Smoot Lays the Smack Down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Here's my little Smackdown. Grossman. It's one thing if you throw 2 picks, its another if you throw 4 with 3 going to the same guy. I said after the second one to put in Beck. If we had done that we could have definitely of made it a closer game.

The coaches. All week all I heard from websites, tv shows, people on this board was run run run. We passed passed passed. Sure our run game was being stopped. Sure we lost our best guard. Sure we lost our best tackle. But you have to be creative. Try different runs, end arounds, power O, Iso, counters, etc. Not outside zone or inside zone. Also you all (the coaches) should pull your arrogant heads out of your asses and pull grossman when its clearly not his day. He should have been out by the 3rd pick. Not his 3rd pick to the same guy!

Also I got a major problem with Lichtensteigers injury. I watched the replay which it happend, and saw Kory L walking just fine standing up when the pass was thrown downfield. Then it got intercepted and the camera cut to a different shot. Trent Started fighting. My theory is that someone cheap shoted Kory L in the legs when he wasn't looking. If Grossman had thrown an incompletion or non int, maybe we still have Kory L IMO.
I agree here. WTF is up with us having like two running plays??
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #32
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
THe first one wasn't his fault??? It was 3rd down around the 40 or 38 yard line. It was 3rd and real long. A simple short pass or draw play gets a few yards and puts Gano in FG range. Take the attempt at 3. Instead dumb ass Kyle Shanahan calls a deep passs and dumb ass Grossman throws it into double coverage. Gotta know your field position there as well as your talent. Grossman goes to the bench and I hope Kyle gets benched as the playcaller.
sorry to DP but about rex not knowing or properly factoring in field position.

right before the 2 min warning, he got the guys up to the LOS had a few seconds to hike it and run a play. instead he let the clock tick to 2 mins and he seemed to not be aware. always irks me when a qb seems to not know clock, down and distance. its the freaking basics if you want to be a field general.

i honestly dont think ive seen competent qb play since todd collins came in for those last 5 games or so years back ... before that brad johnson. too long weve gone without a clearly competent qb.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #33
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Kyle passes to set up the pass.
Yeah I shouldn't have said that lol. I think Kyle is in that rare offensive coordinator mindset (lets call it the Andy Reid Way to Call Plays) where passing is the be all end all, and running is one of those things you do occasionally so you can claim you've done it.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I think Gtripp has had a lot of crow today. lol

We are 3-2 and in the NFL if you are on the top of the division it's better then being at the bottom. A lot of football to be played yet, and besides the QB play, I haven't enjoyed watching a Redskin defense or offense play since 2005
It's a real weak 3-2. We barely beat two real bad teams and beat a banged up Giants team at home. If we were going to be a playoff team then this was a must win game and it didn't happen cause we're not good enough. Eagles were simply better today.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #35
over the mountain
Playmaker

id like to smack d hall and mcintosh as well . . .
Old 10-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #36
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
sorry to DP but about rex not knowing or properly factoring in field position.

right before the 2 min warning, he got the guys up to the LOS had a few seconds to hike it and run a play. instead he let the clock tick to 2 mins and he seemed to not be aware. always irks me when a qb seems to not know clock, down and distance. its the freaking basics if you want to be a field general.

i honestly dont think ive seen competent qb play since todd collins came in for those last 5 games or so years back ... before that brad johnson. too long weve gone without a clearly competent qb.
Well lets give Beck a chance. He deserves a shot.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #37
That Guy
Living Legend

I know i'm way too late, but yeah, rex was pretty much awful, and john beck has 0 accuracy, so the hole at QB is looking terribly big right now.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:17 AM   #38
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I love how people here spend years bitching about how conservative we are, how we never go for the big touchdowns, how awesome teams like the Patriots don't settle for field goals.

But when we go for a big play at home on our first drive of a 0-0 game, then we want to talk about playing the percentages
Old 10-17-2011, 04:53 AM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Smoot sometimes people just was to bitch lol
Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #40
budw38
Playmaker

If we had better play at the qb posistion , I would love the play calling . However , after losing two linemen , and having a quick /big play offense as the opponent , I would have liked to see more of an attempt to pound the rock on a poor run defense . We also need to work on the run Defense .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

I normally don't like to point the finger at one guy but Rex just killed us yesterday. Each pick was worse than the one before. I think he was pressing and trying to make something happen, I get that, but you can't just keep tossing balls up for grabs. It's Beck's turn, he can't be worse than Rex... can he?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #42
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

A smack down on the bye. It is only supposed to last for one week. Ours lasted for at least two weeks. Few people showed up to play.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
id like to smack d hall and mcintosh as well . . .
Mcintosh was "Bad Rocky" yesterday. He took bad angles and had his feet in cement. Ive seen this numerous times with Rocky, where he will be in position or in his gap and then when the ball shows up he waits to tackle instead of being aggressive, McCoy just runs around him after making a move. WTF

D Hall gave up the play to Maclin which he had position, but got the ball ripped from him which was Carlos-like. But Hall interception was huge right outside the redzone, but then Rex...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #44
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Kyle Shanahan I knew he wasn't going to run just because it was the Eagles, because KS doesn't prepare his game plan based on the opponent's known weaknesses. Never has, never will. And I don't really have a problem with that. I do have a problem with not taking advantage of two solid backs in Torain and Helu. I do have a problem with ignoring one of football's basic tenents "When you're trying to get your new offensive line to gel, run the ball and let them get into their groove" I commend Locklear, Cook, and the rest of that makeshift line for the work they did today. Kyle didn't put them in a good spot. And I do have a problem with him trying to make Rex more than he is. If we were even tied at the half, I'm fully confident we win. But we put on Rex's shoulders, at home where you had to know he was going to get booed mercilessly, and that just isn't the right game plan. Sidenote: You just know that if Rex had that fumble Beck had, it would have gone back for 6. By the way, I thought Beck was fine but I still think he sells the play action horribly
As much as I can't stand Rex as a QB, I have to agree with you on this point. Not only did Kyle not prepare for the Eagles weakness but he made Rex try and do things he just is not capable of doing with much success. Rex needed run support and had it at his disposal and just did not get it. Thats on the coach. Not only would the run have helped Rex but was the recipe to beating the Eagles. Why the heck was the ball not put in the hands of Torain/Helu????

It was also evident that the Skins still had the sting of last years ass whip'n on their minds and played a hesitant type of game. They feared Vick and it showed. I expected so much aggression from the Skins D but it just was not there...

Not that we lost but the way we lost.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Receivers were getting open, sometimes very open, on most of the passing plays. Problem was that by putting our selves in such a deep hole by not running we forced Rex to rush his reads and try to make big plays, coming from behind. And that's not his strength. That said though, Rex is a veteran starting QB in the NFL. I agree with playing to your QB's strengths, but there's a fine line between that and coddling.

Last edited by SmootSmack; 10-17-2011 at 08:54 AM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote