Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #331
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Pushed by activist and morons gaslit by the media when in reality, the president never said it or suggested it.

And this is exactly why fake news and enemy of the people is thing.

Instead of people calling it out, it’s perpetuated by people with an agenda.
Like you......................,keep apologizing for the asswipe.

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #332
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
You're kind of cherry picking. I 100% agree that BOTH SIDES of new outlets definitely have slants. Dumbass doesn't need the media to make him look stupid though.
Remove trump, and insert other political stories

Here in Virginia, Justin Fairfax had a story of rape in college and sexual assault at a convention. The Washington Post had the story and didn’t run it? Why? They ran countless stories against Kavenaugh which were not second sourced.

When Beto ran against Cruz in Texas. Reuter’s has this story: https://www.reuters.com/investigates...-beto-orourke/
The reporter held the story during the election until after in fear it would hurt Beto’s chances.

Here is the NYT explaining their refusal of the Tara reade coverage:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ers_story.html

Do you remember how the Jussie Smollet case was handled by the media initially?

What about the Adam Sandman story? How was that handled by the media? To the point they ran corrections later and Sandman has settled a multi million dollar lawsuit against CNN.

I don’t need to cherry pick, the media doesn’t have a lot of credibility not just with trump, but a litany of stories.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:02 PM   #333
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Remove trump, and insert other political stories

Here in Virginia, Justin Fairfax had a story of rape in college and sexual assault at a convention. The Washington Post had the story and didn’t run it? Why? They ran countless stories against Kavenaugh which were not second sourced.

When Beto ran against Cruz in Texas. Reuter’s has this story: https://www.reuters.com/investigates...-beto-orourke/

The reporter held the story during the election until after in fear it would hurt Beto’s chances.

Here is the NYT explaining their refusal of the Tara reade coverage:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ers_story.html

Do you remember how the Jussie Smollet case was handled by the media initially?

What about the Adam Sandman story? How was that handled by the media? To the point they ran corrections later and Sandman has settled a multi million dollar lawsuit against CNN.

I don’t need to cherry pick, the media doesn’t have a lot of credibility not just with trump, but a litany of stories.

Dude you can draw exceptions or point out the fact that nobody is perfect etc etc but this guy takes the fuckin cake AND he is the potus which makes it worse. Also the story about Beto sounds like i got nothing else to write about story. But what is ur point that suddenly Reuters should be trusted when anything they print about trump is fake? ? Lol. Look man everyone ever in the spotlight said or did something the masses would think of as outrageous. Its called news. Either way the current potus has said and done so many things in the public eye that nothing ever before comes close. Again the right has a problem with biden because he gets shit wrong. Details wrong. Ok. But for God’s sake Trump lies every time he opens his mouth. He is a walking contradiction. Words matter man especially when they are from the president. Nobody hated Trump four years ago. Lol. The left doesn’t hate him because he is a republican. Nobody on the left hated bush or reagan to this extent. They knew how to play the game. We hate trump because of his actions not because he is Trump. It isn’t a game of get Trump at all cost. If it were you would have seen this before. The guy brings this shit on himself and the whole oh thats just him thing got old like in 2016. You want your conservative agenda catered too cool. Dont need some childish divisive egomaniacal dog whistling racist to do that. It actually only gets in the way of your agenda. If some newbie comes on the warpath spouting absurdity there is a communal uprising. Why is it ok to spout them to the world? Lolol.
End rant. Enjoy weekend not that it is any different than the rest of the week anymore. I always thought that would be awesome but it isnt.

Last edited by punch it in; 04-24-2020 at 05:36 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #334
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dude you can draw exceptions or point out the fact that nobody is perfect etc etc but this guy takes the fuckin cake AND he is the potus which makes it worse. Also the story about Beto sounds like i got nothing else to write about story. But what is ur point that suddenly Reuters should be trusted when anything they print about trump is fake? ? Lol. Look man everyone ever in the spotlight said or did something the masses would think of as outrageous. Its called news. Either way the current potus has said and done so many things in the public eye that nothing ever before comes close. Again the right has a problem with biden because he gets shit wrong. Details wrong. Ok. But for God’s sake Trump lies every time he opens his mouth. He is a walking contradiction. Words matter man especially when they are from the president. Nobody hated Trump four years ago. Lol. The left doesn’t hate him because he is a republican. Nobody on the left hated bush or reagan to this extent. They knew how to play the game. We hate trump because of his actions not because he is Trump. It isn’t a game of get Trump at all cost. If it were you would have seen this before. The guy brings this shit on himself and the whole oh thats just him thing got old like in 2016. You want your conservative agenda catered too cool. Dont need some childish divisive egomaniacal dog whistling racist to do that. It actually only gets in the way of your agenda. If some newbie comes on the warpath spouting absurdity there is a communal uprising. Why is it ok to spout them to the world? Lolol.
End rant. Enjoy weekend not that it is any different than the rest of the week anymore. I always thought that would be awesome but it isnt.
Punch , this is chico's why of trying to hijack the thread and get it off of trumps ignorance and back on chico's hatred ,bias and agenda against the media. Great Post!
Old 04-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #335
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Even his own experts have had enough.....................

https://my.xfinity.com/video/watch-d...new?player=ccx
Old 04-25-2020, 11:23 AM   #336
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (political)

Just cannot get over the fact that The POTUS asked if we could somehow inject disinfectant into our skin yesterday and we have all internalized it already. Some even accepting it. What in the actual hell?
In normal times this would be a story for months but this mental midget will top it in 3...2...
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #337
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Just cannot get over the fact that The POTUS asked if we could somehow inject disinfectant into our skin yesterday and we have all internalized it already. Some even accepting it. What in the actual hell?
In normal times this would be a story for months but this mental midget will top it in 3...2...
God , had Obama said it???
Old 04-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #338
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

He wants credit and commission from it.................

Old 04-26-2020, 06:49 AM   #339
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I have said this from the start of all this trump did not cuase this thing and I think many a President would have had trouble in trying to deal with this virus.

His response to it has been pathetic and no one should be surprised at this, to me there is a big difference between cause and responsibility.............
Old 04-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #340
MTK
\m/

WTF

Lakers got money from loan program, returned it
Old 04-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #341
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
What's wrong? A small local basketball team in LA needed money and got it. The program is working as intended.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:49 PM   #342
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Same here....................

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...242225176.html

The homeowners’ association for Fisher Island, an exclusive enclave near Miami that recently bought enough COVID-19 antibody tests for all of its residents and workers, has been approved for a $2 million loan through a federal program intended to help small businesses survive the COVID-19 pandemic.

Now, according to an email the association sent Wednesday, the association is taking a straw poll of residents on whether to accept the payout.

“It is very important to the board of Directors to take into consideration the views of our members,” the email said. “It is also important to the board that the right decision is made for the island.”

It wasn’t immediately clear how the Fisher Island Community Association — the master homeowners’ group for the wealthiest ZIP code in the United States — would plan to use the money.

...........................as I understand it they have returned it but why even apply?
Old 04-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #343
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
What's your point? The fact they applied for assistance, or they got it?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:48 PM   #344
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What's your point? The fact they applied for assistance, or they got it?

Both

I think we need a new definition of small business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #345
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...FnC?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPo
U.S. intelligence agencies issued warnings about the novel coronavirus in more than a dozen classified briefings prepared for President Trump in January and February, months during which he continued to play down the threat, according to current and former U.S. officials.

For weeks, the PDB — as the report is known — traced the virus’s spread around the globe, made clear that China was suppressing information about the contagion’s transmissibility and lethal toll, and raised the prospect of dire political and economic consequences.

But the alarms appear to have failed to register with the president, who routinely skips reading the PDB and has at times shown little patience for even the oral summary he takes two or three times per week, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss classified material.
In response, a White House spokesman had this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White House
A White House spokesman disputed the characterization that Trump was slow to respond to the virus threat. “President Trump rose to fight this crisis head-on by taking early, aggressive historic action to protect the health, wealth and well-being of the American people,” said spokesman Hogan Gidley. “We will get through this difficult time and defeat this virus because of his decisive leadership.”
Or to paraphrase, Hogan Gidley said "PROPAGANDA"