Debating with the enemy

Old 11-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #331
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Glad that libs weren’t melting down when they lost

They had reason to. A fuckin piece of shit became President. Not the case now. Anyway I guess the “fuck your feelings” flags should all be burned now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #332
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

The hope here if the Republicans win the senate is Mitch will work with Biden. They are old friends and im very optimistic about it. Might take some time but the Trump divisiveness will die down.
Let the healing process begin and don’t worry Chico we will get thru this together!

Old 11-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #333
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I hope the Democrats win the Senate too. Let them have 2 years to get what they want done.

Then have the midterms for Congress seats be a clean argument between both of the main sides.

If they do retain the Senate. Trump lost. Don't be sore losers. Move this country along.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #334
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I hope the Democrats win the Senate too. Let them have 2 years to get what they want done.

Then have the midterms for Congress seats be a clean argument between both of the main sides.

If they do retain the Senate. Trump lost. Don't be sore losers. Move this country along.

Amen to that...

Old 11-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #335
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

McConnell won again. Pelosi won again. Graham won again, etc. etc.

These old fucks on both sides are cockroaches. You can't get rid of them. Trusting all of these lifetimers to grow up is probably wishful thinking, sadly.

I urge everyone in 2022 to think long and hard for voting as many of these people out as possible, in the primaries. They can still be a Democrat or Republican held seat, just someone different.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #336
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

Went down to Virginia to visit my stepson and his girlfriend . They voted for Trump. We got down there and my wife put on the Biden Harris victory speech. I stood up, turned it off, and told her go watch that somewhere else if you want to this is their house.
I know this may come as a shock to some of you but I have not and will not rub anything in anyones face since the election ended. It didn’t work when they did it and it will not work if we do it. Everyone needs to stop rooting for sides like politics is a sport and let them handle what they need to handle. You want your say than vote and stfu about it. I don’t really mind debating/arguing on this forum because lets face it we are not neighbors or family members and we have football to unify us every sunday. I have been off social media for over a year, because that is family and neighbors and people i see every day. I will not go back on now to meme them for 4-8 years as payback.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:02 PM   #337
MTK
\m/

The pettiness needs to stop from both sides. For all the complaints from the right about being called cultists and racists the left has been called libtards, dumbocrats, and oh yeah fuck your feelings for good measure. I've really liked Biden's message so far about coming together and giving each other a chance.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #338
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Best name anyone came up with for Trump was Bunker Boy. That one always made me chuckle.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:11 PM   #339
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The problem I have with both sides, besides crushing our country with deficits/debt, is how bills get written.

A bill gets written to declare making kicking puppies illegal. But the fine print of the bill includes bullshit pet projects that have nothing to do with puppies. Then if you vote against it, its broadcasted as Mr./Ms. X hates puppies.

That's just not arguing in good faith. It's such bullshit.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #340
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The hope here if the Republicans win the senate is Mitch will work with Biden. They are old friends and im very optimistic about it. Might take some time but the Trump divisiveness will die down.
Let the healing process begin and don’t worry Chico we will get thru this together!

I'm surprised you feel that way about it. I'm not expecting that at all. I expect the Senate Republicans to tell Mitch they expect him to stand up to anything Biden wants unless he can extract concessions from him.

For me there's no need to gloat, because we're already off to a bad start with Trump's transition team refusing to start working with Biden until Trump concedes or gets defeated in court. Every day/week/month they have to wait means a later start for when Biden can get the ball rolling.

I too endorse Biden's message of coming together because there are a lot of innocent families that really need help right now. But I don't expect anything to come easy in the next 3+ months.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #341
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The problem I have with both sides, besides crushing our country with deficits/debt, is how bills get written.

A bill gets written to declare making kicking puppies illegal. But the fine print of the bill includes bullshit pet projects that have nothing to do with puppies. Then if you vote against it, its broadcasted as Mr./Ms. X hates puppies.

That's just not arguing in good faith. It's such bullshit.
Agreed. I think the rider system needs to be changed. At the least have a Senate vote if a rider wants to be attached to a bill.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #342
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm surprised you feel that way about it. I'm not expecting that at all. I expect the Senate Republicans to tell Mitch they expect him to stand up to anything Biden wants unless he can extract concessions from him.

For me there's no need to gloat, because we're already off to a bad start with Trump's transition team refusing to start working with Biden until Trump concedes or gets defeated in court. Every day/week/month they have to wait means a later start for when Biden can get the ball rolling.

I too endorse Biden's message of coming together because there are a lot of innocent families that really need help right now. But I don't expect anything to come easy in the next 3+ months.

Mitch actually even named a part of a bill after Bo Biden back in the day. They are friends. I have to be optimistic because the option is at least two more years of nothing getting done if the Republicans keep the senate. And I expect they will.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #343
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...eb2x&context=3

It never ceases to amaze me how there is always a video of conservatives doing the same shit they accuse Dems of doing.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:31 PM   #344
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Preach
Old 11-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #345
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Thought this story from a Reddit user about how hard it is registering to vote in GA was a good look at the process designed to disenfranchise potential voters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...eb2x&context=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by u/hauntedbalaclava
I’m just going to give you a run down of my own experience trying to register to vote in Atlanta, Ga this year.

You have to have a state issued ID which I didn’t yet have as a new resident of the state. So I hopped online and signed up for an appointment at the DMV. Appointments were booked solid for almost two months. On the website it says they are taking people by appointment only. Okay. So I sign up for a date two months later.

On the day of my appointment I have every. Single. Duck. In. A. Row. I have my original birth certificate, my social security card, two pieces of mail, the lease to my new apartment, a phone bill. I drove to Florida this summer to pick up my birth certificate from my parents’ safe. I am ready. I show up to the dmv (dds in Ga) about forty minutes early. There is only one dds office per county for some reason, and metro Atlanta (inside the perimeter) covers primarily two counties. That’s two offices for the entire population inside the Atlanta perimeter.

When I get to where the GPS sends me I find myself at a dead mall. The entire mall is closed. There’s an abandoned JCPenney’s, movie theater, the works. This place doesn’t look like the DMV. I drive around for twenty minutes trying to find an entrance. Is it inside the dead mall? Why is there no signage? I finally find a security guard who looks tired of being asked where the DMV is. He directs me to a single door down a long outdoor sort of “hallway.”

The DMV is inside and around the corner and the line for appointments is snaking around the inside of the mall. Your appointment is just a reservation for a time, the order you arrive and the time of your appointment will determine where in the line you get to stand. There are members of the DMV staff trying to patiently soothe the angry patrons who haven’t even made it in the door of the office yet.

There are easily 13 desks for service at this DMV, 3-4 of them are manned with a fifth staff member having to leave their post and manage the line. I finally get called to the desk. The process once at the desk takes ten minutes. I’m handed a temporary ID and sent on my way. All told I just waited two months for an appointment and spent about five hours physically in the DMV.

I go home and immediately try to register to vote online. At this point it is three days before the voter registration deadline so I should be totally in the clear, right? Wrong. When I finish my online registration I’m notified that my “application for registration” has been received and that it will take four weeks for my registration to be processed. I will not be registered to vote in time.

I call the Fulton county voter services number and try to get a person on the phone. I wait on hold for about an hour. When I get someone on the phone she tells me there is nothing she can do and hangs up. I call back. Wait again. I get someone nicer who tells me that they’re just a call center. They aren’t really employed by the Fulton county voter registration office. The most they can do is search voter records to see if I’m registered, which is the same thing I can do from my home computer.

So I get pissed. I weigh my options, and I realize I’m still technically on my lease in Florida. I request an absentee ballot from my last city of residence and I manage to cast my vote in the election.

This stuff is built to fail by design. Register NOW to vote in the GA runoffs. The good news is, I’m registered in GA now and will be proudly casting my vote to take back the senate in January. FUCK the racist GOP.