Pro Bowl

Re: Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Smack down K. Shanahan
Smack down Beck
Smack down Torain
Smack down Jamaal Brown
Smack down M. Shanahan
Smack down Haslett.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Maybe now some apologies can be given to some of the posters here who last week suggested that the skins win 4 games this year. After watching today's game, 4 wins is very believable.

The worst thing is, after another few losses, people will be calling for Shanahan to be fired, and he probably will be, and we are left in the same situation we have been in a million times before. A team with no QB, no real coach primed to take over, and a roster of players who may have been talented once, but can't play as a team.
here here
Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #33
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think the biggest realization after the game is, its official, we have no QB who is NFL starter material. Regardless of the Oline play and the poor coaching by Kyle, we need talent at that position. They really could draft 2 guys at QB.
Kellen Moore, Nick Foles, or Tannehill from A&M. Landry Jones is up there as well. OOps forgot Keenum from Houston. Tons of talent to choose from. I would also get Dan Persa in the 3rd round. Guy is mobile, and accurate with his passing. Maybe too small to expect to be a starter, but would make a great backup. Very possible he doesn't go til the 4th round, so even better. I would get a G sandwiched between the two QBs.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #34
GusFrerotte

If Persa goes in the 4th get yet another G or T. We have a lot of missed time in rebuilding as the FO has been neglecting the lines under Cerrato.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #35
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Ryan Torain was especially bad today. There's no reason for him to be on this team if we're pulling him off the field in third down so our best runner can block for a quarterback who can't sense pressure. If Helu, Hankerson, Austin, and Paul lead our skill players in reps, you can salvage a bunch of positives out of this season. But that means less Torain, and it means less...

Anthony Armstrong has been very disappointing after I called him a number 1 receiver last year. I don't think he's going to be able to hold off Hankerson the rest of the season anymore, and I think the Moss injury really hurts him. With Austin stepping in for Moss, there's no one between Armstrong and a third round rookie who is getting better every week.

Kyle and Mike Shanahan who, in light of the last two weeks, scripted an end around to Donte Stallworth on the second play of the game. If you think they have any solutions to the offense, just consider that they put that in during the week, and then you are quite aware that this offense is getting worse before it gets better.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 10-30-2011 at 07:45 PM.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #36
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Four wins would be a success. Matt FREAKING Moore looked better on a shitty Dolphins line than Beck did on 3/5 of the Redskins starters. I couldn't remember what I said right after the game, but I posted this on the Facebook page of the Skins:

What makes me the most angry isn't the fact they lost, it's the fact it's the same product year in, year out. It's "___________ team has the __________ in the league!" and basically you can fill in the blanks with something the Redskins give up. I never hear, "Wow, the Redskins 32nd ranked defense really stifled the Patriots tonight." It's, "Wow, the FREAKING BILLS, played their best defensive game in years against the Redskins." So many records, first-times, and comeback-player-of-the-year awards come against them. I'm SO tired of it and so cynical lately that it makes me sad that I watch games and laugh when the obvious happens.

Am I wrong? I look back at my old posts and it makes me sad. How many years of bullshit do we all have to collectively deal with?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You talk about being smart, then say we will most likely get to draft Andrew Luck. I believe a smart person would realize that we have 3 more wins than the two worst teams in the NFL, one of which (the Colts) look almost guaranteed to lose every remaining game this season. How do you see us finishing with more losses than the Colts or Dolphins? Sorry bro but in this season of historical ineptitude across the NFL, we still have a long way to go to be considered in position to grab Luck.
I hear alotta people saying something similiar to this. It is too early to speculate on draft order and what not, but any team who wants a player bad enough, a package can be placed together to go and get that player. The Falcons did it last year and yeah we can debate the move, but thats the guy they wanted. If we are around the same spot as last year, its not outta the question offering our spot, next year's first, and additional picks to move up to grab the guy. Luck is pretty gud, nothing is guarenteed, but he seems to be special.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Ryan Torain was especially bad today. There's no reason for him to be on this team if we're pulling him off the field in third down so our best runner can block for a quarterback who can't sense pressure. If Helu, Hankerson, Austin, and Paul lead our skill players in reps

Anthony Armstrong has been very disappointing after I called him a number 1 receiver last year. I don't think he's going to be able to hold off Hankerson the rest of the season anymore, and I think the Moss injury really hurts him. With Austin stepping in for Moss, there's no one between Armstrong and a third round rookie who is getting better every week.

Kyle and Mike Shanahan who, in light of the last two weeks, scripted an end around to Donte Stallworth on the second play of the game. If you think they have any solutions to the offense, just consider that they put that in during the week, and then you are quite aware that this offense is getting worse before it gets better.
Yeah wtf was that crap at the start of the game with those end arounds? Kyle...pack your bags. I've seen enough!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #39
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Four wins would be a success. Matt FREAKING Moore looked better on a shitty Dolphins line than Beck did on 3/5 of the Redskins starters. I couldn't remember what I said right after the game, but I posted this on the Facebook page of the Skins:

What makes me the most angry isn't the fact they lost, it's the fact it's the same product year in, year out. It's "___________ team has the __________ in the league!" and basically you can fill in the blanks with something the Redskins give up. I never hear, "Wow, the Redskins 32nd ranked defense really stifled the Patriots tonight." It's, "Wow, the FREAKING BILLS, played their best defensive game in years against the Redskins." So many records, first-times, and comeback-player-of-the-year awards come against them. I'm SO tired of it and so cynical lately that it makes me sad that I watch games and laugh when the obvious happens.

Am I wrong? I look back at my old posts and it makes me sad. How many years of bullshit do we all have to collectively deal with?
At least one more after this. But if the Redskins aren't competitive in the NFC East by 2013, there's been another big screw up in the organization that hasn't yet happened at this point.

As long as Shanny is in charge, I think it would be prudent to expect that poor decisions will be the norm.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Kellen Moore, Nick Foles, or Tannehill from A&M. Landry Jones is up there as well. OOps forgot Keenum from Houston. Tons of talent to choose from. I would also get Dan Persa in the 3rd round. Guy is mobile, and accurate with his passing. Maybe too small to expect to be a starter, but would make a great backup. Very possible he doesn't go til the 4th round, so even better. I would get a G sandwiched between the two QBs.
Yeah but who's going to be in charge of picking the QB? Cause right now, I simply don't trust the Shanahan's when it comes to picking a qb.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #41
GusFrerotte

The hiring of Shanny was just another gimmick hiring. I am not so sure if Snyder really cares about winning either. Shanny got us rubes excited in the beginning, and yet now only not quite halfway through year 2 of the Shanny era, we see that the guy just might be a bum. What would be hilarious is if Norv got the boot from San Diego only to be rehired here. It could happen. Cowher turned down the notion of coaching anywhere next season via twitter, so Norv would be the only sexy pick available for Snyder to consider, unless he really got gutsy and hired a truly able OC or DC from somewhere in the league, a young Norv if you will. The thing is Snyder is running out of cards to play post Shanny. Norv would probably be the only veteran coach who would even go for the job here, and even that isn't likely since the way Snyder canned him after 2000. Why, oh why do we keep wanting to drink Snyder's Kool Aid?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #42
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah but who's going to be in charge of picking the QB? Cause right now, I simply don't trust the Shanahan's when it comes to picking a qb.
Skins,

If this crap doesn't get better in say 5 weeks the Shanny's are toast. The crap is getting old and Snyder knows it. He expects to fill the stands, etc with a crappy product in a town with many other distractions offered to the public? If this continues you will have empty seats by December. The fact that we got so hot over a coach who hasn't done anything special since John Elway was still around tells something about how desperate we are for a winner here, and how we can be delusional as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #43
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I'm smaking down the mods, the fans, hell even myself for believing this team was any good. The Shanahans are on the hot seat for real.

And take that damn devil off the page too! Sheesh.
You really want the Shanahan's gone? That's so Snyder-esqe of you. Hasn't that been our problem over the last 15 years...impantience. We've been a crappy organization for a long time...we're rebuilding...at least we're rebuilding.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #44
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
You really want the Shanahan's gone? That's so Snyder-esqe of you. Hasn't that been our problem over the last 15 years...impantience. We've been a crappy organization for a long time...we're rebuilding...at least we're rebuilding.
Yeah, I was opposed to the Shanny hire and sadly I feel that my opinion has been vindicated. But yet another knee-jerk change of regimes probably won't fare any better than what we've got now.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #45
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Call it a gimmick or call it hiring Butthole Harbaugh, but either way, you know it wouldn't work out here. WTF?!