The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-06-2022, 02:40 PM   #376
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans blocked a Democratic attempt to begin Senate debate on a $10 billion COVID-19 compromise, pressing to entangle the bipartisan package with an election-year showdown over immigration restrictions that poses a politically uncomfortable fight for Democrats.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-block...041704072.html

I thought republicans wanted stand alone bills so bipartisan legislation doesnt get sidetracked with unrelated add ons?
I do. Doesn't mean the Republican assholes in DC will.

If it's a stand alone bill, they want a huge bill. If it's a huge bill, they want a stand alone bill.

Basically the goal is to never pass anything unless they can steal credit credit for it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2022, 03:26 PM   #377
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

In this case the amendment is relevant to Covid policy and money. So Mitch is following the science which says most of the countries where these illegals are coming from haven’t vaccinated, are anti-vax, and vax rates are extremely low…so makes sense to keep title 42 up and running to protect against unnecessary outbreaks.

Thanks Mitch for looking out for the health of the country.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:31 PM   #378
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Me (or anyone of us) in D.C. looking for some adults:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #379
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Me (or anyone of us) in D.C. looking for some adults:

That ^ looks like Biden at the Obama thing at the White House where everyone ignored him. Pretty sad

He Gets Us
Old 04-07-2022, 04:54 AM   #380
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
In this case the amendment is relevant to Covid policy and money. So Mitch is following the science which says most of the countries where these illegals are coming from haven’t vaccinated, are anti-vax, and vax rates are extremely low…so makes sense to keep title 42 up and running to protect against unnecessary outbreaks.

Thanks Mitch for looking out for the health of the country.
The fact you think mitch is your friend shows how dumb you are.

GET HELP!
Old 04-07-2022, 05:51 AM   #381
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That ^ looks like Biden at the Obama thing at the White House where everyone ignored him. Pretty sad
chico and FOX at it again!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...164352197.html

Fox News Doctored Clips of Obama’s Visit to the White House to Make It Seem Like Biden Was Lost

The only problem is that both clips were taken out of context. Biden does look a little confused in the first clip, but it’s only because he’s looking for someone, perhaps Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, whom he brings up onstage to applause shortly after the conservative media cut ends. The second clip ends right before Biden gets Obama’s attention and introduces him to someone. Twitter user @acyn helpfully attached the full clips to the end of the Fox News segments lambasting the edited versions
Old 04-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #382
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

You can't seriously think anonymous twitter user @acyn is a reliable source.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:06 AM   #383
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I can’t believe he thinks yahoo news is a reliable source…lol

G1 no one doctored anything, it was pretty damn sad.

He Gets Us
Old 04-07-2022, 08:28 AM   #384
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

I don't understand where the perception of Biden being senile or lost or dopey comes from. Actually I do understand it, he was painted that way by Trump in an effort to try to win, and Fox News and others caught on and are working to perpetuate it.

I'm a moderate R and I can't stand Biden's economic policies, but you have to acknowledge that the approach with leading NATO with respect to Ukraine has been masterful. They intentionally release intelligence info on expected Russian moves right before each Russian action takes place. They say Putin will invade, he invades. They say he will attempt to encircle Kyiv, he attempts to encircle Kyiv. They say he will increase missile attacks, he increases missile attacks. They say he will use an indiscriminate bombing campaign, he does just that.

That series of releases gains the US immediate credibility with respect to understanding Russia. Which puts Biden in position to lead NATO and unite them. So much so that Germany increases its defense spending, something Trump whined about but couldn't successfully get them to do.

You can stand up there and whine and bloviate about things all you want, but making things happen takes strategy, credibility, and leadership. Biden's administration has executed it brilliantly and NATO is looking to the US once again to set a rational, measured yet resolved tone. It's lending to stability in a period where there's increasing instability in Europe.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:33 AM   #385
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

What's sad is your Biden Derangement Syndrome. You bitch about MSM and won't believe when it's proven FOX lied to you. Face it you were made a fool of.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #386
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
??? Rolling Stone does.

Rolling Stone
@RollingStone
Fox News doctored clips of Obama's visit to the White House to make it seem like Biden was lost.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:37 AM   #387
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

It was Rolling Stone you DA!

.....................reading is fundamental!
Old 04-07-2022, 08:51 AM   #388
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Dennis P. Crawford
@DennisPCrawford
·
19h
Replying to
@RollingStone
and
@vince_powers
The Russian intelligence agency has been spreading false rumors that President Biden is allegedly not healthy. Fox once again has helped disseminate Russian disinformation.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:09 AM   #389
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I don't understand where the perception of Biden being senile or lost or dopey comes from. Actually I do understand it, he was painted that way by Trump in an effort to try to win, and Fox News and others caught on and are working to perpetuate it.

I'm a moderate R and I can't stand Biden's economic policies, but you have to acknowledge that the approach with leading NATO with respect to Ukraine has been masterful. They intentionally release intelligence info on expected Russian moves right before each Russian action takes place. They say Putin will invade, he invades. They say he will attempt to encircle Kyiv, he attempts to encircle Kyiv. They say he will increase missile attacks, he increases missile attacks. They say he will use an indiscriminate bombing campaign, he does just that.

That series of releases gains the US immediate credibility with respect to understanding Russia. Which puts Biden in position to lead NATO and unite them. So much so that Germany increases its defense spending, something Trump whined about but couldn't successfully get them to do.

You can stand up there and whine and bloviate about things all you want, but making things happen takes strategy, credibility, and leadership. Biden's administration has executed it brilliantly and NATO is looking to the US once again to set a rational, measured yet resolved tone. It's lending to stability in a period where there's increasing instability in Europe.
I think how the Ukraine fight has played out and the post war strategy has gone about as well as it could for Biden politically, when tied directly to the conflict. I’m actually surprised to hear less saber rattling than I thought I would. I woulda sent the migs tho.

With regards to NATO, it’s now encouraging that they are now increasing spending which is a result of pressure campaigns. Germany laughed when accused by Trump that ties to Russia energy didn’t align strategic goals..they arent laughing now.

I don’t see anything brilliant in a war that broke out again in Europe under another administration Biden is a part of. That’s like Trump saying Putin is brilliant for sending in peace keepers.

I don’t know how this ends, Gen Milley said originally Kiev would be taken in 72 hours…Ukraine proven to be a lil more resilient. Can the Ukraines win? Maybe? They are going to have to show the ability to push Russia out of the eastern front…i just don’t think they can do it alone.

He Gets Us
Old 04-07-2022, 09:15 AM   #390
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
??? Rolling Stone does.

Rolling Stone
@RollingStone
Fox News doctored clips of Obama's visit to the White House to make it seem like Biden was lost.
Much like most things you miss the point. One clip from Fox does not evidence make nor does one clip that can be taken out of context from CSPAN provide evidence to the contrary. A twitter user that wasn't even there? That is click bait fodder at best.

I think it is easy enough to identify when Fox News is lying without looking like a douche bag and coming off as an idiot.