trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #406
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
His dealings are being brought out into the open , yes he will get acquitted but only along political lines ...............make no mistake he is guilty as hell .The American public sees the dog and pony show going on and like they turned on the Republican Congress they will turn on the republican senators. Mueller never exonerated trump the DOJ will never indite a sitting president but all bets are off when he is out of office.
Guilty of what? If he is guilty as hell...why wasn’t he charged of a high crime in the articles of impeachment? This is what I don’t understand and why this looks so stupid...it’s a show all right.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #407
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: trump Impeachment...............

Schiff's close was clearly a political speech for his base's consumption. The reference to the CBS report was one that every never trumper and liberal will cling to as why republicans voted against witnesses/removal.

Ultimately I think the new Lev Parnas tape actually hammers home that this was a sham from the beginning, it was made in 2018(!!!) and why does the ambassador of Ukraine say dont worry about Trump, according to the audio? Because Trump will be impeached!!

The democrats need to convince their base of how they tried everything to impeach Trump because that is what they have preached from day 1 of Trump's presidency or else they will face their voters apathy in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:15 AM   #408
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Guilty of what? If he is guilty as hell...why wasn’t he charged of a high crime in the articles of impeachment? This is what I don’t understand and why this looks so stupid...it’s a show all right.

chico, enough of your phoney outrage .
Old 01-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #409
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Schiff's close was clearly a political speech for his base's consumption. The reference to the CBS report was one that every never trumper and liberal will cling to as why republicans voted against witnesses/removal.

Ultimately I think the new Lev Parnas tape actually hammers home that this was a sham from the beginning, it was made in 2018(!!!) and why does the ambassador of Ukraine say dont worry about Trump, according to the audio? Because Trump will be impeached!!

The democrats need to convince their base of how they tried everything to impeach Trump because that is what they have preached from day 1 of Trump's presidency or else they will face their voters apathy in 2020.

LOL, they need to convince republicans to grab their balls and do what is right and throw that orange clown out on his ass, yet they won't and they will leave a black stain on this country for decades.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #410
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, they need to convince republicans to grab their balls and do what is right and throw that orange clown out on his ass, yet they won't and they will leave a black stain on this country for decades.
They didn't reach out to the moderates, at every turn they screamed coverup, treason, head on a pike. They made no attempt to show that witnesses or evidence would create significant change in their argument. They basically spent 23 + hours arguing a 2 hour brief.

They will take all the hyperbole and commercialize it in the hopes it will fire their base up at the election. But their base is where Republicans were not long ago on Obamacare, "we gave you the reins and you couldn't do anything with it".

By the way what is right is allowing the us electorate make the decision on who the president should be, not the whims of parliament.

We are not a European country that randomly throws out their prime minister. We have a structure that is in place to ensure no person has more than 8 years, and transitions are orderly.

Expect this video to be played a few times

Old 01-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #411
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/unspoken-...130037443.html

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- For three days, the House managers serving as prosecutors in the Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump set out the details of his effort to strong-arm Ukraine into aiding his 2020 re-election, and then argued that those details constitute reason to remove him from office. They made a strong case. Using the power of the presidency to push a foreign power to smear a political opponent is an abuse of that power, a “high crime and misdemeanor” in the constitutional phrase setting forth the standard for removal.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #412
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
They didn't reach out to the moderates, at every turn they screamed coverup, treason, head on a pike. They made no attempt to show that witnesses or evidence would create significant change in their argument. They basically spent 23 + hours arguing a 2 hour brief.

They will take all the hyperbole and commercialize it in the hopes it will fire their base up at the election. But their base is where Republicans were not long ago on Obamacare, "we gave you the reins and you couldn't do anything with it".

By the way what is right is allowing the us electorate make the decision on who the president should be, not the whims of parliament.

We are not a European country that randomly throws out their prime minister. We have a structure that is in place to ensure no person has more than 8 years, and transitions are orderly.

Expect this video to be played a few times

You do realize what Biden just did there is not what trump did , right? No where in that video is Biden asking for an investigation into trump is he?
Old 01-25-2020, 12:00 PM   #413
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is an Opinion Piece that I agree with...........chico and other trumpettes will not.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/washi...084145936.html

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow.

But The Washington Post editorial board has warned that the evidence Democrats have presented in the Senate impeachment trial of Donald Trump over his Ukraine misconduct will eventually catch up to the president and Republican senators “whether they ignore it or not.”

In an editorial published Friday, the board said Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and his co-House impeachment managers had laid out “the hard evidence” to the GOP-controlled Senate that Trump “used presidential powers to pressure Ukraine into announcing investigations that would aid his reelection campaign, and that he engaged in unprecedented obstruction of Congress’s subsequent investigation.”

“Mr. Schiff pointed out that, whether or not GOP senators demand relevant testimony and documents during the trial, more facts will eventually come out,” it concluded. “Those who choose now to disregard the evidence against Mr. Trump and abet his obstruction will be reduced to watching in the months and years to come as the case against him — and against their abdication of constitutional duty
Old 01-25-2020, 04:10 PM   #414
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

SIX FACTS that sink Dems' case:

•Transcript shows no conditionality
•Zelensky: no quid pro quo/pressure
•Ukraine didn't know of aid pause
•No Dem witness testified that POTUS said any conditionality
•Ukraine got aid, did nothing for it
•Trump strengthened Ukraine support

Buh-bye impeachment nonsense

He Gets Us
Old 01-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #415
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Has anyone seen the commercial for this Trumpy Bear? The first time I saw it, I thought it had to have been a total spoof. It was the most ridiculous commercial I've ever seen.

Another commercial I saw was a chess set of like Trump/Pence/McConnell vs. like Pelosi/Schumer/Feinstein. Who is buying that? So weird.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #416
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am just curious how many of you guys that hold Trump guilty have actually read the transcript of the call.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...ied09.2019.pdf

I admittedly had not until today, and it struck me that the Ukrainian President sounded on the same page throughout the conversation. Not exactly what I expected, or would expect, from some one who was acting under a form of compulsion. Specifically, he mirrored words and ideas Trump has used in his election. Clearly that serves as flattery which we know Trump responds to. Some examples:
Quote:
President Zelenskyy: You· are absolutely right Mr.
Presideht.• We did win big and we worked hard for this. We worked
a lot but I would like to confess to you that I had an
opportunity to learn from you. We used quite a few of your
skills and knowledge and were able to use it as an example to
our elections -and.yes it is-true that these were unique
elections. We were in a·unique situation· that we· were able to achieve a unique success. I'm able to tell you the following;
the first time,\ you· called me to · congratulate .
me .when I won my presidential election, and the second time you are now calling me when my party won the parliamentary election. I think I
should run more often so you can call me more often and we can talk over the phone more often.

The President: [laughter] That's a very good idea. I ·
think your country is very happy about that.
Zelenskvy went on to compare the old Ukraine govt to a swamp.

Quote:
President Zelenskyy: Well yes, to tell you the truth, we are trying to work hard because we wanted to drain the swamp here in our country. We brought in many many new people. Not the old politicians, not the typical politicians, because we want to have a new format and a new type of government .. You are a great teacher for us and in that.

The President: Well it's·very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot.of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than.they are.
and
Quote:
President Zelenskyy: Yes you are·absolutely right. not only 100%, but actually 1000% arid I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet.with her. I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing·on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest· partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than.the European Union and I'm very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine.
There is a lot more, but again what struck me was the back and forth flow, often with Zelensvky taking the lead, and Trump encouraging the discussion.

I just thought the transcript would be far more damning then it was when I read through it, and yes I realize I have a confirmation bias towards supporting Trump.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #417
Giantone
Gamebreaker

From the trump network................

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/fox..._notifications

Fox News poll delivers devastating news to Trump on impeachment

According to a new Fox News poll released on Sunday morning, a clear majority of respondents — beyond the margin of error — believe Donald Trump should be convicted by the U.S. Senate for impeachable crimes and removed from office.

According to the poll, “On impeachment, by a 50-44 percent margin, voters think the Senate should vote to convict Trump and remove him from office. Most Democrats say remove (81 percent) and most Republicans disagree (84 percent). Among independents, more say Trump should be removed by a 19-point margin (53-34 percent).”
Old 01-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #418
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I am just curious how many of you guys that hold Trump guilty have actually read the transcript of the call.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...ied09.2019.pdf

I admittedly had not until today, and it struck me that the Ukrainian President sounded on the same page throughout the conversation. Not exactly what I expected, or would expect, from some one who was acting under a form of compulsion. Specifically, he mirrored words and ideas Trump has used in his election. Clearly that serves as flattery which we know Trump responds to. Some examples:

Zelenskvy went on to compare the old Ukraine govt to a swamp.

and

There is a lot more, but again what struck me was the back and forth flow, often with Zelensvky taking the lead, and Trump encouraging the discussion.

I just thought the transcript would be far more damning then it was when I read through it, and yes I realize I have a confirmation bias towards supporting Trump.
You're correct the transcript released is not damning at all,...........now find the other one.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #419
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I listened to it read and examined on the Ben Shapiro podcast. then he took it again and compared it to the Vindman’s testimony when that occurred...and the testimony largely lined up with the transcript.

Remember, Trump did not have to release the transcripts, it was well within his right not too.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-26-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #420
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You're correct the transcript released is not damning at all,...........now find the other one.
Lol conspiracies abound. Maybe Schiff should ask the russians to look into it