Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #31
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Whats happening right now is insane. I really hope someone is making a documentary or record of it. The amount of guns sold while Obama has been president is..... unpresidented (sorry, I know lame). Things have been even crazier most recently:
  • Month to month sales from October to November increased by 25%, after Obama’s most recent win.
  • In December sales increased by 39%, likely due to Christmas, Obama, Sandy Hook, UN treaty, and Feinstein.
  • In January they dropped from December’s all time high by 10%, yet were still higher than any other point in history (but only because of supply).
  • These numbers are based off of background checks only. So private sales and sales where a person buys multiple guns at a time are not included.
  • Walmart, Dicks and others have even stopped selling certain firearms – yet without some of the biggest retailers participating demand remains incredibly strong
  • Gun prices have sky rocketed (where’s Obama when you need him???)
  • Ammo is non-existent (3 box limit EVERYWHERE)
  • Mags are even harder to get
  • The NRA is MONTHS behind processing membership (when you call them the prerecorded message says “Because of assaults on your Second Amendment rights you may experience significant weight periods”)
Ive bought/sold/traded a lot of guns in the past month or so and its been pretty crazy. Im getting rid of junk for prices I should never be able to get. I would say its primarily mob mentality, people thinking they’ll never be able to buy a particular item again or people thinking they will never be able to make private purchases again. Its becoming a status or hipster/trendy thing too, everyone wants an AR or a Glock like everyone wants the latest Apple product.

But whats extra crazy is that shit like bb guns or firearms that will never be banned are flying off the shelves too. Everyone is just buying buying buying right now. It feels completely like a bubble but the only problem is I dont think gun manufactures have the ability to produce enough guns to satisfy the demand any time soon. Because of this I feel like newly produce firearms are going to be restocked at higher prices, so these currently high prices may be somewhat supported indefinitely.

Previous bubbles in history all seem to be primarily driven by greed; housing, dot com, beanie babies, tulips, etc. This is driven almost entirely by fear. Most people arnt buying because they think the gun will be worth more one day, theyre buying because they think they may never be able to get one again – or get one without monitoring controls. I think consensus greed is irrational, im not so sure about consensus fear.

I just want to make these comments because I find the gun market absolutely fascinating right now. I would love to hear other people’s thoughts.

FBI Reports Record Gun Sales Last Month — Up 1 Million over December 2011

Advertisements
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #32
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
"Violence is a big problem. Too many children are dying. Too many children. We must do something. It will be hard, but the time is now. You must act. Be bold, be courageous, Americans are counting on you. Thank you," Giffords said before being helped out of the hearing room.

Then you'll applaud pretty much anything as nothing of substance, yet again, got said.

...........opinions everyone has one.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #33
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
...........opinions everyone has one.
As substantive as Gabby Johnson's speech in Blazing Saddles.

You've yet to explain, GiantOne, what solution was offered up by these new Anti-gun Saints.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
As substantive as Gabby Johnson's speech in Blazing Saddles.

You've yet to explain, GiantOne, what solution was offered up by these new Anti-gun Saints.
So the solution of the right wing gun nuts is......MORE GUNS!!!What more can be said ?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #35
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
"Violence is a big problem. Too many children are dying. Too many children. We must do something. It will be hard, but the time is now. You must act. Be bold, be courageous, Americans are counting on you. Thank you," Giffords said before being helped out of the hearing room.

Then you'll applaud pretty much anything as nothing of substance, yet again, got said.
Your ignorance of the subject is astounding.......I realise in your little world this isn't much of substance but in the big picture it means alot.Why,becuase she is the victum herself and she (and her husband) a gun owner are putting their money and name out front to find solutions.

Gabrielle Giffords launches anti-gun website - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband on Tuesday unveiled a new anti-gun violence initiative — two years after she was shot in the head at an event with constituents in Tucson, Arizona.
Giffords and her husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, are behind Americans for Responsible Solutions, an effort that “will encourage elected officials to stand up for solutions to prevent gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership by communicating directly with the constituents that elect them,” according to the newly launched website, which is paid for by the Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC.
The website launch is accompanied by an op-ed in USA Today, coming on the two-year anniversary of the shooting attack that killed six and wounded another 12 people on Jan. 8, 2011.
“I was shot in the head while meeting with constituents two years ago today,” Giffords wrote, in a piece co-bylined by Kelly. “Since then, my extensive rehabilitation has brought excitement and gratitude to our family. But time and time again, our joy has been diminished by new, all too familiar images of death on television: the breaking news alert, stunned witnesses blinking away tears over unspeakable carnage, another community in mourning.”
The couple notes that since the Tucson shooting, “America has seen an astounding 11 mass shootings since a madman used a semiautomatic pistol with an extended ammunition clip to shoot me and kill six others. Gun violence kills more than 30,000 Americans annually.”
Their efforts come several weeks after a mass shooting in Newton, Conn., killed 20 children and six adults in a massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Read more: Gabrielle Giffords launches anti-gun website - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com
Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #36
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is what people think about the gun culture in America today.

NRA's solutions show Americans the true face of gun culture - The Globe and Mail
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It's similar to the irrational argument that 'it was written when we only had muskets, so you can have as many muskets as you want' (Jon Stewart, I think). What does the Government come to my home armed with? I want that. That's the point of the 2nd Amendment, to protect us from a despotic Government.
Will a robotic government save us from a despotic government? or is it the idiotic government that keeps us from a chaotic government?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

NRA's solutions show Americans the true face of gun culture - The Globe and Mail
For good or bad, other countries have never understood the United States sense of self-reliance/self-governance. Even Canada, a country where the rugged outdoors would have opened that same spirit up, never really shook off the tethers to the monarchy. A self-reliant spirit, a spirit that says live free or die, a spirit that applauds and brings about changes when students and oppressed people stand up to police in riot gear, doesn't exist in Europe or Asia. The world mostly seeks to mock that type of mentality as often as it can.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So the solution of the right wing gun nuts is......MORE GUNS!!!What more can be said ?
As I said before, I think issues run deeper than guns themselves. I don't think the answer to solving problems is always making rules or legislation.

I present you this situation where a mother backs over her own child with the car. What is her response? Wants legislation demanding cars have better safety features.

Judy Neiman relives moment she killed her own daughter by backing up on her - and calls for compulsory reversing cameras | Mail Online

Really? No accountability by her whatsoever. None. Just make the cars so idiots like myself won't back over my own child. Help me protect my kids from me!!

That's the mentality this country has developed. We're disregarding personal accountability and pushing it off to somebody else.

Then you have people like this.

Arizona woman accidentally shoots brother to death while posing for photos with pistol: cops - NY Daily News

Darwinism at its finest.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #40
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Will a robotic government save us from a despotic government? or is it the idiotic government that keeps us from a chaotic government?
It's the lawyers responsible for all of it.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #41
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

yup,Lawyers and Rodger Goodell.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Hyperbole, selective facts and scare mongering, over and over again and again.

yawn.......
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
Giantone
Gamebreaker

The radical fringe group,that's easy. It's whomever made this..........

Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
well duh... we all know that. Lawyers are like women, can't live with them, can't live without them. Except they are professionals. So they are like woman professionals in the oldest profession. hmmm what does that make them.