trump the Criminal

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-16-2023, 12:46 PM   #346
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: trump the Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Well the first group from New York were shit and as predicted undermined the political impact of the real ones, but in total there have been 78 charges filed.
What are we up to now? 91? What an amateur number, real presidents go for at least 100 indictments.

I see they are gonna do Trump's height/weight when they do his booking, anybody wanna get in on some bet action?

I'm guessing 6', 280 lbs. Maybe 5'11".

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2023, 06:11 PM   #347
nonniey
The Starter

What I don't get is why more people opposed (this includes the biased press) to Trump aren't highlighting that he attempted a coup. It's as if they are afraid to use that word as being too hyperbolic. But, by definition, it was in fact a coup attempt or more specifically a self-coup or auto-coup.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 08:48 AM   #348
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
What I don't get is why more people opposed (this includes the biased press) to Trump aren't highlighting that he attempted a coup. It's as if they are afraid to use that word as being too hyperbolic. But, by definition, it was in fact a coup attempt or more specifically a self-coup or auto-coup.

Trumpers don’t consider it a coup, they actually consider it a failed attempt to liberate our country. But it’s not a cult.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:23 AM   #349
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Trumpers don’t consider it a coup, they actually consider it a failed attempt to liberate our country. But it’s not a cult.
My point is why aren't the non Trumpers highlighting or even for the most part mentioning this? I bet even most of those that don't like Trump, fail to realize what he tried to do was a coup.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:40 AM   #350
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

trump the Criminal

Quote:
My point is why aren't the non Trumpers highlighting or even for the most part mentioning this? I bet even most of those that don't like Trump, fail to realize what he tried to do was a coup.

I think it is still so hard to wrap our heads around the fact that it happened in this country has alot to do with it. And yes, even ones who despise the man probably do fail to realize that there was a coup attempt in the United States of America. Couple that with the fact that the leader of the coup is the front runner for the GOP ticket. It is completely mind numbing. Than, on top of all that, you got Chico and the rest beating their chest about emails and Hunter Biden. It’s literally bat shit crazy.

The guy should, by rights, be put in front of a firing squad. But emails!
Old 08-17-2023, 10:07 AM   #351
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think it is still so hard to wrap our heads around the fact that it happened in this country has alot to do with it. And yes, even ones who despise the man probably do fail to realize that there was a coup attempt in the United States of America. Couple that with the fact that the leader of the coup is the front runner for the GOP ticket. It is completely mind numbing. Than, on top of all that, you got Chico and the rest beating their chest about emails and Hunter Biden. It’s literally bat shit crazy.

The guy should, by rights, be put in front of a firing squad. But emails!
We knew what it was the mega backers were crying so much it got lost in the argument of "insurrection, coup "or just some nice visitors to the Capital that got lost?
Old 08-17-2023, 10:11 AM   #352
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Why? First it has been mention, many a time. The right fights back and as I said before you mention "insurrection or coup" and fights break out. The right isn't willing to listen to anything in regards to Jan 6th.

Have you listen to Jim Jordon, MTG or Matt Gaetz?
Old 08-17-2023, 10:20 AM   #353
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why? First it has been mention, many a time. The right fights back and as I said before you mention "insurrection or coup" and fights break out. The right isn't willing to listen to anything in regards to Jan 6th.

Have you listen to Jim Jordon, MTG or Matt Gaetz?

It is like you are talking about tiny green men to them. Lol. It was a nationally televised coup attempt and the mother fuckers had a damn war room set up. There is so much evidence of coordination
it is crazy.
Like I said, Trump and Rudy and all the other mother fuckers should be put in front of a firing squad.
Old 08-17-2023, 12:00 PM   #354
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It is like you are talking about tiny green men to them. Lol. It was a nationally televised coup attempt and the mother fuckers had a damn war room set up. There is so much evidence of coordination
it is crazy.
Like I said, Trump and Rudy and all the other mother fuckers should be put in front of a firing squad.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:55 PM   #355
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Not sure where you're looking, but from my liberal perspective it seems like every prominent liberal has highlighted the fact he attempted a half-assed coup. They just get tuned out by conservatives for being liberal though.

And conservative politicians sure as fuck ain't gonna mention it until they are basically assured of being removed from office, because they are signing a career death sentence if they speak about it (hint: it's because their voter base is Trump's voter base).

They'll speak about it in private but as soon they go public with it they're out. MAGA has a mafia style setup, you're either 100% in or you're out. Soon as you start questioning why (like you're Mike in The Wire) you're out.

There you have it.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:07 PM   #356
Giantone
Gamebreaker

.........this.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:21 PM   #357
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Not sure where you're looking, but from my liberal perspective it seems like every prominent liberal has highlighted the fact he attempted a half-assed coup. They just get tuned out by conservatives for being liberal though.

And conservative politicians sure as fuck ain't gonna mention it until they are basically assured of being removed from office, because they are signing a career death sentence if they speak about it (hint: it's because their voter base is Trump's voter base).

They'll speak about it in private but as soon they go public with it they're out. MAGA has a mafia style setup, you're either 100% in or you're out. Soon as you start questioning why (like you're Mike in The Wire) you're out.

There you have it.
I'm not talking about opinion pieces I'm talking about regular news reporting I''m refering to ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC etc. - nightly news, morning shows, ect). They will consistently refer to the election steal as the big lie, which it is, but never say the Trump coup or the failed coup attempt.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:34 AM   #358
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I'm not talking about opinion pieces I'm talking about regular news reporting I''m refering to ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC etc. - nightly news, morning shows, ect). They will consistently refer to the election steal as the big lie, which it is, but never say the Trump coup or the failed coup attempt.
Semantics. Doesn't matter what they call it, both sides are pretty entrenched right now. I agree, would rather they call it a coup vs "The Big Lie."
Old 08-23-2023, 08:11 AM   #359
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3248c4db&ei=98

Trump is ineligible for office and more people are realizing it: Yale professor

If Republicans are serious about capturing the White House next year, their best bet would be to ditch Donald Trump.

That’s according to the findings of a newly published University of Pennsylvania Law School study authored by two staunch conservatives that says Trump would be ineligible to serve because of his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, Yale management professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld writes for Just Security.

Sonnenfeld asserts that the study “shows with true authority that Trump has violated a fourth qualification, by providing aid and comfort to an insurrection and enemies of the U.S. Constitution.”

The study’s authors, William Baude and Michael Stokes Paulsen, are both Federalist Society members who support “originalist” constitutional interpretations.

“Using this method of interpretation and historical research, Baude and Paulsen conclude that Trump has unequivocally run afoul of Section 3 of the 14th Amendment – the insurrection clause — by breaching his sworn oath of office to obey the Constitution.”
Old 08-23-2023, 10:23 AM   #360
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://news.yahoo.com/two-constitut...155933105.html

Two Constitutional scholars say Trump disqualified in 2024 race

Former judge J. Michael Luttig and constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe tell CNN’s Kasie Hunt that Donald Trump is ineligible to be president under the 14th Amendment for his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol.