Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

To All The Liberals

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: To All The Liberals

I'm just glad Crazy Carl got trounced here in NY.

Gotta say all the petty bickering in this thread is pretty childish, but it kinda mirrors politics in general today so oh well. Hope the repubs are happy, but now the excuses are over for the right. Let's see some action. Something tells me it will be SSDD though.

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #32
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I guess good job to everyone who voted. Nice to know the next two years will be gridlock central.

Any republican who thinks the democrats won't take the next two years to spin the evil conservative image up is crazy. And of course the problem is that the electorate is so evenly split (see the Pennsylvania race) that these dramatic shifts will keep occurring every 2 years or so.

anyways, it's all a shell game at this point. Like Saden, and others said, if anyone thinks that Medicare, SS, or Defense are going to be cut you need to know prop 19 failed, and to put that stuff away.

(what's with california not passing prop 19 anyway! Man, take a stand! and Git 'er done! so disappointed )
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Prop 19 failed because the young voters didn't show up. Oh well, the issue isn't going away.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Bottom line who expects "real change"...Nothing from from the tea party or republicans or democrats said anything they havent said before...cut taxes, cut spending, blah blah blah

I would like to see the state, county and federal government shrunk...I mean real cuts, like Great Britian recently did...I say start with the military and defense budget cut that15-20%, cut welfare 10%, federal salaries freeze and re examination of who makes what and make cuts. On a local level cut emergency services, police and fire....anybody familiar with "overtime" and pay scale knows police and fire is an effing rackett, alot of people sitting on their ass working 3 days on, 4 days off at incredible pay rates

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #35
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
ahhh, the return of the saden links. How I missed them.

Did they ever go away?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #36
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Partly, yes. But entirely, hell no. It doesn't add up. Barack Obama was elected with an overwhelming majority just two years ago. If you track the legislation that he promised and that has passed through Congress, the man is hitting his target with amazing accuracy. Contrary to what many here say and, unfortuantely, wrongly believe the economy has grown. The bank and auto bailouts have worked and we've added more private sector jobs to the economy than we have in years. In short, this has been the fastest post recession recovery in decades, if not longer.

However, the rise of the Tea Party and peoples frustration with chronic unemployment took it's toll on Democrats and President Obama's poll numbers this election cycle. Basically President Obama's and, yes, George Bush's policies saved us from a catastrophe. But what didn't happen is a hard sell to make when people are unemployed and losing their homes.

We'll keep the Senate for now and concede Congress tonight. As T.O. would say, get yo' popcorn ready!
Hey man don't keep all that stuff your smoking to yourself.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #37
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You got the house big woop...now what? You gonna cut social security? Well no because you told seniors you wouldn't. You're going to cut medicare? Well, no, you told seniors you wouldn't. Are you going to cut defense spending? Are you fcking high? You're going to cut other spending or kill ObamaCare? If you can get anything past the Senate conference more power to you and Obama's veto (as if that's going to be an option).

They over promised and they won't deliver. Buckle up Buck, it's going to be time to play hardball and we got more chips and defense spending bills to attach shit to. Yeeha!
The good news is that we can stop any shit Obama was planning to try and do. Lame duck DC is just fine with me.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Prop 19 failed because the young voters didn't show up. Oh well, the issue isn't going away.
I have a couple good friends in California, they said it really didnt matter to them, its basically legal anyways.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #39
firstdown
Living Legend

:smashfrea
Old 11-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #40
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm just glad Crazy Carl got trounced here in NY.

Gotta say all the petty bickering in this thread is pretty childish, but it kinda mirrors politics in general today so oh well. Hope the repubs are happy, but now the excuses are over for the right. Let's see some action. Something tells me it will be SSDD though.
The sith shall rule none.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The good news is that we can stop any shit Obama was planning to try and do. Lame duck DC is just fine with me.

LOL...don't use phrases whose meanings you don't know. Stick to "common sense" m'kay. Obama has done most of the things he wanted to do in round one and you lost that round a while ago. It's round 2 of a 4 round contest. Let's get it on!

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

This is one of the most arrogant Pres. we have ever had. Now he is going to India on a trip costing the American tax payers 200 MILLION PER DAY. WTF. The largest trip ever taken by a President. I guess no one told Obama we are out of money. So for his 3 day trip it will cost the tax payers 600 million dollars. Don't bitch to me about the poor or starving kids when he spends money like this and he is probably going to be sitting on Air Force One trying to figure out what just happened.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #43
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Did they ever go away?
Seemed to, or maybe the volume just seemed to decrease. Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #44
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
This is one of the most arrogant Pres. we have ever had. Now he is going to India on a trip costing the American tax payers 200 MILLION PER DAY. WTF. The largest trip ever taken by a President. I guess no one told Obama we are out of money. So for his 3 day trip it will cost the tax payers 600 million dollars. Don't bitch to me about the poor or starving kids when he spends money like this and he is probably going to be sitting on Air Force One trying to figure out what just happened.
200 million dollars a day? LOL...you guys can't even be bothered to make up a credible number?

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You got the house big woop...now what? You gonna cut social security? Well no because you told seniors you wouldn't. You're going to cut medicare? Well, no, you told seniors you wouldn't. Are you going to cut defense spending? Are you fcking high? You're going to cut other spending or kill ObamaCare? If you can get anything past the Senate conference more power to you and Obama's veto (as if that's going to be an option).

They over promised and they won't deliver. Buckle up Buck, it's going to be time to play hardball and we got more chips and defense spending bills to attach shit to. Yeeha!
In terms of political strategy (who cares about the f***in country, politics is all that counts), the House is a far better win then the Senate. The House initiates all money bills, so if the Republicans are smart (which they aren't), they can lay out grand scheme plans, and incorporate enough to win maybe 2-3 democratic senators. What this does, is allow them to show they have a plan that works (yeah right) and put the President in the blocking/obstructionist position.

For arguments sake, lets say House Republicans put a plan out that 30 Repub vote no on, but 10 Dem vote yes.

It goes to the Senate, where they get 47 Repub votes and 4 Dem votes.

It comes out of conference with "bi-partisan" support of maybe 15 House Dems and 5 Senate Dems.

Now, if Pres Obama signs it, he gives the Republican party a victory, for leading in the country back to the right direction, but if he vetoes it, and the Senate fails to overturn it due to staunch liberal posturing, then the Republicans can claim that the far left is trying to keep the country on the wrong path.

Far better would be to either
a) lose both the senate and house, and Pres Obama can be the defender of the poor from the big evil conservatives.

Or

b) have won the house, and lost the Senate, where the Republicans would again be seen as the obstructionist party.

In the end

it will all be ssdd.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote