Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-14-2022, 02:51 PM   #361
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: 2022 off season thread part 1

Accountability

Kliff has continued to play this stoic-like figure on and off the field. I can only remember one time this year during the Patriots game that he got in Kyler’s face. There has been no “2008 Christmas day” moment that has woken up the Cardinals. There are only so many times he can say “we/I have got to be better”.

There is no passion or accountability from Kliff. It trickles down to even the quarterback. Murray has been absent in trying to motivate this squad. Instead we find images/cuts of the camera of him just sitting on the bench with a thousand-yard-stare like he was in the battle of Verdun.
https://raisingzona.com/2020/12/27/a...bury-hot-seat/

Could Kliff Kingsbury be coaching himself onto the NFL hot seat?

A couple of weeks ago, the Arizona Cardinals were 10-2 on the season and Kliff Kingsbury was a favorite for the NFL Coach of the Year.

A lot can change in two weeks.

The Cardinals are now 10-4 on the season and Kingsbury continues to fall in odds for the award for the NFL's top coach.

Some NFL writers are even questioning Kingsbury's job security in Arizona, should the Cardinals continue to struggle down the stretch.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...at/8982098002/

There is more unfolding about the relationship between the Arizona Cardinals and quarterback Kyler Murray. ESPN’s Chris Mortenson described the relationship as having an “odd vibe” and that there is “acrimony” because of how things ended with the team’s first-round playoff exit.

The Cardinals were beaten by the Los Angeles Rams 34-11. Murray did not play the final minute.

While many analysts during the game felt the Cardinals should have pulled their young franchise quarterback from the game when things got out of hand to avoid any sort of injury, he didn’t come out until there was 1:05 remaining in the game.

According to Mike Garofolo, speaking during NFL Network’s Super Bowl pregame coverage, Murray pulled himself from the game, refusing to take the final snaps.

Backup Colt McCoy, according to Garofolo, tried to encourage him to finish the game with his teammates, but “a banged-up Murray said, ‘no, that’s it.'”

According to the report, some within the organization were unhappy with that.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyler-m...215826189.html

End of the 2020 season I read about how Kingsbury was on the hot seat. Confused i went to their fan forums and sure enough, lots of unhappy sounds directed at Kingsbury way.

End of 2021 ... they go 11-6 in a brutal NFC West .... and theres unhappiness behind the scenes.

I dont have a point but In am confused as to their dysfunction.

Cards have a young offensive minded coach they went hard for, have a 1.1 QB who seems to be dynamic, a solid D .... and no one seems happy.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #362
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Oddly enough and It may surprise my guy SF , I am not a K1 fan.. I don't think he's a great passer and his small ass will get hurt eventually. Also hes had a shitty attitude since he was at OU.. He's a baby.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:05 PM   #363
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Just read that Tampa may be looking Russell Wilson's way. The list of suitors for Russell is long and distinguished.

Honestly, Russell Wilson seems more and more like a pipe dream for us.

Time to go to Plan B.

Draft Willis or Pickett at 11. And grab a middle tier free agent QB to ease the rookie in mid-year. A Teddy Bridgewater type.

And continue to add pieces where we're weak. MLB. S. WR.
I saw Picket throw in training the other day and that damn glove freaks me out.. His arm isn't elite either, Willis BY FAR has the biggest upside of any QB in this class.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #364
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trending: An NFL executive said the #Commanders could "justify" trading their first round pick for #49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo due to the expected weakness of the rookie QB class, via @TheAthletic

Here we go.... Good lord man
Old 02-14-2022, 03:49 PM   #365
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Trending: An NFL executive said the #Commanders could "justify" trading their first round pick for #49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo due to the expected weakness of the rookie QB class, via @TheAthletic

Absolutely no fucking way. Sorry

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:06 PM   #366
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:

I assume he was an executive for the 49ers
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:08 PM   #367
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Absolutely no fucking way. Sorry
RR and company are DESPERATE at this point. Best case scenario is to go 0-17 but weve got too good a team and RR dont tank.

Im scared.

Soon enough we will be talking ourselves it liking it saying "Rams dont value 1st rounders and look at them ... id trade Jamin Davis for Jimmy so its comparable ... he was ranked 9th in 3rd down conversion thru pass percentage"
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:39 PM   #368
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
I saw Picket throw in training the other day and that damn glove freaks me out.. His arm isn't elite either, Willis BY FAR has the biggest upside of any QB in this class.

I don't disagree ... but Willis seems to have already generated buzz that will push him up from our spot at 11. How far do we go to ensure we draft him? Are we pulling "an RGIII" to land Willis?

I wouldn't.

He has tools, but I'm not comfortable giving up assets to move up the draft board to snag any rookie in this year's QB crop. (I'd give up assets to trade for an established NFL QB, but that doesn't look like a viable path this year for us).

I prefer Pickett to Matt Coral and Sam Howell --- Pickett's bigger, has comparable speed, and lots of experience.

If he busts (any rookie QB we draft) take another swing at next year's crop of collegiate QBs ...

Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Phil Jurcovic, Spencer Rattler, Kedon Slovis, Dillon Gabriel, Brenan Armstrong, Henden Hooker, Malik Cunningham, Max Johnson, DJ Uagalelei .... plus others.

I think next year's group is deeper than this year's.

But that's just me.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:41 PM   #369
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
That may be true but how long are you willing to wait for him to learn to play the QB position in the NFL? This is a serious question. To me, he is a superior athlete with a strong arm who has a lot to learn about playing QB.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:07 PM   #370
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

2022 off season thread part 1

I just don’t trust Pickett, I think he was a one year wonder.

Corral is good but he’s injury prone. Misses games every year In college.

I can see why Ron would go after Jimmy G, he knows this class will be a project class. We don’t have time to “hope”

Yeah Jimmy isn’t elite but he’s better than Heineke.

We have to be realistic as a fan base. Will we really trade a fortune for Russell Wilson? I don’t think Ron will. I hope he does but he’s huge on keeping draft capital.

Is Carson Wentz a possibility?
Jameis Winston?

If I’m drafting a QB I’m picking Willis Or Howell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2022, 07:45 PM   #371
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just don’t trust Pickett, I think he was a one year wonder.

Corral is good but he’s injury prone. Misses games every year In college.

I can see why Ron would go after Jimmy G, he knows this class will be a project class. We don’t have time to “hope”

Yeah Jimmy isn’t elite but he’s better than Heineke.

We have to be realistic as a fan base. Will we really trade a fortune for Russell Wilson? I don’t think Ron will. I hope he does but he’s huge on keeping draft capital.

Is Carson Wentz a possibility?
Jameis Winston?

If I’m drafting a QB I’m picking Willis Or Howell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you really think Willis could develop into a legit QB? I have a really hard time with that. I think Ridder or Howell are better prospects and you could in the second or move back later in first if possible

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:44 PM   #372
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Do you really think Willis could develop into a legit QB? I have a really hard time with that. I think Ridder or Howell are better prospects and you could in the second or move back later in first if possible
I think I am in agreement with you. They all have flaws, some more glaring than others, but I really don't want them to use the 11th pick on any of the QBs in this draft (or Jimmy G).

You could land a really good WR, CB, or even O-lineman at 11 instead of reaching for a QB. Ridder in the 2nd would be nice.

Fact is, Mac Jones was the least favored QB of the five picked in the 1st round last year, and he turned out to be the most impressive out of them all. Davis Mills in the 3rd was probably as impressive, with less of a supporting cast.

No reason to waste that pick at 11 on a QB, not this year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:00 PM   #373
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

While that seems a lot for him I think a first for a known commodity at QB is par. I am indifferent to the move personally. Don’t love it for sure.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:44 PM   #374
rocnrik
Playmaker

In this weak QB class for every QB taken before us means a much better player just fell a spot .. we could end up with a top 5 player by taking BPA .. Is there ANY free agent QB out there that would be upgrade that we could get without giving up draft capital? We can’t draft a QB at 11 and fail with top 5 players sitting there .. the only QB I think worth 11 is Willis just because his athletic ability and huge upside..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:59 PM   #375
jamf
Pro Bowl

Weak draft class or not, Garappolo is not worth a 1st and a new 30+mil per year contract.

Rookie contracts are team friendly. They need to go with a rookie QB.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote