Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins Viks Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #331
mbedner3420
The Starter

Re: Skins Viks Postgame

It's simply amazing how sad this division is. To think it was at one point a few years back revered and respected as the toughest division in the entire league. Now, however, it's effectively turned into the 2010 NFC West.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #332
Sonny9TD

Re: Skins Viks Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanarchist View Post
I agree completely. It was a single read for Griff, and no other option. Which leads directly to the question why the shortsightedness of the play caller? Why only a single read? They anticipated strong pressure, a blitz perhaps, maybe 6 man pressure, because you'd assume most offensive lines(not saying ours necessarily) are expected to hold up against a single blitzer. If you make that assumption that leaves only one player capable of being double covered. So by design, they decide a half fade/corner route kind of pass to the smallest receiver on the field into the short side of the endzone is the highest percentage play in that position. It just doesn't jive. I understand people saying Tana has made that play in the past, but based on that specific situation it is not your highest percentage play. That I have to put on the coaches. Mainly Kyle's, (unless it's Mike who has redzone and 3rd down duties, I doubt it though) clutch situational playcalling ineptitude.
That corner route was to the short side of the field. If that play had been called with Santana lined up to the right with a lot of end zone pasture to work with and his speed that play might have worked, but since they were on the left hash mark already as soon as Santana turned left he only had a hop skip and a jump to get open. Hell a defensive lineman could have covered Moss in that short of distance. Maybe a good call but the wrong side of the field.
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote