What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #406
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well, that's my point. I have no doubt that msnbc and Fox do this. Until election night, I thought CNN was better about their stories. Since then, they are have been just as misleading as those two.
This is a great read .It's response's from Journalist on Trumps attacks.

Journalists react to being called ‘the enemy of the American people’ – Poynter

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #407
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

"The media did not make Donald Trump, and they can't destroy him," Limbaugh said. "But the media thinks -- and when I say media, let me define: ABC, CBS, NBC, New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, LA Times, that cadre -- they have a formula, they have a blueprint for destroying Republican political officials they don't like. It's not going to work on Trump. He doesn't fit that mold. They're trying to everyday. It's kind of comical to watch."

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #408
Giantone
Gamebreaker

To me this should be sent to Trump and all his advisors.

https://jrbenjamin.com/2015/01/25/te...the-president/

The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly as necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.”
Old 02-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #409
MTK
\m/

McCain on shutting down press: That's how dictators get started | TheHill
Old 02-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #410
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Since we are talkin bout the corrupt media, any thoughts on bill Maher?

It's entertaining to watch the libs kill him. Always like maher because he understands freedom of speech means freedom of speech...not the pc, liberal censorship going on in this country today. Another reason why trump won.

He Gets Us
Old 02-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #411
MTK
\m/

I think it's important to expose idiots like Yiannopoulos
Old 02-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #412
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Yup. Of course it is. So ... has Trump moved to block CNN from printing whatever they want? Is the MSNBC website all of sudden blocked? Have any reporters been imprisoned for printing anti-Trump articles?

Nope. The press is free to print whatever the hell it wants. We, both from the left and the right, are free to call them out on their bias, misrepresentations or whatever else.

Lefties have been mocking Fox News for years highlighting their bias, pointing out were they deceive through omission, etc. Sucks when what goes around comes around.

Freedom of the press is imperative. So is holding them to the standards they claim to be upholding.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #413
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The recount thread has become less about the recounts since it's over. So how about a new question. For those who are anti-Trump, what would it take - or what would you need to see in the first 180 days to bring you to his side. Obviously some parts of his agenda will never be supported by democrats, but what could happen that would make his presidency more palatable then the last 4 years of Bush.

For the Trumpeters, what would it take, or what could he do in the 180 days to shake your faith, and specifically, what legislation could be passed or not passed that would make you buy in to the Trump's a charlatan argument.

My big 3 -
1) failing to repeal the Affordable Care Act - while a replace option at some point could be added, the repeal is the higher priority to me. For my family, I would be content going back to the health care of the past, at least I could afford that. (selfish bastard that I am that I want to be able to cover myself and my kids first).

2) making a unjustified deal with Russia. I don't think we should be Ukraine's protector, but we definitely should be committed to NATO. Any deal that trades any NATO member's security for Russian cooperation would break my faith in him.

3) a lack of efforts that specifically target improving the life of urban US cities. Both parties ignore the real needs of these populations, the democrats take them for granted, and republicans see them as unswerving opponents. I want to see Trump move beyond that dilemna.

the least important thing that Trump promised - the wall. If it's built fine, if not, make immigration attainable, deport criminals here illegally and call it a job well done.

What are your big 3?
Nothing is going to change for the better, but it will get worse. Up til the week before the election I was going to abstain from voting. The American voter was faced with a no win scenario. Two narcissistic power hungry psychos isn't much of a choice. People voted for Trump because he was the only one who campaigned with promise change, no war, no globalism, selling out the blue collar industrial workers of this nation, and cutting spending and debt. Hilary was just Obama 2.0 which was just Bush 2.0 in terms of war and debt(the two big issues that really matter). Most people didn't like either candidate they did vote for. It was change and not w anting a thoroughly corrupt politician in office vs those who didn't want a shoot from the hip egoist that was un PC in office. Trump won and I ended up voting for him, but I wish I had simply abstained like I originally was going to. The guy wants to have another détente with Russia, but we are shipping by train a ton of armor headed toward Ukraine as we speak. Sanctions are still going on. IN terms of Syria, we are actually considering boots on the ground there. Wow, what an incredibly stupid idea!!!!!!! Just like the other ME adventures we are in now. He wanted to drain the swamp, but his entire cabinet is filled with Goldman Sachs cronies and Israel First whack jobs. All this economic nationalism sounds good, but if he raises tariffs on things the ones getting screwed will be the American consumer, who is facing creeping inflation and the increased loss of decent paying jobs. It seems the neocon deep state types have already defeated his presidency, so this whole issue is moot. Americans need to wake up that our electoral system is rigged and any candidate from both parties has always been thoroughly vetted by the deep state elites. I don't expect anything from Trump that we haven't already seen from the past two shmucks in office, except that maybe if we do corner the Russian Bear anymore, there might be some mushroom clouds in our future. Trump is a one term president, as Hilary would have been if she was elected. Things are not going to get better. With the advent of this election, we have a new term coined and that is "fake news". Just about all media outlets are biased one way or another. Nobody trusts anyone anymore, and the distrust and paranoia is running fever pitch. If Trump would have stayed on point, things wouldn't look so bleak, but he seems to be in damage control mode so much that he comes off as incompetent and in over his head. As a result of the Flynn debacle, his hands are now tied in trying to thaw relations with Russia. Do we really need to have another Cold War, when we need to spend up to $9 trillion to modernize American infrastructure? How about our education system, health care, etc? Oh no, we need to create more bogeymen to justify making some assholes in the MIC rich. Sorry about the rant, but thus far Trump has been a major disappointment!! It looks like he had no clue as to what he was getting himself into.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #414
FlyerSkin

Also, why do we need NATO? The Russian threat is garbage, but our threat against Russia in Ukraine is not. Do you think Russia wants to have ICBMs pointed toward her just south of the border if Ukraine joins NATO? That is why they act the way they do in Ukraine. What would be our response if say they tried to put ICBMs in Cuba again? We would go ape shit. Those people in E Ukraine knew how bad things were in Kiev and that their jobs and industries would have been sold to Western internationals and scrapped, leaving them even more economically depressed than they already were. The fact that they were deemed second class citizens didn't help either.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #415
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To me this should be sent to Trump and all his advisors.

https://jrbenjamin.com/2015/01/25/te...the-president/

The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly as necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.”
The leftist neocon press doesn't give a shit Giant about ethics! Case in point, what we witnessed with the mass protests after Trump was elected. Many conservatives were not happy with President Obama, but didn't go around rioting after he was elected twice. The press seemed to get off on this. Another example of the press being rather dubious at best with the truth is with Ukraine and reporting Russian military formations were in E Ukraine without any proof. Nice way to gin up support for a future war based on lies huh? Oh yeah, W already did that using his lackey Colin Powell at the UN. Fox News sure had a great run with that. Now the lies about Iran. Why do you think Trump gets away with this fake news stuff? Because a majority of Americans don't trust them. And why should they, the bias no matter where you go is rather heavy. Fox is the GOP news channel, while the rest our liberal. That is why Fox is #1. Still biased though.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #416
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The guy seems like a gossiping sleaze bag...I had no idea who he was until Berkeley was protesting him. I'm a little surprised people are so wound up about this guy.

He Gets Us
Old 02-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #417
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Since we are talkin bout the corrupt media, any thoughts on bill Maher?

It's entertaining to watch the libs kill him. Always like maher because he understands freedom of speech means freedom of speech...not the pc, liberal censorship going on in this country today. Another reason why trump won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXKIk7b0Owc
Old 02-20-2017, 06:16 AM   #418
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
The leftist neocon press doesn't give a shit Giant about ethics! Case in point, what we witnessed with the mass protests after Trump was elected. Many conservatives were not happy with President Obama, but didn't go around rioting after he was elected twice. The press seemed to get off on this. Another example of the press being rather dubious at best with the truth is with Ukraine and reporting Russian military formations were in E Ukraine without any proof. Nice way to gin up support for a future war based on lies huh? Oh yeah, W already did that using his lackey Colin Powell at the UN. Fox News sure had a great run with that. Now the lies about Iran. Why do you think Trump gets away with this fake news stuff? Because a majority of Americans don't trust them. And why should they, the bias no matter where you go is rather heavy. Fox is the GOP news channel, while the rest our liberal. That is why Fox is #1. Still biased though.

Trump is a moron plain and simple to put that on the press is absurd .FOX has had it with Trump also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQNyTPMi_w
Old 02-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #419
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Expose him, fine. UC Berkley shut him down and "anti"-fascists vandalized the campus rather than let him speak ... are they that afraid of his words?

Where is the indignation over freedom of speech from the left? Where was the call to let him speak and then refute his positions?

Oh right ... that only applies to speech we like.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #420
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post

Not as you say"The leftist neocon press doesn't give a shit " ,the quote is from Teddy Roosevelt 26th President.