Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Winslow Threaten's Skin's!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #31
kingerock
Special Teams

That would be my gripe too JWsweep. If the most your new star player can say is how much he wanted to play for another team.

Kinda like with Manning, the story isn't I want to play for NY, it's I don't want to play for S.D.

In both cases all they did was paint a target on their backs.

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2004, 06:06 PM   #32
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Well, Gibbs contradicted himself today too. He said at one point that he told the family the Postons might not have been the best agent choice. Then today in the Washington Post stated that the player's agent had nothing to do with it (which I highly doubt)
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:43 PM   #33
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I really don't believe that it was the postons that made the difference. If Gibbs thought KW II was the one to draft, we would have handled the Postons. I just think GIbbs became convinced (probably by Williams) that Taylor was too important and too good to pass up, especially given the NFC East rosters (Shockey, TO, Meshawn). And I bet it was also character issues. Taylor doesn't have that baggage, and KW II already does. KW II is not his dad. I bet Winslow Senior was a reason Gibbs sat on the fence for as long as he did. But then he figured that junior probably doesn't have the character of his old man. And that rant at the draft is evidence that Gibbs was right, if that's what he was thinking.

Week 4 just got a whole lot more interesting!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 07:07 PM   #34
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Well, Gibbs contradicted himself today too. He said at one point that he told the family the Postons might not have been the best agent choice. Then today in the Washington Post stated that the player's agent had nothing to do with it (which I highly doubt)
that does not mean it's a contradiction.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:12 PM   #35
itvnetop
Playmaker

did anyone notice winslow's other comments post-draft? i found them to be quite disturbing, especially, "I guess they wanted a guy like Sean Taylor over me." Wasn't ST his freakin teammate? "A guy like" sounds very demeaning... his true colors came out and i'm glad we got ST. Players should be happy for their teammates, not put them in a negative light.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:33 PM   #36
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Maybe it's me, but I don't see the totally selfish attitude. He was upset because he didn't get a job he felt he was promised. I don't see that as selfish. Hell, if I got drafted to the Browns I'd damn near be contemplating suicide right now!
I'm glad we got Taylor, but I can see his gripe.
That he even opened his mouth at all about this is sour grapes. How do you think his new fellow team mates, coaches and fans in Cleveland feel about his comments and what it implies (he would rather be in DC). He is not a very smart man. He needs to think before shooting his mouth off.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

His idiotic comments only solidifies the argument that we got the right 'Cane.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #38
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Tell him to pack a lunch week four...it's gonna be a long day for him
lol

peace
Old 04-26-2004, 07:31 PM   #39
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

taylor was asked about winslow's pre-selection comments and said the game against cleveland is gonna be interesting, but never made any degrading comments like Winslow which even further confirms the skins made the right choice.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:34 PM   #40
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

The kid shows no class. Instead of a number, he should have the word "target" so ST knows where to hit at all times.
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:47 PM   #41
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

For those of you who say that the reason the Skins did not draft KWII is because of his selection of the Postons as his agent, I hope you are wrong.

I would not like to think that draftees and free agents would be off-limits to the Skins because they can't find a way to work with one or two agents. These guys do represent some top notch talent.

Also, the only reason to be leery of dealing with them now is if you actually think that they have a case in the LaVar Arrington mess. If not, you just deal with them because the hearing on LaVar's mess will run its course and if the Postons/Arrington lose the case they have no leverage. But if they win the case they have leverage in lots of ways. So I hope that the Skins are not "avoiding the Postons" because they are worried about this arbitration.

By the way, I haven't heard anything coming from the NFLPA about the Arrington arbitration and you know that they will be involved in the evidentiary hearing on the matter. That is kind of strange since the NFLPA is not the most secretive organization on the planet. Anyone else here picking up any vibes...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:50 AM   #42
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
For those of you who say that the reason the Skins did not draft KWII is because of his selection of the Postons as his agent, I hope you are wrong.

I would not like to think that draftees and free agents would be off-limits to the Skins because they can't find a way to work with one or two agents. These guys do represent some top notch talent.

<snip>

....So I hope that the Skins are not "avoiding the Postons" because they are worried about this arbitration....
Sorry, SC, I completely disagree with you. As someone who has done acquisitions and purchasing for the last 13 years, I have an obligation to find the best "vendors" (agents) out there to pick up the best "product" (players) I possibly can. I hate to reduce people to the scope of a product (not like I'm not called a "resource" by the higher-ups), but this is a business and that's just the way it is.

If two "vendors" have comparable "products", I will always go with the one that will deliver the "product" with as little fuss or fanfare as possible at a reasonable price. If one vendor decides that he wants to dictate terms to me insofar as jacked-up pricing and/or delivery times (for an IT example, CDW... absolutely horrible) while another will give me something comparable with a hell of a lot less headache, guess which one I'll go with? That's called good business. That's how you keep your job and business gets done. I will always deal with a vendor who I have a good working relationship with over the "big guy" who has exclusive rights to the snazzy new product.

Remember that the aversion to he Postons is not just a 'Skins thing. Just ask the Rams (Pace). Or the Broncos (Ian Gold). Or the Pats (Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law). It's not just the Skins who are leery of these people. As businesses, these teams have an obligation to do their due diligence. In their due diligence, maybe these teams are finding that they'd rather deal with a Drew Rosenhaus over the Postons.

You are right... sometimes a great product is exclusive to one vendor, and you have to bite the bullet and get it done. But by and large, given a choice, you go with what will work better in the grand scheme. The Postons just don't seem to work out better, and are seemingly developing the reputation as such. The Poston's credibility seems to be waning fast not only amongst the teams, but the players they represent as well. (Smoot left, Orlando Pace is talking of leaving them.)

So given a choice between Taylor (Rosenhaus is his agent, and has a good working relationship with Snyder) or Winslow (the Poston's and their obviously acrimonious relationship with the FO), good business sense tells you to go with what business relationships you know you can work with.... and it's readily apparent it's not the Postons. Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:36 AM   #43
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Butz Baby!
Sorry, SC, I completely disagree with you. As someone who has done acquisitions and purchasing for the last 13 years, I have an obligation to find the best "vendors" (agents) out there to pick up the best "product" (players) I possibly can. I hate to reduce people to the scope of a product (not like I'm not called a "resource" by the higher-ups), but this is a business and that's just the way it is.

If two "vendors" have comparable "products", I will always go with the one that will deliver the "product" with as little fuss or fanfare as possible at a reasonable price. If one vendor decides that he wants to dictate terms to me insofar as jacked-up pricing and/or delivery times (for an IT example, CDW... absolutely horrible) while another will give me something comparable with a hell of a lot less headache, guess which one I'll go with? That's called good business. That's how you keep your job and business gets done. I will always deal with a vendor who I have a good working relationship with over the "big guy" who has exclusive rights to the snazzy new product.

Remember that the aversion to he Postons is not just a 'Skins thing. Just ask the Rams (Pace). Or the Broncos (Ian Gold). Or the Pats (Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law). It's not just the Skins who are leery of these people. As businesses, these teams have an obligation to do their due diligence. In their due diligence, maybe these teams are finding that they'd rather deal with a Drew Rosenhaus over the Postons.

You are right... sometimes a great product is exclusive to one vendor, and you have to bite the bullet and get it done. But by and large, given a choice, you go with what will work better in the grand scheme. The Postons just don't seem to work out better, and are seemingly developing the reputation as such. The Poston's credibility seems to be waning fast not only amongst the teams, but the players they represent as well. (Smoot left, Orlando Pace is talking of leaving them.)

So given a choice between Taylor (Rosenhaus is his agent, and has a good working relationship with Snyder) or Winslow (the Poston's and their obviously acrimonious relationship with the FO), good business sense tells you to go with what business relationships you know you can work with.... and it's readily apparent it's not the Postons. Makes perfect sense to me.
Well done DBB!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #44
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon

Also, the only reason to be leery of dealing with them now is if you actually think that they have a case in the LaVar Arrington mess. If not, you just deal with them because the hearing on LaVar's mess will run its course and if the Postons/Arrington lose the case they have no leverage. But if they win the case they have leverage in lots of ways. So I hope that the Skins are not "avoiding the Postons" because they are worried about this arbitration.

By the way, I haven't heard anything coming from the NFLPA about the Arrington arbitration and you know that they will be involved in the evidentiary hearing on the matter. That is kind of strange since the NFLPA is not the most secretive organization on the planet. Anyone else here picking up any vibes...
I have to agree with Dave Butz Baby!
The Redskins had Taylor and WinslowII rated even all the way up to Friday. So if both players are even, you start to look at the other non football talent issues. Taylor won.
Although, according to todays Washington Post, it sounds like Gibbs made up his mind to go with Taylor before Saturday.
WP says, "At February's NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, Washington Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs interviewed University of Miami defensive tackle Vince Wilfork. Gibbs asked Wilfork to tell him about some teammates.
"He just volunteered, 'Sean Taylor,' " Gibbs recalled. "That made an impression on me....
At Redskins Park several days before last weekend's NFL draft, Pro Bowl tailback Clinton Portis, a former Hurricane, provided Gibbs with unsolicited advice. "Sean Taylor -- that's all he kept saying," Gibbs said.
It sounds like the Potson's had very little to do with Redskins decision.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #45
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

Well here KWII has not played a down and he is already talking in mid-season form-I AM SOLDIER. Whatever reason (who care) we did not take him I am happy.