Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cooley put on IR

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Cooley put on IR

Sigh. Hate to see a fan favorite like Cooley go down. And he needed to stay healthy and prove he still belongs this year in the worst way. I hope he comes back strong next season though.

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #32
Ruhskins
Living Legend

We've always needed a youth movement, but we also need veteran players. I don't understand why everyone is so eager to get rid of a veteran like Cooley. Those that make the money argument have a point, and it will be a dialogue between Cooley and the team that I am sure will happen in the future. I do appreciate the fact that younger players are going to get more playing time, but people are talking like Cooley is 42 years old (he's only 29). You can't win with a whole bunch of old players, but you do need some balance when it comes to age.

I hope Cooley is able to come back strong next year. HTTR.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
We've always needed a youth movement, but we also need veteran players. I don't understand why everyone is so eager to get rid of a veteran like Cooley. Those that make the money argument have a point, and it will be a dialogue between Cooley and the team that I am sure will happen in the future. I do appreciate the fact that younger players are going to get more playing time, but people are talking like Cooley is 42 years old (he's only 29). You can't win with a whole bunch of old players, but you do need some balance when it comes to age.

this. Granted, we have FD making a strong case, but still CC is not finished, and we would be foolish to let him go, unless we get a good trade, and I mean a very good trade.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #34
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I would like clarification on just how bad Cooley's injury really is. I remember before this season started, some sites were saying that due to the extent of his prior injury, it left his injured leg shorter than his other leg after the surgery, and this was causing his body alignment(?) or whatever to be out of whack and putting a terrible strain on his joints.

I guess now is just complications from that, but I hope he is able to come back. I had heard before he almost has a bone on bone condition, that will give him a lot of pain even when he is healed...Feel sad for the guy, he has been one of the only bright spots of this team in past years.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #35
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Well.....I know that he can't seem to run a sideline rout to the right fer shit, but he cuts left better than like Daryl Waltrip........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #36
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

I hope this is not the end of Cooley as a Redskin. I still think he has some good years left in the tank. The things in a season you can never truly predict at the beginning- injuries and how they will affect you and how many will pile up.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #37
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

He shouldn't have been playing if his knee was actually worse off than expected. Tough for Chris. Wonder who the third TE will be....

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Moss, CC and TH out for the season now Pretty Much... FML
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #39
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Moss, CC and TH out for the season now Pretty Much... FML
NO EXCUSES!

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #40
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

I think he's supposed to account for a $4 million salary next year which is the main reason. Also, it's obvious his injuries have affected his performance. He looked like a old man out there this year running. Paulsen looked faster than he has all year. No way a back up TE is going to get that type of coin, and I seriously doubt he'll see any type of decent pay on the open market. If he were to take a significant pay cut and take a back seat to Fred, then by all means keep the guy around.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #41
Nomad

Oh well...... Time to move to the Davis era, so long cooley, thanks for the memories, but honestly, you were never a top 3 TE in any year......... But GL
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #42
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I'm glad cooleys on IR. He wasn't going to do anything for us this year anyway, with a knee injury that was recurring and a shattered finger. He just looked slower this year, and like he wasn't that interested in playing when he was out there. Fred Davis has shed weight and gone out there playing like an Antonio Gates type of TE. He's made me forget about Cooley. I think Cooley may return next year, but not for much, even though he's a fan favorite, being that he was drafted in the same year we got ST, and that he was one of the few guys who panned out in our drafts. Add in that his last name was Cooley, and that he was one of the few good white players on our team, and bam we had our fan favorite. Goodbye Chris. I know you'll enjoy doing what you love doing most. Pottery and Christy!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:56 AM   #43
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Love Cooley and want him back next season. But I reserve the right to change my opinion if Paulsen legit plays Cooley out of a job.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #44
dmek25
MVP

put a fork in him...he is finished here
Old 10-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #45
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Oh well...... Time to move to the Davis era, so long cooley, thanks for the memories, but honestly, you were never a top 3 TE in any year......... But GL
Or we could skip Davis and move right on to Paulson who did an admirable job catching passes for 1st downs when others were dropping passes.

Last edited by SBXVII; 10-26-2011 at 06:57 AM.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote