For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
We need to raise the Soicial Security age by 5 years. Let the flower children pay for all this debt they have caused this country to have. The Tea Party are the flower children. You can look at them and tell. They still think it's the 60's. LOL!!!!
Screw em! They're gonna die anyway!

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #32
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trample the elderly View Post
screw em! They're gonna die anyway!
lol!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #33
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Interesting. It's easy to point at the deficit but it ain't easy to leave countries we have invaded. We are gonna spend a trillion on the wars this year. That's is the first step to stop the defeicit. Bush never counted the wars that's why they can point and say Obama ran up the deficit. The deficit is higher simply because Obama counts the wars toward the deficit and Bush didn't.

We don't have the political will to cut spending.

1. Being the troops home, and that cuts most of the deficit right there. Almost all of it.
2. Foreign aid. Yeah cut it all. Cut that before start trying to cut Americans.

Then we can talk about the rest. 65%of Israeili men do not work and having babies 4 and 5 kids. Bump that. How you gonna occupy a country and can't even feed your own kids? That's dumb, you setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Deficit solved. "The war is making you poor!!!!"
Bush did include some war spending in his budget but its has always been counted against the deficit. Pretty much the same thing that Obama is doing. In the end the deficit is the deficit no matter what the budget was.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #34
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
We need to raise the Soicial Security age by 5 years. Let the flower children pay for all this debt they have caused this country to have. The Tea Party are the flower children. You can look at them and tell. They still think it's the 60's. LOL!!!!
The only reason we need to raise the age on SS is because the government took our money and spent it on something other then what it was collect for in the first place. You liberals bitch and complain every time some company rips off people and spends their money on other stuff but you have no problem with the government doing this with your money month after month. If I did with customers money what they do with SS money I would be in jail. The government does with tax payers money what Madoff did with investors money with the only difference that the government can pay back my money they spent by taxing some other poor ass to pay for my retirement. Madoff did not have that unlimited fund but if he did he would still be ripping off people today. The government can have their SS and shove it up their a$$. And that my friend is how I feel about that.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #35
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
He says that because he knows he is part of the problem the one like the people in the Tea Party want to see gone. He wishes the Tea Party would go away and when they run someone against has ass he can sit at home and talk about how they are fading away some more. The left is just as scared of this growing movement. Hell I might donate some money to them because we need other choices then what we have in DC today. What is Congresses approval rating 18% or something like that so I know I'm not the only one who feels we need change.
Congress' approval rating is at 18% only because Republicans keep filibustering everything! If Democrats were to get a majority in the Senate then you would see the filibustering stop and their ratings go up.
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

hmm, i seem to remember the democrats filibustering a lot as well, (and republicans crying about it) bottom line that is a tool of the minority, and both parties know how to use it (to the detriment of the country, imo)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #37
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Congress' approval rating is at 18% only because Republicans keep filibustering everything! If Democrats were to get a majority in the Senate then you would see the filibustering stop and their ratings go up.
Yea right. Maybe its because they all suck and they all need to go.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #38
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:

Last time I checked the Dems had a majority in the Senate. They had a supermajority (minority doesn't have enough votes to keep a filibuster going) until the special election was held to fill the seat vacated by Sen. Kennedy's passing was won...in liberal Mass....by a Republican. If that's not an indictment of the Democratic controlled Congress I don't know what is.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #39
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
hmm, i seem to remember the democrats filibustering a lot as well, (and republicans crying about it) bottom line that is a tool of the minority, and both parties know how to use it (to the detriment of the country, imo)
Dude, Dems never ever filbustered every single bill that came across the Senate Floor for one whole term of Congress. Not ever! So, Trying to compare Republican Filibustering to Democrat Filibustering is like trying to compare George Bush's English to an English Teacher's English.......................It just doesn't make any sense.
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Dude, Dems never ever filbustered every single bill that came across the Senate Floor for one whole term of Congress. Not ever! So, Trying to compare Republican Filibustering to Democrat Filibustering is like trying to compare George Bush's English to an English Teacher's English.......................It just doesn't make any sense.
I'm not going to give history lessons, I am sure others are better, but I promise if you look back, at the period when every judicial nominee was held up due to democratic filibusters, you would find that the democrats have used that tool with a heavy hand when they felt they had too.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #41
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
a filibuster is not necessarily a bad thing, it prevents a simple majority from running wild over the minority. A pure democracy (simple majority rule) is not a good thing.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #42
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
a filibuster is not necessarily a bad thing, it prevents a simple majority from running wild over the minority. A pure democracy (simple majority rule) is not a good thing.
I agree, and when a party has no other recourse, yes it is going to use the filibuster as it's tool. It's there for a reason and I understand it. When I said to the detriment, I just have a vivid memory of judicial seats going unfilled due to the Democratic minority filibustering to prevent certain appointments. I guess the bigger point that you make is it is a tool of last resort that prevents a minority from being overrun without due process, and that is a good thing to keep the system in balance.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #43
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post

Last time I checked the Dems had a majority in the Senate. They had a supermajority (minority doesn't have enough votes to keep a filibuster going) until the special election was held to fill the seat vacated by Sen. Kennedy's passing was won...in liberal Mass....by a Republican. If that's not an indictment of the Democratic controlled Congress I don't know what is.

The Democrats never have had a majority in the Senate! Sixty Seats is a majority in the Senate! 60! And thats just breaking even! The most they have had in this term is 58. You can look it up if you don't believe me. Your Republican pals filibuster everything that comes along. Every single bill!!! Thats why I said that we need to get some more Democrats in the Senate. So the Republican Filibuster can be broken. Then and only then things will start getting done. The American People will be happy to see things get done and their ratings will go up. On the other hand, If it stays the way it is now......................................with Republicans still holding power. Our country could very well stay in the freakin dirt!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

The Democrats never have had a majority in the Senate! Sixty Seats is a majority in the Senate! 60! And thats just breaking even! The most they have had in this term is 58. You can look it up if you don't believe me. Your Republican pals filibuster everything that comes along. Every single bill!!! Thats why I said that we need to get some more Democrats in the Senate. So the Republican Filibuster can be broken. Then and only then things will start getting done. The American People will be happy to see things get done and their ratings will go up. On the other hand, If it stays the way it is now......................................with Republicans still holding power. Our country could very well stay in the freakin dirt!
Democrats struggle to hold critical 60-seat Senate majority - CNN.com
Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #45
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

Given that there are 100 senators, 51 is the number for a majority. 60 is the number for a powerful super-majority.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote