Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #31
bigmarley4
Special Teams

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Somebody beat me to it, but I'd smack down the Burgundy on Burgundy unis -- 0 for 2 wearing those.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #32
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Should have run a play right before the half instead of kicking the FG with 15 ticks still on the clock. Go endzone, be aggressive.
Yep, instead of calling TO we should've spiked it. Took at shot at the end zone, then kicked it if we didn't make it. That was a Zorn decision I believe.

And on forcing Suisham to kick it, from Smoot's post, I agree.. horrible playcalling.. I was like NOOOO as soon as I saw the play start and knew what was going on. Either way.. Suish missed wide TWICE today.. and not just on a 50 yarder.. so he gets smacked on BOTH
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #33
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I never understood why teams play so safe when there pretty much eliminated from the playoffs. Show some killer instinct. I wanna see the kids play, bring on Kevin Barnes.
Barnes was actually inactive.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Yeah, I was trying to explain why they would want to try to kick the FG on 3-and-1 with 15 seconds left to my sister, and mid-way through my attempt I just said "Actually, you're right. This makes NO sense."
I hate when i am defending something or other, and suddenly the light goes off and i realize --- wait the action is wrong and i sound silly.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #35
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
during the referee boondoggle, All i was thinking is, come on Zorn draw up the perfect play.

Actually I was thinking that Marko at the back of the endzone would be an excellent site...
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the coaching staff would think of that once in awhile. What was the point of doing it in preseason?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #36
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Yeah field goal with 15 sec. was kinda upsetting. However, P.Manning would have been able to get 4 downs out of it.

Torn between wishing for a win or a loss. Dallas week gotta root for the win.

I'm absolutly not a fan of Rock but good job. Filled in admirably. Good job Swish, you've hit everyone until today and a 50 yrder is hard. Good job Fletcher, and the defense as a whole.

9-7 is the best we can do right now. Could we get to the play offs at 9-7? Yes. Will we? No. We would have to win out. What's the saying "6 in a row or we won't go?" LOL. So if we can agree we are not making it can we start all the young guys to give them experience? maybe bring up the 3rd string QB and bench Collins. Give the young guy 1 quarter just to see if he's worth keeping. bring up the 4th string WR. Play all the young CB's we'll need for them to step up next yr.

I think we could use Thomas as KR from now on since he did well. I guess everyone forgot about Ganther. I suppose he will have to step up. We'll finally get to see what we have in E.Williams unless there was an injury to him that I was unaware of?

and I guess there will be some new additions this week, most likely a RB, and OL.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #37
ethat001
Impact Rookie

For once I just wish we had 3 time outs at the end of the game. We should have been left with about 1 minute left for a drive & score.

I'd rather take a delay of game and 5 yards in the 3rd quarter than LOSE because we can't stop the stupid clock with 1:45 to go.

New coach.
Top 6 draft pick.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #38
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
For once I just wish we had 3 time outs at the end of the game. We should have been left with about 1 minute left for a drive & score.

I'd rather take a delay of game and 5 yards in the 3rd quarter than LOSE because we can't stop the stupid clock with 1:45 to go.

New coach.
Top 6 draft pick.
A drive and score? we scored 6 points all game and you think if we got the ball back with about a minute left we would drive 70 yards for the score????
Old 11-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #39
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

pussy playcalling will always kill ya. the coaching staff let the team down this week
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #40
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I'm still smacking Suisham... maybe its my pre-disposed biasness against him, and I understand the second one is far feild goal...but you're indoors, no wind, or any factors like that... there is no excuse for you to miss a 39 yard feild goal...

More than anything, I'm just sick of watching this guy miss every meaningful kick, ever. I feel like he starts every season off the same, booming kickoffs, doing well on feild goals, then mis year it just becomes a disaster.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #41
SBXVII
Franchise Player

^How would you feel about being the Dallas field goal kicker? He missed a shorter meaningful kick also.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #42
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
^How would you feel about being the Dallas field goal kicker? He missed a shorter meaningful kick also.
I'm not exactly sure what the question is.... but if I'm a Dallas fan and the Cowboys lost the game by less then three, then yeah, I'm really upset with Nick Folk... I dont know enough about Folk to know if he misses those alot or not, but I'd be upset, yes.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #43
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Oh, and those God-awful all burgundy uniforms. Enough of those, please.
Agreed. I dislike it when we wear either all burgundy or all white. We are the B&G - how hard is it to put on burgundy jerseys and gold pants?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #44
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Yep, instead of calling TO we should've spiked it. Took at shot at the end zone, then kicked it if we didn't make it. That was a Zorn decision I believe.

And on forcing Suisham to kick it, from Smoot's post, I agree.. horrible playcalling.. I was like NOOOO as soon as I saw the play start and knew what was going on. Either way.. Suish missed wide TWICE today.. and not just on a 50 yarder.. so he gets smacked on BOTH
Agreed. Given that even three step drops are perilous for Campbell, I can understand the decision to kick with 15 seconds left.

To me the problem was that we burned our third timeout, which should have been saved. If we had used our timeouts properly, we could have taken another shot at the end zone with 15 seconds left without worries.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Agreed. I dislike it when we wear either all burgundy or all white. We are the B&G - how hard is it to put on burgundy jerseys and gold pants?
Didn't the we beat the Cowboys last year at Dallas with the Burgundy on Burgundy combo?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote