If Peyton were traded....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #31
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: If Peyton were traded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Or they could draft Luck and trade Bradford.... You think Shanahan wouldn't go for that one?
I dont think that happens.....Bradford was in the last class of rookies that got the big money contracts before the rookie wage scale.

Bradford signed a 55 or 60 million dollar deal as a rookie.

You trade for the player, you assume that contract as well. I don't see Shanny doing that at all.

And I know Luck is the hot name coming out. But so was a guy named Ryan Leaf who actually got selected higher than Peyton Manning. We all know how that worked out.

In Bradford you KNOW you have a commodity that has proven he can play at this level. With A. Luck, although talented, it is still pure speculation as to how he might do at the pro level.

To trade a proven starter, for a rookie who has not taken a single snap as a professional is comparable to professional suicide.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Leaf got selected higher than Peyton Manning? In what world was that?
Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #33
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Something's in that Texan water...or this is the result of generations of inbreeding.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #34
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
moot point...all of this. Manning will never play another down in the nfl

Wrong,but he will only play for the Colts.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #35
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I dont think that happens.....Bradford was in the last class of rookies that got the big money contracts before the rookie wage scale.

Bradford signed a 55 or 60 million dollar deal as a rookie.

You trade for the player, you assume that contract as well. I don't see Shanny doing that at all.

And I know Luck is the hot name coming out. But so was a guy named Ryan Leaf who actually got selected higher than Peyton Manning. We all know how that worked out.

In Bradford you KNOW you have a commodity that has proven he can play at this level. With A. Luck, although talented, it is still pure speculation as to how he might do at the pro level.

To trade a proven starter, for a rookie who has not taken a single snap as a professional is comparable to professional suicide.
Let's leave the Leaf part aside and focus on your other statement. Think hard - since when have the Redskins been allergic to big money contracts? We're not talking about the Bengals here. I think if the Skins could acquire Bradford that money would not be an obstacle.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #36
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Something's in that Texan water...or this is the result of generations of inbreeding.
Your in friggin Virginia or West Virginia and make an inbreeding statement? Really? A area of the country where the term "Uncle Daddy" is a regular occurence? LMAO.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #37
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
oops, ok so 1 & 2 but I had them reversed.

But at the time of the draft, they were actually considered 1 and 1A. The Chargers mortgaged a lot of their future to move up just to make sure they got one of the two.

But without nit-picking on that.....still the fact remains that only someone named Vinny would trade a QB that has shown he can perform at this level to take a chance on a rookie who has not taken a snap at the pro level. Its idiocy.

Thats why I believe, guys like Aaron Rogers and Phillip Rivers have been so successful. They were drafted high and had proven veterans in front of them. Gave their teams time to evaluate them before handing them the reigns.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #38
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Thats why I believe, guys like Aaron Rogers and Phillip Rivers have been so successful. They were drafted high and had proven veterans in front of them. Gave their teams time to evaluate them before handing them the reigns.
Rogers ..ok, Rivers successful.....how,Ben and Eli beat him hands down.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I will believe Peyton returns as soon as someone says he is at 100% and his arm strength is back to 100%.

I mean come on guys the man has life-long nerve damage now as a result of the surgeries. He has spasms in his back that require him to get injections and take medication as a result of the nerve damage. The colts were careful when they were describing his limiations following the surgery. They mentioned that at 50%, his arm strength had "plateaued". Meaning it is as good as its gonna be.

Peyton is foolish to attempt a comeback in that kind of shape. Sure he has the football smarts and always will, but he has a fragile neck and at this point a damaged throwing arm. I can't beleive i'd ever think of Peyton Manning & Weak Arm in the same sentence, but it's a sad reality.

More foolish still is the team that thinks Manning in that state is what they are missing for a super-bowl run. I think he will fail the physical this off-season, the colts will offer him a chance at being a coach/coordinator, and if he declines and believes he can still play, then they will attempt to trade him to someone who decides he is worth the risk.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #40
Stuck in TX
Impact Rookie

Manning is pretty much a coach that plays on the field. Any rookie would benefit learning from him and how to run that offense. The only two options at a potential starting QB on this team that is not named John Beck is a drafted rookie, or a second or third year backup that by luck (no pun intended) turns out to be a phenom....or maybe a combination of the two.

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies

Last edited by Stuck in TX; 10-23-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #41
Stuck in TX
Impact Rookie

Quote:
How backwards are things in TX? The greatest pitcher of all time (as far as strikeouts go), Nolan Ryan, CAUGHT the opening pitch of game 4 of the world series and the ball was thrown by George Bush. That would be like Matt Millen going out for a pass from Jerry Rice. Only in Texas.

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #42
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Your in friggin Virginia or West Virginia and make an inbreeding statement? Really? A area of the country where the term "Uncle Daddy" is a regular occurence? LMAO.
I'm a Chinese dude who's brown like a Cantonese while my sis is "white" like the rest of china. I ain't no inbred. I have more than enough visual evidence for the past 22 years. And I live in the suburbs of DC, boy.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I'm a Chinese dude who's brown like a Cantonese while my sis is "white" like the rest of china. I ain't no inbred. I have more than enough visual evidence for the past 22 years. And I live in the suburbs of DC, boy.
No offense SCP, but "I ain't no inbred" makes you sound inbred lol.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #44
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
No offense SCP, but "I ain't no inbred" makes you sound inbred lol.
Rednecks aren't necessarily inbred.
After all, it was a "noble" thing to do, if you know what I mean.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #45
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
you have visual evidence of inbreeding over the past 22 years?