The Law - Oddities and Facts

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #31
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Are you saying RR is gay ???
Ummm... no. I was saying that his use of the term "hurtful" struck me as politically correct sheeple speak and, thus, similar to you.

Now ... if being similar to you would also make him gay, then thank you for your brave public confirmation of what we have all suspected.

Advertisements
Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #32
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

I'm surprised it took so long for that to get thrown out there. Sadly, I'm not physically attractive enough to make their very tough requirements. At least on the Left Coast. I'm barely even permitted to drive through WeHo before dark.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #33
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Law - Oddities and Facts

Quote:
paranoid much ?

Paranoid? They have a officer on that video acknowledging you should NEVER talk to *gasp* a officer.

Your inability to grasp reality is mind boggling, and your trust in our government is how people are enslaved. I suggest more critical thinking. KK THANX.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #34
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Are you saying RR is gay ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Paranoid? They have a officer on that video acknowledging you should NEVER talk to *gasp* a officer.

Your inability to grasp reality is mind boggling, and your trust in our government is how people are enslaved. I suggest more critical thinking.
KK THANX.

It is scary. What's more scary is that about half our voting nation is just as naive.

I've always had respect for cops. In fact, I have several active and retired police in my family.

However, in the past couple of years there has been a troubling change in law enforcement and their treatment of civilians. They're getting military-grade equipment from the Federal Government in towns that have no real reason to possess such things for no other apparent reason than suppressing and controlling civilians. They're becoming more aggressive. They're not allowing due process and Constitutional rights. They're not allowing you to record them. I have heard retired cops saying they're concerned and disturbed by what they're seeing the police being used for.

I am very convinced it is related to this speech:

Blog: Remember Obama's Civilian National Security Force?

DHS adds another 200,000 rounds to its 2 billion round stockpile - National Government | Examiner.com

Latest Homeland Security Armored Vehicle

Obama’s Civilian National Security Force? DHS retrofits 2,700 military-like vehicles for service on US streets » The Right Scoop -

You absolutely should not divulge anything to a police officer that he's not asking for and even then, if you have not done anything, know your rights and don't assume they don't have something (or think something) that would incriminate you. Don't submit to a search without a warrant.

On my local news site just today:

Single mother arrested, thrown in jail for the night, after cop falsely accused her of felony during traffic stop

Last edited by Monkeydad; 02-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #35
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

Your inability to grasp reality is mind boggling, and your trust in our government is how people are enslaved. I suggest more critical thinking. KK THANX.

Those bastards!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #36
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #37
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #38
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #39
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Did you even watch (and understand) the video? The advice isn't just for lawyers, nor even intended to be adversarial to cops.

Last edited by HailGreen28; 02-21-2014 at 07:09 AM.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

How Lending A Friend Your Car, Then Going to Bed Can Land You a Life Prison Sentence | Alternet

The author's best point is that the parents who were selling the drugs out of their house should be held responsible at some point also.

And again, likely none of this happens if marijuana was not illegal.

Bottomline for me, the US system is outta whack, but I don't see much of a chance to get it back on track.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #41
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Prisons are becoming 'for profit', how is that good? It's all part of the problem.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #42
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Prisons are becoming 'for profit', how is that good? It's all part of the problem.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #43
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
How Lending A Friend Your Car, Then Going to Bed Can Land You a Life Prison Sentence | Alternet

The author's best point is that the parents who were selling the drugs out of their house should be held responsible at some point also.

And again, likely none of this happens if marijuana was not illegal.

Bottomline for me, the US system is outta whack, but I don't see much of a chance to get it back on track.
the felony murder rule is there for a good purpose - to deter people from committing violent felonies and holding them accountable for any consequence that results.

if a couple guys decide to rob a store and the clerk dies of a heart attack - you should be charged with felony murder.

if a couple of guys decide to rob a store and the clerk calls his wife afterwards and she dies of a heart attack - you should be charged with felony murder.

the only sticking point and critical decision that had to be made (from reading that brief and one sided article) is whether he knew they intended to rob the girl or should have known (they used his car to rob in the past, he should have known that they would use his car to rob again).

if the guy didnt know, then the DA for that county failed miserably in applying his or her discretion
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #44
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Most people coming in reading the replies of Giantone.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #45
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Ahahahahaha!

Not me, I love troll baiting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk