
What did we lose our last 3 games by? A total of 7 points? To the Cowgirls, the Eagles, and the Saints. We're competitive. I think we're closer than people think.
I agree with you, with GTripp, as well.. We were 6-2 first half of the season last year, but then until other teams figured out Zorn's patterns and such.. Maybe Zorn have good concept of designing plays and things like that but he does not know how to call plays.. Maybe with Sherm's mentoring, I think it would be safe to give playcallings to Kubiek (sp?) or Smith.. Of course, that is only if everything in FO and coaches is intact in off season..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote