Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL Week 7

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
calia
Playmaker

Re: Around the NFL Week 7

Schaub not starting for the Texans. Casey Kasem is instead. Who knew a guy that age could still play? And he was the voice of Shaggy in Scooby-Doo. Man, the guy has range.

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Case Keenum to start for Texans on Sunday | ProFootballTalk

Keenum gets the start, interesting choice. Ill be interested to see how he plays.

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Maybe obvious about our Skins but I'm surprised at the remarks about the Rams. That team will add a ridiculous amount of talent over the next couple few years and is set to rebound the way Detroit did IMO, total turnaround in about three years.
Didn't the Lions have a top 5 pick in the draft last year? Is that what we are constituting as a rebound? SMH
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

eagles to start Foles sunday
Old 10-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe obvious about our Skins but I'm surprised at the remarks about the Rams. That team will add a ridiculous amount of talent over the next couple few years and is set to rebound the way Detroit did IMO, total turnaround in about three years.
Much like Detroit which cant get past the Bears and Pack in that division, I dont see the Rams getting past SF and Seattle.

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #36
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Do you have a close friend from St. Louis that's a die hard Rams fan, and is shocked by how RG3 was handled last season? Because that would be the only opinion of the Rams that should matter.
You's a real dick sometimes. I have tons of fam/friends Denver fans, but I think the one you're poking at is my (elderly) uncle David who:

a) as an absurdly successful CFO for several oil companies has hobnobbed with Bronco execs

b) says that he's personally overheard Elway and others talk negatively about Shanny for a long, long time

c) and has heart disease, I heard he's not doing well and will see him in two weeks in Denver.

I'll be sure to pass along that everything he's heard/thought is wrong because some guy on a blog says Mike is a great guy...
Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #37
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Much like Detroit which cant get past the Bears and Pack in that division, I dont see the Rams getting past SF and Seattle.
Detroit 1st in the division right now, but probably can't win the division against Green Bay and are looking for a wild card. Chicago is...eh.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You's a real dick sometimes. I have tons of fam/friends Denver fans, but I think the one you're poking at is my (elderly) uncle David who:

a) as an absurdly successful CFO for several oil companies has hobnobbed with Bronco execs

b) says that he's personally overheard Elway and others talk negatively about Shanny for a long, long time

c) and has heart disease, I heard he's not doing well and will see him in two weeks in Denver.

I'll be sure to pass along that everything he's heard/thought is wrong because some guy on a blog says Mike is a great guy...
I have been wondering where the oil comments ahve been coming from. Now I know
Old 10-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Detroit 1st in the division right now, but probably can't win the division against Green Bay and are looking for a wild card. Chicago is...eh.
I didnt realize Detroit was in first, surprising. My guess is they wont be there at the end of the year

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

y the saints logo goat?
Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

the only team in the NFL that has scored 20 points in every game this yr besides Denver........ Buffalo.. Go figure
Old 10-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #42
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
y the saints logo goat?
Always been my fav 2nd team. And, I wish we would sort of model our offense after there's, with the added awesomeness of a mobile QB.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

gotcha
Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Always been my fav 2nd team. And, I wish we would sort of model our offense after there's, with the added awesomeness of a mobile QB.
strange with all your connections with the Mile High City you go with the Saints?

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

Myself, Matty, and the rest of the mods are the best friends you have here. Remember that. Support for you is few and far between to stay a member of this board.

Can't you take a joke? You're always talking your Denver background, or your diehard Bears fan/friend from Chicago. Or the Saints one from New Orleans

a) Well la di ****ing da

b) Tell him to read this Mangini's Mess | Features | Cleveland Scene

Quote:
They were being told in the peaceful valley of Shanahan: the heaven to Mangini's hell. Mike Shanahan knew how to run a team. That meant he knew how to treat the men on it. Being a head football coach is not about being a strategic genius.

Every coach in the NFL knows football strategy. It's about leading a group of grown men toward a tangible goal and treating them with the respect their sacrifice deserves. That's how you get them to play well. Many players, upon arriving in Denver, were flabbergasted by how well Shanahan treated them.

—You don't know how good we got it here, man.

I always heard it, but I never understood it. Coach Shanahan was all I really knew. He was the model of an NFL coach in my mind.
c) Sorry to hear that but that's pretty low of you to exploit that to make it seem like I'm some heartless person

Ask him if he knows any good message boards you can join where people don't threaten to leave the site if you're not banned, or the justification for keeping you from those that say you should stay is "every village needs an idiot"

Like I said, Matty and the mods are the best friends you have here because we believe in allowing different opinions (though I know you don't believe that).

But jeez man, take a ****ing joke

Last edited by SmootSmack; 10-17-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread