Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL Week 6

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2017, 03:31 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: NFL Week 6

The good ole NFCE where the previous year means absolutely nothing.

The Eagles are legit.

Refs cheated for Carolina and it didn't matter.

Newton played like a scared little man tonight.

We have to win the next 2.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #32
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I didn't watch the whole game, but what I did see - it seemed like the refs gave a couple free hits to Eagles defenders and somehow didn't call Newton's layout a touchdown, even you could freeze frame the ball over the goalline and all his body off the ground.

I also saw Newton throwing freebie interceptions on the last drive until the last throw into the ground.

Eagles do look good, and look like a mean Jim Schwarz defense
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #33
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think we are ok whether Elliot plays us or not, BUT ...

Ezekiel Elliott suspension reinstated after court ruling - NFL.com
I didnt read the actual opinion but I believe the injunction was lifted bc Elliott didnt exhaust his available remedies per CBA protocol .. basically any appeal was premature.

I imagine this goes back into NFL hands, Zeke exhausts his remedies available to him under the CBA, then he can file a stay of the suspension and appeal w Fed Co.

Regardless, my understanding is that these appeals are not fact based appeals (meaning Fed Co isnt trying to decide if Zeke committed assault, etc) but limited to review of procedural errors -- did the NFL not follow their CBA and maybe, whether employment discipline procedure is fair, reasonable and provides due process to players.

I think Zeke plays for the foreseeable future until all these legal boxes get checked off.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #34
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I didn't watch the whole game, but what I did see - it seemed like the refs gave a couple free hits to Eagles defenders and somehow didn't call Newton's layout a touchdown, even you could freeze frame the ball over the goalline and all his body off the ground.

I also saw Newton throwing freebie interceptions on the last drive until the last throw into the ground.

Eagles do look good, and look like a mean Jim Schwarz defense
Carolina gave this game to the Eagles. That deflected INT deep in the Panther's own territory set the Eagles up nicely. And then the other turnovers. The Panthers seem pretty soft up the middle. The Eagles were able to gash them for 7 yard runs. However, the Panthers' D did get to Wentz several times, and we all remember how ol' RGIII used to be criticized for the style of play he was playing. Well, I'm seeing the same thing with Wentz. He's taking a lot of hits. That could come into factor later on in the season.

I think the 'skins defense is better than the Panthers', and I think the 'skins will have something to prove come next week when they face the Eagles again.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man, Kuechly with another concussion? Call me soft, but if I was him Id start planning for life after football. He's been severely hampered in the past bc of head injuries...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #36
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Not saying the Eagles aren't vastly improved, but like EVERY fumble/INT bounced right into their hands. Law of averages says that can't keep happening.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man, Kuechly with another concussion? Call me soft, but if I was him Id start planning for life after football. He's been severely hampered in the past bc of head injuries...

It’s not soft at all, the more we learn about the long term impact of concussions shit is downright scary.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Wentz has turned out to be a real playmaker at Qb. Plus they have a very good d-line. Eagles are legit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #39
mredskins
Gamebreaker

My 9 year old son got invited to Ravens vs. Steelers last weekend. I would not let him go, especially without me. He probably won't go to a game until much later.

Its because of crap like this:

Ugly fan violence at Panthers game caught on video – ProFootballTalk

I have ZERO interest in attending a game anymore, been like that for awhile. Cost, view, overall experience, shit like above, parking, etc....no freaking thanks.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

Alcohol, testosterone, and low IQ is a lethal combo
Old 10-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #41
Meks
Pro Bowl

Should have seen the local bar where we watch most of iur football last night .. thank god these ass hats wont be there on sunday like usual.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
My 9 year old son got invited to Ravens vs. Steelers last weekend. I would not let him go, especially without me. He probably won't go to a game until much later.

I have ZERO interest in attending a game anymore, been like that for awhile. Cost, view, overall experience, shit like above, parking, etc....no freaking thanks.
what a cheap shot...guy is sitting? Guy needs to be locked up.

He Gets Us
Old 10-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Should have seen the local bar where we watch most of iur football last night .. thank god these ass hats wont be there on sunday like usual.
your getting a bye week...enjoy!

He Gets Us
Old 10-13-2017, 03:46 PM   #44
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

It is a shame .Maybe I just wasn't aware at that age but it never use to be like that.Yes a fan would curse but seriously not that much and yes I am talking about Giant games when Allie Sherman was coach and they were really bad.I first started to notice it in the 80's when I took my girls to games.The one who is a Skins fan took her to a Giant /Skins game once and she kind of like the Giant fans giving her a hard time but no threats or cursing at her it was all in fun.

I still believe there should be an Alcohol ban in the stadium ,I love my beer so don't get me wrong but I don't need it to watch a game.Add in all these fantasy leagues and that the cost of a game is so high ,people lose it.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
It is a shame .Maybe I just wasn't aware at that age but it never use to be like that.Yes a fan would curse but seriously not that much and yes I am talking about Giant games when Allie Sherman was coach and they were really bad.I first started to notice it in the 80's when I took my girls to games.The one who is a Skins fan took her to a Giant /Skins game once and she kind of like the Giant fans giving her a hard time but no threats or cursing at her it was all in fun.

I still believe there should be an Alcohol ban in the stadium ,I love my beer so don't get me wrong but I don't need it to watch a game.Add in all these fantasy leagues and that the cost of a game is so high ,people lose it.
Maybe like midway 3rd quarter, but I hate legislating/managing to the lowest common denominator. These small group of f*cks ruin shit constantly for folks.

He Gets Us