Debating with the enemy

Old 04-08-2022, 03:45 PM   #406
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This one was funnier: https://thegloriousamerican.com/feat...am-on-cinemax/

Partially because I do have some problems with the bill that passed in Florida and the impact it has on gay teachers. Public figures fair game though
I thought about posting that one 1st. I had never heard of that site until I came across it today.

I'm a fan of sattire.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2022, 09:09 AM   #407
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For all those looking to jump on the Hunter Biden Laptop issue just a little food for thought.

https://news.yahoo.com/critics-mock-...030100332.html

HuffPost
Critics Mock GOP's Hunter Biden Slams In Wake Of Jared Kushner's $2 Billion Saudi Payday

Mary Papenfuss
Mon, April 11, 2022, 11:01 PM
In this article:

Jared Kushner

After relentless Republican complaints and about Hunter Biden’s international business work while his father was vice president, critics find it particularly rich that the Saudis invested a massive $2 billion in a Jared Kushner fund shortly after he left his senior adviser role in a Trump administration remarkably accommodating to the Saudis.

The money dwarfs any income Hunter Biden is known to have earned while on a Ukrainian energy company’s board while his father was Barack Obama’s vice president. And Hunter Biden couldn’t curry favor with any foreign entities with a powerful White House position like the one Kushner held, when Donald Trump’s son-in-law was supposed to be representing the American public and not his own interests.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:00 AM   #408
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
For all those looking to jump on the Hunter Biden Laptop issue just a little food for thought.

https://news.yahoo.com/critics-mock-...030100332.html

HuffPost
Critics Mock GOP's Hunter Biden Slams In Wake Of Jared Kushner's $2 Billion Saudi Payday

Mary Papenfuss
Mon, April 11, 2022, 11:01 PM
In this article:

Jared Kushner

After relentless Republican complaints and about Hunter Biden’s international business work while his father was vice president, critics find it particularly rich that the Saudis invested a massive $2 billion in a Jared Kushner fund shortly after he left his senior adviser role in a Trump administration remarkably accommodating to the Saudis.

The money dwarfs any income Hunter Biden is known to have earned while on a Ukrainian energy company’s board while his father was Barack Obama’s vice president. And Hunter Biden couldn’t curry favor with any foreign entities with a powerful White House position like the one Kushner held, when Donald Trump’s son-in-law was supposed to be representing the American public and not his own interests.
I have not doubts what-so-ever that Trump and his family are corrupt. Now about that laptop......
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:49 AM   #409
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It could be either/or - if Hunter Biden is doing dirty shit lock him up. Just being a Dem is not a free pass to do unethical or illegal shit.

Now if only certain people here could think along the same lines about members of their own party... because we all agree the Saudis didn't give famed hedge fund manager Jared Kushner 2b because of his savvy business acumen right?
Old 04-12-2022, 12:19 PM   #410
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It could be either/or - if Hunter Biden is doing dirty shit lock him up. Just being a Dem is not a free pass to do unethical or illegal shit.

Now if only certain people here could think along the same lines about members of their own party... because we all agree the Saudis didn't give famed hedge fund manager Jared Kushner 2b because of his savvy business acumen right?
Old 04-12-2022, 11:52 PM   #411
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Federal Reserve:

For or against?

I'm against, but I also don't research this (I should) enough to make a passionate response for my opinion. Interested to hear other opinions.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:04 AM   #412
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Federal Reserve:

For or against?

I'm against, but I also don't research this (I should) enough to make a passionate response for my opinion. Interested to hear other opinions.
I think as we get into more progressive financial turmoil, climate change, water wars, infectious diseases etc, having a uniform regulating body is a good thing. That being said I think the Fed has done a shitty job regulating what it is supposed to.

The alternatives really don't appeal to me either. Having banks make their own rules sounds like the basis of a free market but we know it will lead to higher interest rate loans in poor communities and further consolidation of power into banking conglomerates and away from more local and regional institutions.

Going to a commodity standard like the gold standard doesn't make sense especially for the United States. Our entire economy is predicated on growth for the sake of growth. You can't have your dollar grow when it's worth is tied into a finite resource.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:31 PM   #413
SunnySide
Playmaker

Theis’s rhetoric against McMorrow in the fundraising email sent out on Monday read, “These are the people we are up against. Progressive social media trolls like Senator Malloy McMorrow (D-Snowflake) who are outraged they can’t teach can’t groom and sexualize kindergarteners or that 8-year-olds are responsible for slavery.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-...135900555.html

politics suck in this country. its all campaigning 24/7/365.

race to the bottom.

america politics is a sewer and were a parody of a democracy
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #414
MTK
\m/

The right sure has a weird obsession with pedophilia.

Projecting perhaps?
Old 04-20-2022, 12:45 PM   #415
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The right sure has a weird obsession with pedophilia.

Projecting perhaps?
IM sure theyll say liberals have been calling republicans racist so its fair game. Probably is. Republicans clearly decided to campaign as "champion of parental rights" and have pushed this CRT and grooming thing hard.

Wish republicans worked as hard in helping the country vs false flag campaign strategies.

We were probably heading this way, but trump really accelerated the breakdown of our government.

Race to the bottom.

Im apathetic at this point, much like being a Skins fan. Ill vote, Ill watch on Sundays ... but i expect the experience to be a net negative in my life.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:01 PM   #416
SunnySide
Playmaker

DENVER — A Republican state lawmaker running for Congress in El Paso County wants his name on the June 28 primary ballot to include "Let's Go Brandon."

State Rep. Dave Williams (R-Colorado Springs) qualified for the primary ballot at the Congressional District 5 (CD5) assembly in Colorado Springs, earning him the top name on the ballot for CD5.

Williams filed a lawsuit on Monday to force Democratic Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold to list his name on the ballot as "Dave 'Let's Go Brandon' Williams."

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...f-0f5f687ddbcd

our country fucking sucks

Am I just getting older and becoming a cranky old dude .... or has our politicians nose dived in decorum in the past few years.

fucking embarrassing ..

all high school juvenile shit at this point
Old 04-20-2022, 01:25 PM   #417
MTK
\m/

Politics is definitely in the dumpster these days. It's all about riling up the base and convincing them the other side of the aisle is out to destroy the country.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #418
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lotta folks missing mean tweets

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #419
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Maryland has closed primaries. I recently switched my registration over to Republican so I could vote for moderates as the republican candidate.

This guy scares me: https://www.coxforfreedom.com/ If he some how got elected I would actually fear for my children based on some components of his platform.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:54 PM   #420
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Maryland has closed primaries. I recently switched my registration over to Republican so I could vote for moderates as the republican candidate.

This guy scares me: https://www.coxforfreedom.com/ If he some how got elected I would actually fear for my children based on some components of his platform.
Welcome Baltimore! The tent is never closed, always open.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote