Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

This'll be brief:

Jabar Gaffney He doesn't suck. He's been, for the most part a very strong performer for us. But he made two costly errors (drop, then fumble) at the end of the first half that led to three key points-and more importantly killed any momentum for us-at the end of the first half. Of course, other receivers had poor drops but I'll just go ahead and single out JG

Playing Hankerson at the End Unlike John Beck, Hank really is a rookie. Playing his first NFL game ever, I'm not sure he's the guy they should have had in there and targeting at the end of the game

Josh Wilson WTF dude?! I had you pegged as a Stud this weekend!

Kevin Barnes Man, was I wrong about him. I thought he'd be Carlos Rogers with hands. Instead he's Ginger Rogers with two left feet. I haven't seen worse angles since my protactor broke. And so on...but seriously. He's suppoed to be one of the smartest, and most physical players on our D and he's just stinking up the joint week after week. I don't know why Buchanon didn't really play and why they still won't activate Kareem Moore. But if there's one area where I think we are very weak and just time won't help, it's our secondary. I've never been a "Oh no. We're 3-3. Everything must be blown up. We suck so bad" kind of guy...but changes need to be made pretty much asap to our secondary.

Jim Haslett Where was the zero blitz? Heck we barely blitzed at all. I know most people have a fear of zero blitz largely because of the Dallas play. But personally, I like the aggressiveness. And I understand that Cam is unlike any QB the league has seen in a long time. But it felt to me like we were playing soft against him. We should have attacked him more, give him different looks, etc. Rattle him. He's made plenty of mistakes, along with his great plays, in the beginning of this career. Seemed like we didn't really try to force him to make mistakes

Wasted Opportunities You shouldn't let a team beat you when they commit 15 penalties. You just shouldn't

You Yeah I'm looking at you. Your posts in the gameday thread are getting tired. Just shut up already....no don't worry, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about you (I think we all know who you are)

Me John Beck looked a lot better than I expected. Actually, I think he looked poor in the first half. Made a lot of silly mistakes. But he really stepped it up in the second half. I'm pretty confident he can be effective for us for the rest of the year.

The Deep Pass Where was it? What was AA in the game for, if not to use him to stretch the field

Barry Cofield Was it just me, or did it look like he was just laying on ther ground there with the fumbled ball sitting right next to him? Just stretch our hand out and we get the ball