Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Sell OUR Team Danny Boy | Facebook

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sp...-66012812.html

Redskins Fans Collecting Contributions to the Dan Snyder Embarrassment Fund - Michael Tunison - The Sporting Blog - Sporting News

The Washington Redskins have been run into the ground. But who is to blame? Here are some problems that we've outlined along with a solution:

Problem: “Danny Boy” has mismanaged OUR team for the last decade and counting….

Problem: “Danny Boy” loves to make headlines and sell jerseys by signing big name high priced free agent players normally way past their prime…..

Problem: “Danny Boy” has signed, interfered with, and fired so many coaches during his 10 year ownership quality coaches no longer want to work for OUR team…

Problem: “Danny Boy” has put trust and confidence in one of the worst GM/Operations Manager in the league (Vinny Boy Cerrato) for 9 out of 10 years…

Problem: “Danny Boy” cheers and claps his hands congratulating OUR team after a win. After a loss he turns his back to OUR team, a gesture normally reserved for 3rd graders and tribal leaders in third world counties….

Problem: “Danny Boy” spends waayyyyyy too much time with Tom Cruise

Solution: Request that Danny Boy sell OUR team. We need to send a clear message that Danny Boy’s interference with OUR team will not be tolerated. Danny Boy needs to step back hire a competent General Manager and stop meddling with OUR team. He needs to go away, either by selling OUR team or by disappearing and staying out of the operations. We urge every fan to stop buying licensed merchandise from Danny Boy. Until Danny Boy is no longer involved in operations, or better yet no longer the owner PLEASE DO NOT BUY TEAM MERCHANDISE from Danny Boy.

The goal is to raise $7,750 to place an ad on ten (10) DC Metro busses and propose OUR “Solution” to all residents of the District and Fans of OUR Team. The signs will be approximately 13 feet by 2.5 feet and read “Sell OUR Team Danny Boy”. While we are at it lets also raise $500 dollars for charity benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and send a Certified Letter to Danny Boy asking him to match OUR donation to charity.

The costs associated with doing this are as follows:

$7,000 – Ten (10) DC Metro Bus Ads to run for a period of 4 weeks (to be purchased through CBS Outdoor, http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...cbsoutdoor.com)
$500 – Twelve (12) Signs to be printed and transported to DC Metro Bus Lines (to be purchased through CSI, CSI :: All Print Great & Small)
$500 – Donation to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA Donation By Mail)
$250 – PayPal takes approximately 3% fee for transactions
$8,250 – Total Amount Needed

Here’s the reason we are using kapipal.com:

You can use your credit card or PayPal account to donate the minimum of $5 or as much as you like. Kapipal.com is a third party and is in no way related to us. Unlike Danny Boy we don’t want your money and we are not looking to make one penny off of this. We are just looking to raise a couple bucks for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and request OUR team be managed competently. Any proceeds will benefit charity.

We have room on the sign for a small amount of "notable donations". If you are willing to make a large donation ($500 plus) and would like your name or company recognized on the ad please contact us at: sellourteamdannyboy@gmail.com

Also, if we don't get close to the $8250 we will refund all donations. I think that this is a no-brainer and that with the thousands of Redskins Fans out there we will easily reach $8250; however, if we don't get $8250 within 30 days every dollar will be refunded.

Please write or call with any questions:

Charles Tomasch
703.728.8467 (cell)
sellourteamdannyboy@gmail.com

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...amDannyBoy.com

Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - Kapipal

Sell OUR Team Danny Boy | Facebook

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sp...-66012812.html

Last edited by mlmpetert; 10-26-2009 at 09:15 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

First off I want to encourage anyone and everyone to copy and paste the above post to the other message boards, blogs, facebook, twitter, myspace, craigslist, wherever... Everyone has been talking about doing something but actions have been pretty light so far. Hopefully this will encourage people to donate, start their own idea, or at least stop buying merchandise.

Its about to be Monday Night maybe we can get people to talk about this? I made the minimum donation 5 dollars in order to get as many people as involved as possible. Please feel free to donate more. Worst case scenario we make some money for a very deserving charity.

I am routing for the Skins as much as anyone and hope we can turn this season around, but maybe we can turn the franchise around too. Maybe im a dreamer....

So call your sports radio stations, tell your friends, donate some money, email your email buddies, tip your bartender, and lets make this successful....

www.SellOURTeamDannyBoy.com

Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - Kapipal
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Skinny Tee
The Starter

By disparaging the owner's appearances in this public protest you are weakening your credibility and come off as a fan who has a personal vendetta.

Also your demand is just not feasible. If you want to be effective and reflect more of the public sentiment you should lessen the demand and the personal attack.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

Nice to see people are spending their time and fund raising efforts wisely. I could probably think of a few thousand more worthy causes.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nice to see people are spending their time and fund raising efforts wisely. I could probably think of a few thousand more worthy causes.

While I agree on some level, I do find it very comical that someone who is talking about spending a few thousand dollars is criticized when the Redskins annually throw away hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars.

I just couldn't ignore the irony.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

You said Danny Boy about 10,000 times
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Kudos to you at least for using it to try to raise some money for battling muscular dystrophy
Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Kudos to you at least for using it to try to raise some money for battling muscular dystrophy
I agree, SS.

Otherwise this seems like an exercise in futility. Certainly you don't expect Snyder to sell the team just because you bought bus ads?

Let me put this differently: I own my house and no one tells me when to sell it and when not to. You could put ads on every bus in the USA demanding that I sell my house but I won't care, since the only voice that matters is mine.

The same goes for Snyder and the Redskins.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I agree, SS.

Otherwise this seems like an exercise in futility. Certainly you don't expect Snyder to sell the team just because you bought bus ads?

Let me put this differently: I own my house and no one tells me when to sell it and when not to. You could put ads on every bus in the USA demanding that I sell my house but I won't care, since the only voice that matters is mine.

Obviously we dont expect him to sell the team. Honestly he has proven that he wants to win, however; my thought is that his constant meddling with the team, putting VC in charge, and hiring and firing coaches has put the team in the position it is in.

We say sell the team but mean get out of the operations and management of the team. More of an impact to say Sell The Team.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Obviously we dont expect him to sell the team. Honestly he has proven that he wants to win, however; my thought is that his constant meddling with the team, putting VC in charge, and hiring and firing coaches has put the team in the position it is in.

We say sell the team but mean get out of the operations and management of the team. More of an impact to say Sell The Team.
Then why not but that on the busses.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #11
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post

I must disagree. If your message is "get out of the operations," then saying that has the most "impact." Saying "sell the team" just makes the issue muddy and unclear. It also enables Danny to more easily ignore your message.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #12
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I agree, SS.

I get your analogy, but since you chose it specifically I have to comment on it further. I work w/neighborhood groups a bit, and often there are problem properties that they want to see something done about; usually it's a rental property & the neighborhood people call out the owner as a slum lord for renting to drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. In Virginia (a strong property rights state), citizens can petition a grand jury to declare a property a public nuisance.

The owner of course is entitled to due process, but my point is that just because you "own your house" doesn't mean you can hide yourself and not take responsibility for any impact you have on your neighbors. Of course, Snyder will only sell when it makes sense for him & he wants to. Don't take the sell the team mantra so literally, if legitimate this is an attempt to make him change. Public sentiment is begginning to show an impact already IMO. I don't think Vinny would've made the statement about Zorn today if not for the growing resentment toward DS.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #13
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Hey, I think its a good idea. No need to bash the guy of the get-go. Obviously there are other better causes, but it depends what you are passionate about. If you truly care about cancer prevention research, go donate to a fund now; dont just bash this.

For the record I wont contribute to bus ads, but its not a bad idea. Better than just bitching on a forum.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

Problem: “Danny Boy” loves to make headlines and sell jerseys by signing big name high priced free agent players normally way past their prime…..

Do you really think he makes more money by signing and paying these players more then he would if the skins were winning football games? I'd bet right now sales are at there lowest sense he has owned the team.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Maybe it's me, but I hate when people call him Danny Boy.