Leonard Hankerson active vs Panthers

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Leonard Hankerson active vs Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I don't care about twitter or how often he tweets it's that he's telling me that he's playing video games at times of the day I think he could be doing something else to improve his standing on the team. He had never been active for a game before yesterday and there is a perception that the reason is that he doesn't know the offense as well as the other WR's. It also doesn't help that he is the biggest WR they have and his presense is desperately needed in the redzone. So yes...Not gonna lie...the thoguht of him sitting around playing video games bugs me.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree I guess. Seems to me like you think he doesn't have the right to take a break every now and then.

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I don't care about twitter or how often he tweets it's that he's telling me that he's playing video games at times of the day I think he could be doing something else to improve his standing on the team. He had never been active for a game before yesterday and there is a perception that the reason is that he doesn't know the offense as well as the other WR's. It also doesn't help that he is the biggest WR they have and his presense is desperately needed in the redzone. So yes...Not gonna lie...the thoguht of him sitting around playing video games bugs me.
It's ok for folks to take a short break for the mind to rejuvenate itself. It is not ok for playtime to be prioritized over work. We do not know his schedule to make a definitive conclusion on what the case is the actual one.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We're just going to have to agree to disagree I guess. Seems to me like you think he doesn't have the right to take a break every now and then.
I don't get why people get their panties on a bunch over this situation. I saw Hanks' tweets, and to me he could have said worst things. In the end, this isn't about one guy, it's a whole team situation. This guy is still a kid and there are more stupid things he could have done.

Personally, I think he needs to get his act together on the field, he's a physically gifted WR that we could use. But this whole twitter non-drama is a non-issue for me.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #34
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
It's ok for folks to take a short break for the mind to rejuvenate itself. It is not ok for playtime to be prioritized over work. We do not know his schedule to make a definitive conclusion on what the case is the actual one.
Exactly right. Personally I'm not a fan of twitter. I don't see how anything good can ever come from an NFL player tweeting. But it's not like these guys are required to be immersed in their job 24 hours a day. Him shooting out a few tweets in his free time is no different from another player taking some free time to read a book or play with their kids. They're human beings.

With that said, the learning curve at WR from college to pro is one of the steepest of any position. I certainly hope Hank is putting in the extra time needed to be successful as quickly as possible.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #35
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Who would you have rather drafted?
Any position besides WR (or punter).
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Any position besides WR (or punter).
A QB would have been nice. At that point, Mallett was available...maybe Kaepernick?
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #37
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I find it kind of humorous when we blast a player for not dedicating every second of their time to improving themselves professionally when none of us do. Because if we did...there'd be almost no one posting here during the day. I'm the exception since this is sports related
Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
A QB would have been nice. At that point, Mallett was available...maybe Kaepernick?
Unfortunately Mallet was taken a few picks before Hank. Kaep was gone in early 2nd. We had the trade downs.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

We have to find a "playmaker" somewhere along the line, and this guy seemed to have that ability if we could get him on track. Unfortunately, the Skins have not been very good at doing that.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #40
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I find it kind of humorous when we blast a player for not dedicating every second of their time to improving themselves professionally when none of us do. Because if we did...there'd be almost no one posting here during the day. I'm the exception since this is sports related
I think whoever started the "Stephon Heyer Memorial Thread" needs to improve their posting skills. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #41
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't trust a statue like Mallet and Kaepernick seems destined to be a bust.

With hindsight being 20/10 I'd say that the only two options for us for an actual upgrade would have been Newton or Dalton.

With that said we have to pull the trigger on a QB soon. It's not fair to expect a rookie to come in and play playoff level football right off the bat. You draft a guy in 2012 you expect dividends in 2013 or 2014 at the earliest.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #42
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
So does ESPN actually encourage you to be active here or is this a stretch of market research? Either way I consider you a bastard

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
So does ESPN actually encourage you to be active here or is this a stretch of market research? Either way I consider you a bastard
Well as you know we all hate the Redskins and only love the Cowboys and Tim Tebow...so I'm a bit of a Benedict Arnold
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #44
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Well as you know we all hate the Redskins and only love the Cowboys and Tim Tebow...so I'm a bit of a Benedict Arnold

This commercial proves it beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt.

Oh and of course
DALLAS sports, Dallas-Fort Worth sports news - ESPN Dallas

WHEN r WE gEt oWn P4ge? I r OutRAG3.

- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 10-24-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If Orakpo is the guy who's going to be repping the Redskins in TV commercials...I hope there's never an ESPN Redskins commercial