Advertisements
Old 07-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #32
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: how to balance the budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i like the idea of telling the truth. regardless of party
Agreed. However truth and politics is about as likely as utopia.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #33
dmek25
MVP

Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #34
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

They need to learn how to cut spending and tax properly. It's the state's fault that they can't pass a damn budget and this is Ahhhhnold's way of telling them to get it the eff done.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #35
drew54
The Starter

Here is an idea.

The Reds and Blues go to their separate corner and devise a plan. Then the two sides meet in the middle on both plans. Working together, setting aside party lines, and just FIX IT.
YouTube - FIX IT
Old 07-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #36
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I'm laughing because what he is trying to do has already been tried in South Carolina. It does not work. It never has worked. It is only a theory. I laugh because Republicans are always spouting theories like they are proven facts. You wanna know how your no tax free market theory actually looks when implemented? Wanna know how a weak and small government society looks? Look at South Carolina, last in education, Over 12 percent unemployment, this was before the bush Depression. New Jersey is gonna kick Republican tails after this aftermath. Kinda like when the terminator terminated Cali. HAHahahahahaha!
Have you ever heard of this country called the United States of America. It was built upon limited government and created the most free and prosperous country in the history of mankind. You should try reading and studying some history sometime. The founding fathers were some pretty smart guys.

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #37
dmek25
MVP

you realize how far away we are right now from their original plan?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #38
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
you realize how far away we are right now from their original plan?
I think that was his point.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #39
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I'm laughing because what he is trying to do has already been tried in South Carolina. It does not work. It never has worked. It is only a theory. I laugh because Republicans are always spouting theories like they are proven facts. You wanna know how your no tax free market theory actually looks when implemented? Wanna know how a weak and small government society looks? Look at South Carolina, last in education, Over 12 percent unemployment, this was before the bush Depression. New Jersey is gonna kick Republican tails after this aftermath. Kinda like when the terminator terminated Cali. HAHahahahahaha!
As usual, you're off in Bizarro world with your facts and you like to claim Rs spout theories as proven facts. That's better than spouting completely incorrect facts as fact any day of the week.

In education South Carolina ranks slightly below the national avg. 26th on this site:

Smartest State Factors

at the National Center for Education Stats it varies based on subject,
looking at 8th grade math SC is around 30th, in Grade 8 reading 43rd overall. What was interesting in both polls, for the state you continue to slam as racist, is the scores for minority students were in comparatively higher percentiles nationally than white students.

State Profiles.net

Unemployment is SC in May of 2007 was 5.5%. Unemployment in SC is currently at 11%, with a high of 12.5% in Jan. 2010, at the height of the Obama Recession. Keep in mind the People's Republic of California's unemployment is at 12.4%. If I remember correctly auto manufacturing is a large employment segment in SC, that may explain the elevated rate more than Republican control of the state-house.

As for balancing the budget, I would advocate implementing the FairTax and temporarily elevate the rate with the elevated % of it exclusively for debt reduction and not put into the general fund. Once the entitlement programs/debt interest are reformed and under control the rate would reduce to a "normal" rate. Spending, start off with a 5% across the board cut to all agencies.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote