Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

A Look Back at the 2008 RB Class

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #31
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: A Look Back at the 2008 RB Class

I'm surprised everyone here wants him to get a long term deal after seeing portis make 8mill/year for 3 years past the point where he was any good.

long term deals on running backs tend to be risky with huge money. forte deserves more money, but i kinda see where the bears are going.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #32
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I'm surprised everyone here wants him to get a long term deal after seeing portis make 8mill/year for 3 years past the point where he was any good.

long term deals on running backs tend to be risky with huge money. forte deserves more money, but i kinda see where the bears are going.
And for a more contemporary example see Chris Johnson.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Without Forte, the Bears are a horrible offense that needs to begin the rebuilding process ASAP. I think the Titans pretty much overrated Johnson right from the start (the 2008 draft). Forte is one of the best receivers in the league, regardless of position. Any receiving value in Chris Johnson comes from a couple screens he made big gains on in 2009.

So while it's easy now to say that Chris Johnson got badly overpaid based on being two years removed from a big season, I don't see why it necessarily means Forte shouldn't get paid. There's always risk in paying a running back, and oftentimes it doesn't work out in the teams favor, but some guys are more replaceable than others. And Forte is one of the best in the league.