Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Super Happy Unfun Thread!

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #31
saden1
MVP

Re: Super Happy Unfun Thread!

Man, don't go out there and make a fool of yourself Charlie. Float it.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #32
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
He got lit-up in his interview with Lawrence O’Donnell. It goes to show you these guys are all an act.
Not really. If he truly did not know illegals were working on his property then whats the big deal. What I find more appaulling is congress having their health ins. plan but they don't want what they are offering up and say we need. How about the Dems who talk about how we need to support public schools but send their kids to private schools because the can afford to while taking vouchers away from the poor.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #33
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not really. If he truly did not know illegals were working on his property then whats the big deal. What I find more appaulling is congress having their health ins. plan but they don't want what they are offering up and say we need. How about the Dems who talk about how we need to support public schools but send their kids to private schools because the can afford to while taking vouchers away from the poor.

You really are full the crap Fox News and Talk Radio feeds you. We are coming for your husbands and wives next.

-Jenkins
Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #34
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
You really are full the crap Fox News and Talk Radio feeds you. We are coming for your husbands and wives next.
I don't watch fox news or listen to talk radio. I get my news from T shirts. So what part of that is full of crap.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #35
firstdown
Living Legend

Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #36
saden1
MVP

Quote:
I don't watch fox news or listen to talk radio. I get my news from T shirts. So what part of that is full of crap.

That's the spirit. I knew you could do it.

-Jenkins
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #37
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Dey rapin' errbody 'round here!

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
So you think congress has the same health plan we have or others that work for the government? I'm sure you know his kids went to private school in Chicago and now in DC while he repeals the vouchers for the poor children in the DC area? Don't need FOX for that.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #39
saden1
MVP

Quote:
So you think congress has the same health plan we have or others that work for the government? I'm sure you know his kids went to private school in Chicago and now in DC while he repeals the vouchers for the poor children in the DC area? Don't need FOX for that.
As of now Federal employees go through an insurance company just like you. With the new bill they will have the option to participate in the Health insurance Exchange just like you. If you want to force them to use the Health insurance Exchange you should also be forced to use the Health insurance Exchange as well.

His kids go to private school because he is wealthy. If you have kids you are getting tax break for each kid from the feds. If you're middle class and have two kids you hardly pay any taxes in this country and on top of that you want the feds to give you a voucher to send them to a private school? Maybe instead of sending you a voucher we should invest in and improve our public schools? What Obama wants to do is even better than school vouchers. He should have our full support. There has been no president better for education since Lyndon Johnson.

-Jenkins
Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #40
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
As of now Federal employees go through an insurance company just like you. With the new bill they will have the option to participate in the Health insurance Exchange just like you. If you want to force them to use the Health insurance Exchange you should also be forced to use the Health insurance Exchange as well.

His kids go to private school because he is wealthy. If you have kids you are getting tax break for each kid from the feds. If you're middle class and have two kids you hardly pay any taxes in this country and on top of that you want the feds to give you a voucher to send them to a private school? Maybe instead of sending you a voucher we should invest in and improve our public schools? What Obama wants to do is even better than school vouchers. He should have our full support. There has been no president better for education since Lyndon Johnson.
Sorry but I said congress and no they don't go through the same path as we do to get their ins. nor will they at anytime. You act like the tax credit for kids is a ton when it works out to be less then $1500. That school example is just great if we are willing to spend $20,000 to $22,000 per student. I sent my daughter to private school for less then that.

There has been no president better for education since Lyndon Johnson.

I'm guessing this is your opinion. See spending does not equal better.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #41
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Sorry but I said congress and no they don't go through the same path as we do to get their ins. nor will they at anytime. You act like the tax credit for kids is a ton when it works out to be less then $1500. That school example is just great if we are willing to spend $20,000 to $22,000 per student. I sent my daughter to private school for less then that.
As usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

They were giving those DC kids $7.5K per student for vouchers. These charter schools Obama wants to support cost about $16K per student in NYC while regular public schools in NYC cost about $14,452. Bottom line is he wants to spend more of your money on kids to get them better quality education than the ones that can be had with a voucher.

Quote:
There has been no president better for education since Lyndon Johnson.

I'm guessing this is your opinion. See spending does not equal better.
It's not an opinion, it is a fact. I warn you though, they are not Republican facts as they are grounded in reality.

-Jenkins
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
As usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

They were giving those DC kids $7.5K per student for vouchers. These charter schools Obama wants to support cost about $16K per student in NYC while regular public schools in NYC cost about $14,452. Bottom line is he wants to spend more of your money on kids to get them better quality education than the ones that can be had with a voucher.

It's not an opinion, it is a fact. I warn you though, they are not Republican facts as they are grounded in reality.
The only thing you have shown me is that he is spending more money but we keep throwing more money at the same system with no better results. That 7.5k voucher should be a deal for us and a deal for the parents who want a choice. From your own numbers it will save us 8k a year but those teacher unions will mot be happy with Obama. I guess the only reason your saying Obama is better for schools is because you think more $ gives better results. Thats what this guy is tryinh to do.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #43
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Maybe instead of sending you a voucher we should invest in and improve our public schools? What Obama wants to do is even better than school vouchers. He should have our full support. There has been no president better for education since Lyndon Johnson.
The U.S. average spending per student in public schools is enough to send them to most private high schools. In private high schools there are far higher percentages of kids qualifying for four year schools upon graduation. In elementary and middle schools the academic performance of the kids is generally a year or so more advanced than in public school. The public schools are failing our kids miserably. The only people that benefit from more money being pumped into the public school systems are the teachers' unions and administrators, not kids. And we have a good public school system in Virginia Beach.

As far as your Obama example, it would be more cost effective to fully fund tuition for these kids in private schools than what's going on. As usual, government is inefficient and wasteful.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #44
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
The U.S. average spending per student in public schools is enough to send them to most private high schools. In private high schools there are far higher percentages of kids qualifying for four year schools upon graduation. In elementary and middle schools the academic performance of the kids is generally a year or so more advanced than in public school. The public schools are failing our kids miserably. The only people that benefit from more money being pumped into the public school systems are the teachers' unions and administrators, not kids. And we have a good public school system in Virginia Beach.

As far as your Obama example, it would be more cost effective to fully fund tuition for these kids in private schools than what's going on. As usual, government is inefficient and wasteful.
You think we have enough private schools for all the parents to send their kids to? The biggest problem with the Harlem and D.C. school is that every parent wants to send their kids to one of these schools but there are limited slots.

-Jenkins
Old 10-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #45
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Funny how all your "facts" come from sites with a liberal bias.

The American Spectator : PolitiFact's Fixers

Help PolitiFact Get The Facts Right
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote