2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-11-2022, 05:52 PM   #346
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: 2022 off season thread part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Is it too much to ask that people don't lose their minds overreacting?

So he'd like to pick Hitler's brain and have a conversation with him - fine.
Personally I don't really care about what he said, it's just fascinating to me that, as a team captain, he didn't know that people would overreact, and that Twitter is not important to the point where he had to give his most honest answer. Like, this is the world we live in, this is Twitter, you're a famous person and a team captain, in my book you should know what's coming if you tweet something like that.
I have zero interest in the moral debate and I see exactly what he wanted to say, my interest is this team and to me it's fascinating that even the apparently smartest people in the building don't know better.

In short, to your question I'd say: yes, it is too much to ask because you know people are going to overact, so as a team captain, know better.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 02-11-2022 at 06:20 PM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-11-2022, 09:46 PM   #347
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The crying would be endless. Tears in Northern Va/Southern Maryland would have caused a massive flood.
I'd like to have dinner with Trump.

It would be an honor to peek inside the mind of the supreme bullshitter of all time.

Nobody knows more about anything than him! But uh, you can't see his transcripts.
Old 02-11-2022, 09:56 PM   #348
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This thread has turned to shit (has nothing to do with the most recent post above this one).
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:34 AM   #349
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The crying would be endless. Tears in Northern Va/Southern Maryland would have caused a massive flood.
...........great retort chico.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #350
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Personally I don't really care about what he said, it's just fascinating to me that, as a team captain, he didn't know that people would overreact, and that Twitter is not important to the point where he had to give his most honest answer. Like, this is the world we live in, this is Twitter, you're a famous person and a team captain, in my book you should know what's coming if you tweet something like that.
I have zero interest in the moral debate and I see exactly what he wanted to say, my interest is this team and to me it's fascinating that even the apparently smartest people in the building don't know better.

In short, to your question I'd say: yes, it is too much to ask because you know people are going to overact, so as a team captain, know better.
This is what I meant. I don't care one way or the other what the answer was...but it's quite tone deaf to not think of the reaction from the world.
Esp with the dysfunction and controversy with the team at this point in time...it's just one more thing.
Also, I wonder what Snyders reaction is to this, tbh. I know that he's made it a point to say that people were being anti-semetic in the media when they put the devil face on him........so I can't imagine what his reaction is to someone on his team saying this. I'm sure it's nothing that we will hear about and will be talked about behind closed doors...but I would love to be a fly on the wall.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #351
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

What would be a good enough offer to Seattle to land Russell Wilson?

This year's 1st
Daron Payne
Next year's 2nd

???

Would that move the needle enough?
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #352
Swarley
The Starter

I think they'll need at least two 1's and a player. I can't imagine that they're particularly excited about any of the QB prospects from this draft, and they would probably figure that adding Russ to our team would win us a couple of games and hurt the value of next year's picks, so I doubt they're ok with a 2nd.
Old 02-12-2022, 02:00 PM   #353
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

That's funny. He should "know better". It's entirely possible he didn't care what the reactions would be - or overreactions. Not everyone is walking around on eggshells hoping they don't offend someone by their honesty.

I'm actually surprised he apologized. An apology wasn't warranted.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:42 PM   #354
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’d imagine Ron knows RW would carry this team far.. especially in a weak NFC QB room..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2022, 07:46 PM   #355
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That's funny. He should "know better". It's entirely possible he didn't care what the reactions would be - or overreactions. Not everyone is walking around on eggshells hoping they don't offend someone by their honesty.

I'm actually surprised he apologized. An apology wasn't warranted.
And he would be entitled to not care what the Twitter/media reaction to it is, I just think as a team captain, and with all this team has had to deal with recently, and will have to deal with in the foreseeable future, it would've simply been smarter to anticipate the (highly predictable) overreaction and go a more consensual route.
Now, I deleted my twitter account a couple of weeks ago, and only used it a couple of years in the end, so I won't be the one to tell you how great, smart and important a place it is ...
Old 02-12-2022, 07:49 PM   #356
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
I think they'll need at least two 1's and a player. I can't imagine that they're particularly excited about any of the QB prospects from this draft, and they would probably figure that adding Russ to our team would win us a couple of games and hurt the value of next year's picks, so I doubt they're ok with a 2nd.
That's my thinking too. Rams gave up a young 1st pick QB, a 3rd and 2 firsts to get Stafford, who's 9 month older that Wilson. I don't see how we pay less than that for Russell.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:15 PM   #357
rocnrik
Playmaker

Whatever we do it won’t work out … RGIii,Alex Smith,Haskins, Fitz… all we got to show for it is a guy with a champion heart with very little arm .. I’m at point of drafting our guy and hope it works ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:30 PM   #358
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Whatever we do it won’t work out … RGIii,Alex Smith,Haskins, Fitz… all we got to show for it is a guy with a champion heart with very little arm .. I’m at point of drafting our guy and hope it works ..

I think a guy like RW would change that.

I don’t want Wentz (rumored to be traded)
I don’t want Winston

I’d rather draft Willis at 11 and roll the dice if that’s the case.

Wilson is of course the #1 option and if we can somehow pull him in, it would be Massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2022, 07:26 PM   #359
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lence-incident

NFL running back Adrian Peterson arrested in connection with what officials said was a domestic violence incident

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:09 PM   #360
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Just read that Tampa may be looking Russell Wilson's way. The list of suitors for Russell is long and distinguished.

Honestly, Russell Wilson seems more and more like a pipe dream for us.

Time to go to Plan B.

Draft Willis or Pickett at 11. And grab a middle tier free agent QB to ease the rookie in mid-year. A Teddy Bridgewater type.

And continue to add pieces where we're weak. MLB. S. WR.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote