Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2010

Other Sports

Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #31
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2010

CRAP CRAP CRAP. Don't lose to the Canadiens. I'm sick of seeing Canadians win.

Unrelated: Ryan Miller is still looking great for the Sabres...I could root for him I don't like the teams in the Finals.

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #32
JLW428
Special Teams

This is why I wanted to see the Rangers win over the Flyers. We would have had a much easier time with them. The Habs beat us both times we played during the regular season. Even though they are not that great of a team, there are certain teams that have other teams numbers in the NHL. This year the Habs seem to have the Caps.

I'm still not too worried. Caps will turn in around. IMO we played better than the habs, and Halak will not be able to have games like that for too much longer. He isn't that great of a goalie, he just had a career night.

We'll be ok...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #33
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The Caps better turn it around. I saw an article about a players' mentality when they are on a top seed that loses to the bottom seed and it basically starts out like this.

They go in thinking everything's fine, then start questioning themselves when the first game is harder than expected. Then when they lose the first game, their psyche gets damaged and they start questioning themselves even more. They allow the #8 seed to get in their heads and start panicking and then it all goes downhill from there. If the Caps don't get their shit straight we won't be in this very long.

And yes it was a completly unacceptable effort on our behalf last night. Ovi wasn't himself, their D was swarming, we couldn't keep the puck in their zone because passing was atrocious and they kept getting blocked/picked off, and if it wasn't for Teddy that game would've been even worse.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #34
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The Caps better turn it around. I saw an article about a players' mentality when they are on a top seed that loses to the bottom seed and it basically starts out like this.

They go in thinking everything's fine, then start questioning themselves when the first game is harder than expected. Then when they lose the first game, their psyche gets damaged and they start questioning themselves even more. They allow the #8 seed to get in their heads and start panicking and then it all goes downhill from there. If the Caps don't get their shit straight we won't be in this very long.

And yes it was a completly unacceptable effort on our behalf last night. Ovi wasn't himself, their D was swarming, we couldn't keep the puck in their zone because passing was atrocious and they kept getting blocked/picked off, and if it wasn't for Teddy that game would've been even worse.
Who is Teddy?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #35
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Who is Teddy?
Theodore
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #36
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Theodore
Ahhh. Never heard him referred to as Teddy before.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #37
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

We need help

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #38
wolfeskins
The Starter

wow, what a comeback by the caps. they were down 4-1 and came back to win 6-5 in ot.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #39
GusFrerotte

Good win by the Caps. Coming back like that reminds me of the Wings during the title run years, although they never were down 4-1 in those great comebacks. I hope the Caps win the damn thing as the Wings are fading.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #40
GMScud
Swearinger

Totally unreal game. The goaltending and defense need to be much better if we think we're going anywhere in these playoffs.

Bood's has a big decision to make on the netminder for game 3. Theo or Varly? What do you guys think? I'm stumped. I'm not really confident in either right now, although overall Theo has been playing more lately, and aside from today has been really good the past 25 or so games.

Man oh man, that would have been a SICK game to see live. That place was going ape shit.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #41
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Unreal is what I thought of it too. I am not a hardcore fan and I really cant stomach watching another DC team fail, so I changed the channel after the 2nd period. Hit up ESPN to see the score and I was shocked.

Split at home 1-1, but I am really worried. This isnt simply a tough matchup, caps need to figure stuff out fast. Tough road leg ahead.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #42
GMScud
Swearinger

Is anyone else just finished with Mike effing Green? Sure, he's a great scorer for a defenseman, but that dude stinks up the joint in the playoffs, and his defense is awful. Just awful.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #43
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Totally unreal game. The goaltending and defense need to be much better if we think we're going anywhere in these playoffs.

Bood's has a big decision to make on the netminder for game 3. Theo or Varly? What do you guys think? I'm stumped. I'm not really confident in either right now, although overall Theo has been playing more lately, and aside from today has been really good the past 25 or so games.

Man oh man, that would have been a SICK game to see live. That place was going ape shit.
i'm really torn right now, while theo had a great run during the season he really hasn't looked that great recently and after two goals on two shots i think it was a good pull, but varly just doesn't have the experience.

i just hope we can step up or f-ing o and score some goals out of the gate and get a early lead, i'm sick of this playing catch up crap. we seriously look like the 8th seed and those shifty little canucks are skating around us like the number 1 seed

and seriously green better get his shit together he has no points and hasn't done anything besides sit in the box, carlson looks great though, that kid is flying around lookin to show he belongs, had a great goal last night

we have to win the first game in montreal, we really need to win both and send a message and get this team back on track cause they way they are playing they might not even make it past the first round

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Yeah I'm sure Boudreau has a really tough decision to make right now. I was at Hard Times watchin the game last night and we just looked bad when we got down 4-1. Everytime we get into a big deficit we can't just sit there and think, "Alright guys lets turn on the offense and go win this" because it doesn't work like that. We got lucky, like really lucky. It's nice that we have such an offensively powerful team but in the playoffs you really have to be tight defensively and have good goaltending and we don't have either.

I think it's pretty much safe to assume this is the last we'll see of Theo unless Varly stinks up the joint again like in game 7 of the playoffs against the Pens last year. But really neither of our goaltenders is that great. I don't know what it is about the playoffs that makes Theo just not play that good but it's not enough to play great in the regular season anymore, you gotta be good in the playoffs too. And I'm not sure if Varly can be that shutdown goalie that we desperately need right now with all of our defensive breakdowns.

And it's just disappointing for me to watch Mike Green try to play defense. I'm sorry but for everything he gives us offensively defensively it's not worth it. If we get eliminated I'll go on the record to say that I don't think he'll be here next season. It's nice having so many players with offensive capability but right now I think we have enough offensive scorers and having a defender who is one right now is an extra luxury, but he stops being a luxury when he can't do the job he's actually supposed to do which is play defense.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #45
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Imagine how great our defense would be in the playoffs if Green got his confidence back and Alzner developed. I would also say when Carlson develops but my goodness the guy is already there.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote