Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

**Please read** Thread hijacking

Playbook

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:07 AM   #31
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: **Please read** Thread hijacking

For the most part I've started skipping threads because of hijacking. From time to time I find it funny, but it is starting to work its way into every thread.

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #32
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You probably mean the parking lot?

But you have a point CPayne, after all, the codes of conduct are all laid out in Matty's forum guidelines.
Yes, my mistake. Sorry for the confusion.

TAF -
OP = original poster
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

People are really overreacting here and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough with my initial post.

Nobody is in trouble and nobody is being singled out. I'm not trying to piss on anyone's fun parade, that's not what I'm about and if you really think that you haven't been around here long enough to know better.

All I'm saying is let's keep things on topic. If a thread is 20 pages long and strays off-topic I can understand that. But I've seen too many threads lately that are barely a page long before they get hijacked. This was just meant as a simple reminder to keep threads on topic and to post in the appropriate forums.

Thank you and good day.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #34
hesscl34

Quote:
Yeah but I do see the harm in having fun with it. Sometimes those threads do reach 10 pages of the same stuff saying Lavar is overrated. And then sometimes, at the end of the thread, someone will come along and say something meaningful. And I like to check on those threads to see if a discussion of some value got started. Sometimes that guy is me, because I don't get to keep up with the threads in real time. So I'll see a thread that seems dead, and I'll post something that hasn't been said before.

But if that thread has 10 pages of hijacked nonsense, it makes it so much harder for me to add my two cents. Then I have to go create a new thread to convey my point. And then we've got two threads on the same topic.

It creates a mess.

I totally want you to be free and have your fun talking about whatever you want. Matty and the mods have gone to great lengths creating and maintaining this site, providing places for us to talk about anything we want - whether it's Madden, TV shows, DC sport teams, etcetera. You have a home for all your funny jokes and one-line exchanges with people - the parking lot. Keeping things cleaner and keeping the locker room focused on Redskins discussion is in the best interests of growing the site and keeping it the quality place it has already grown into.
Good Grief....
Old 10-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #35
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I totally agree with this, Matty. No offense to anyone, but the locker room part of the board should be for football. If a thread gets stale, let it die! If you want to banter about hot dogs, burritos, etc--which I am ALL for!--do it in the parking lot area of the board.

I often check all the new posts when I come on line, and having to wade through all the nonfootball stuff on what start out as football threads is annoying. It gums up the site. And it keeps alive threads that should die, filling the board with useless stuff. There are PLENTY of opportunites to joke and have fun on this site. Just keep it out of the football stuff, unless the jokes relate directly to what's in the thread.

(This is kinda like the "no celebrations" rule, isn't it? )
Old 10-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #36
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
This is BS.
OK you seem to think I have it out for you, for some reason I can't possibly fathom. I don't know why you think I'm aiming any of this discussion at you, I've been on this site for 18 months and I've barely seen you around here until the last month or so, and to my knowledge I've never had a discussion with you on here. So I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that I care about your gender, or anything. I didn't even know you were a woman until you told me today. Nor do I care if you're man, woman, or child.

Anyway, I'm prepared to let it drop, because at this point I think I'd rather be in an intense debate with Huddle.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #37
hesscl34

GOOD, glad to hear it has NOTHING to do with me. I'll remember that the next time someone gives me shi+ about replying to a funny comment because they don't want to or care to read it......
Old 10-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #38
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
And that's how we should all take this as. I think many a panty are getting in a wad over a friendly reminder. Let's just remember this (as we do the Alamo) and be done with it. OK? OK.
Get we hijack this thread and get back to football then?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #39
FRPLG
MVP

Simma down now ya'll. This is getting crazy.

Just everyone tighten up on the hijacking a little. Those taking it personally, don't. Those not taking it personally, Matty's talking about you. Just kidding. Can't we all just agree to stay a little more on topic in the locker room?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #40
That Guy
Living Legend

hess, i think you're taking this a bit too personally. there's lots of hijacking, plenty of which has been going on since long before you starting posting regularly (search for scat, thanks TMC! ), but you're acting like everyone's ganging up on you specificly, which they're not. And i believe you being a woman isn't nearly as important to most people here as compared to what you post, even though you keep referencing it as the cause of all problems for some reason.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #41
hesscl34

Quote:
OK you seem to think I have it out for you, for some reason I can't possibly fathom. I don't know why you think I'm aiming any of this discussion at you, I've been on this site for 18 months and I've barely seen you around here until the last month or so, and to my knowledge I've never had a discussion with you on here. So I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that I care about your gender, or anything. I didn't even know you were a woman until you told me today. Nor do I care if you're man, woman, or child.

Anyway, I'm prepared to let it drop, because at this point I think I'd rather be in an intense debate with Huddle.
I just think this is a whole lot of overreacting because of a few simple jokes. Consider it dropped....
Old 10-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #42
MTK
\m/

Are we 0-4 or something? Why are some people wound so tight??

There's really nothing left to discuss here.

Please keep threads on topic.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #43
FRPLG
MVP

I don't think this is hijacking but can I make a suggestion that from now on all bannings be referred to as being "SBF'd"?
Old 10-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #44
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

So whats everyones favorite shampoo?
Old 10-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #45
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I don't think this is hijacking but can I make a suggestion that from now on all bannings be referred to as being "SBF'd"?
LOL! Its just like getting Pillmanized in wrestling.
Closed Thread