2022 Midterms thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-08-2022, 11:21 PM   #331
nonniey
The Starter

Re: 2022 Midterms thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
WTF is wrong with Georgia, never should have been this close.
It's a red state so Warnock was never going to blow Walker away no matter how bad he was (it was because Walker was so bad that Warnock had any chance at all). You Dems should actually love Trump if it wasn't for him the GOP would likely have all three branches of Government (with some other Republican President on his 2d term right now).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2022, 09:19 AM   #332
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ari...co-2022-12-09/

Sinema makes it official, registered as an independent. Not surprising.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #333
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

She is positioning as she comes into cycle and democrats already have knives out for her as they review others to primary against her. Independent thinker isn’t for the democrat party these days unfortunately

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #334
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

I think this will improve GOP chances by a lot. She is very popular among the independents in Arizona, but her only chance would be if the GOP nominates a MAGA candidate again as she would need to pull from both the GOP and Dems to have any shot at winning. As for the Dem I just don't see that they'll have any chance at all in 2024 with Sinema in the race. I guess the Dems could decide not to run anyone to try to prevent the GOP pick-up.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:09 PM   #335
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
She is positioning as she comes into cycle and democrats already have knives out for her as they review others to primary against her. Independent thinker isn’t for the democrat party these days unfortunately
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Kinzinger and Cheney.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:28 PM   #336
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
why do you encourage him?
Old 12-11-2022, 10:24 AM   #337
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
After further thought, I think what Sinema did was absolutely brilliant. She was going to be primaried and lose in the Dem race. Now she gives the Dems a choice of either supporting her independent run (ie not field a candidate) or give the seat to the GOP. It is still a long shot that she'd win (many Dems won't vote for her) but she has given herself a chance.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:53 AM   #338
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
After further thought, I think what Sinema did was absolutely brilliant. She was going to be primaried and lose in the Dem race. Now she gives the Dems a choice of either supporting her independent run (ie not field a candidate) or give the seat to the GOP. It is still a long shot that she'd win (many Dems won't vote for her) but she has given herself a chance.
Not really, actually she has done the opposite. She can't be trusted by the voters. She wants to change her party fine go ahead by after you're out of Office, she was elected under false pretense.
Old 12-11-2022, 12:42 PM   #339
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Not really, actually she has done the opposite. She can't be trusted by the voters. She wants to change her party fine go ahead by after you're out of Office, she was elected under false pretense.
All that you said is beside the point I was making. She was going to lose in the primaries, now the Dems have to make the decision to either support her or give the seat to the GOP. I'm not saying she will win. She will still be an underdog as she will lose some(many?) Dems in the general election anyway.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:25 PM   #340
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I think this will improve GOP chances by a lot. She is very popular among the independents in Arizona, but her only chance would be if the GOP nominates a MAGA candidate again as she would need to pull from both the GOP and Dems to have any shot at winning. As for the Dem I just don't see that they'll have any chance at all in 2024 with Sinema in the race. I guess the Dems could decide not to run anyone to try to prevent the GOP pick-up.
I think they have to run someone. It doesn’t matter if it is Sinema or a GOP it is a loss for dems regardless. Put someone yiu want to be a rising star knowing they have 6 years
Old 12-11-2022, 07:44 PM   #341
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Accurate. It was the obvious choice for her.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:47 PM   #342
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
See if you can guess who I'm impersonating Punch.

"Politifact? You would quote from a bunch of liberal cuck-pussies."

Nice article - I r not smrt when it comes to understanding oil/gas beyond "pipelines leak too much and the global market sets gas prices"
Old 12-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #343
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
See if you can guess who I'm impersonating Punch.

"Politifact? You would quote from a bunch of liberal cuck-pussies."

Nice article - I r not smrt when it comes to understanding oil/gas beyond "pipelines leak too much and the global market sets gas prices"
Politifact is where liberals go to confirm their biases

STUDY: PolitiFact Is Nearly 6 Times More Likely to Defend Biden Than Check His Facts

https://www.allsides.com/news/2022-1...-likely-defend

Of course Biden energy policies have directly affected the price of energy. You are just simply retarded hack you argue against it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:31 AM   #344
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Politifact is where liberals go to confirm their biases

STUDY: PolitiFact Is Nearly 6 Times More Likely to Defend Biden Than Check His Facts

https://www.allsides.com/news/2022-1...-likely-defend

Of course Biden energy policies have directly affected the price of energy. You are just simply retarded hack you argue against it.
This is such a well rounded theory I simply have no choice but to concede. Have you considered trying out for the debate team Chico?

My favorite part is the part where you argued "Politifact is for liberal hacks" and you ignored the part about "oil companies already have a backlog of more than 9,000 approved permits that they are not yet using." So what specifically is Biden doing right now that is causing gas prices to fall? Because I paid $2.85 in Petersburg yesterday.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:28 AM   #345
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
All that you said is beside the point I was making. She was going to lose in the primaries, now the Dems have to make the decision to either support her or give the seat to the GOP. I'm not saying she will win. She will still be an underdog as she will lose some(many?) Dems in the general election anyway.
https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-democ...150222564.html

Arizona Democratic Party official says voters feel that Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has 'totally turned her back on the people who got her into office'

Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema announced she would leave the Democratic Party on Friday.

An Arizona Democratic official said Sinema "turned her back" on the people who voted for her.

Sinema has said she is now registered as an independent.

An Arizona Democratic party official said that voters in the state feel like Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has "turned her back" on the people who voted for her after she announced that she would no longer serve as a member of the Democratic Party.

Michael Slugocki, the vice-chair of the Arizona Democratic Party, said Sinema "has no constituency group in Arizona" anymore after her announcement on NBC's Meet the Press on Friday.