Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-25-2022, 12:57 PM   #331
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Well, I'll be damned, Punch and me actually agree on a political post.

I pretty sure I just saw a pig fly by my window.

This man has never been so happy.

Btw i said 91 in my post because thats when the Soviet Union fell and thats when Putin got bent. He wasn’t in power until 99 though.

Man, same year Snyder came into power. Damn the world got dark and mean in 1999.

Last edited by punch it in; 02-25-2022 at 01:26 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #332
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Fuck Belarus too.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #333
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Btw i said 91 in my post because thats when the Soviet Union fell and thats when Putin got bent. He wasn’t in power until 99 though.

Man, same year Snyder came into power. Damn the world got dark and mean in 1999.
In honor of the 13 Ukraine soldiers, 1999, go fuck yourself.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:46 PM   #334
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Old 02-25-2022, 02:03 PM   #335
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Hopefully this ends with a bullet between Putin's eyes.
This I agree with!
Old 02-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #336
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Definitely plenty of blame to go around. Some of it falls on Biden but certainly not all of it or most of it.

Treat countries like Russia with kiddy gloves and they will walk all over you.
I am asking a serious question here. How was Biden going to stop putin? Other then boots on the ground how do you stop Russia from invading any Country?
Old 02-25-2022, 02:19 PM   #337
SunnySide
Playmaker

The Ukrainian military has released a statement thanking a marine for allegedly sacrificing himself in order to demolish a bridge that would allow Russian tanks to advance.

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine released the statement Friday via social media, reporting that Vitaliy Volodymyrovych Skakun, a battalion engineer, had voluntarily undertaken a mission to mine out the support structure of the Genichesky Bridge near the Kyiv before Russian forces could cross it. Shakun did not have time to flee the blast zone before detonating the explosives, and informed his battalion that he would be blowing it up regardless.

The Armed Forces reported that the subsequent explosion was immediate and thwarted Russian efforts to mobilize their tank column over the bridge.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukrain...-military-says

Fucking heros out there doing hero shit

Civilians making molotov cocktails for when russia enters the city

every man 18-60 given a rifle

so much respect and awe for the people of Ukraine.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:42 PM   #338
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Putin then went into Ukraine and annexed Crimea under Obama watch.

I dunno, Its just exhausting to think how we got here. It sux for everybody. Im pulling for them to take Russia initial first big blow and then bog them down. Tough to see that happening.
You need to STFU!

• ⁠Praised Putin constantly, called him a "strong leader", has peddled statements like "he's done a really great job outsmarting our country"

• ⁠Impeached for illegally withholding Ukraine military aid, already appropriated to them by Congress, unless they made up political dirt on Biden. Specifically Ukraine was asking for the Javelin anti-tank systems that are now helping them fend off Russian advancements.

• ⁠Trump dismissed and cast doubt about Russian hacking, particularly when the U.S determined that Russia hacked the DNC in 2016, while ironically enough, he encouraged Russian cyber attacks on national TV saying, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

• ⁠When addressing Russian election interference and cyber attacks, Trump proclaimed "I don't see any reason why it would be Russia" after speaking directly with Putin, defending Russia and trusting Putin over our own intelligence agencies. Later he "corrected" himself, claiming that he meant to say "wouldn't" instead of would.

• ⁠Trump suggested the U.S. work directly with Russia on cybersecurity. Trump refused to punish or critique the SolarWinds hack.

• ⁠Almost directly after the 2016 election, Trump sought to weaken U.S. sanctions on Russia, while he was even open to lifting sanctions.

• ⁠Trump dismissed the notion that Putin was a "killer", downplaying the idea that Putin resorts to using violence and oppressive tactics to crush political opponents. He defended Putin, rationalizing his ruthless despotism in the process, declaring, "There are a lot of killers. Do you think our country is so innocent?"

• ⁠Trump shared highly classified U.S. intelligence with Russian officials in the Oval Office in 2017.

• ⁠Trump repeated Kremlin talking points related to the Russian annexation of Crimea, reiterating things like, "The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

• ⁠Trump constantly attacked NATO, aligning himself with Putin. (quite relevant)

• ⁠Trump thanked Putin for expelling hundreds of U.S. diplomats as a retaliation for sanctions.

• ⁠Trump refused to make a statement about the 10th anniversary of the Russia-Georgia war. According to John Bolton, European leaders noticed Trump's silence and "became even more concerned about American resolve."

• ⁠According to congressional testimony, Trump declined to publicly condemn a Russian attack against Ukrainian military vessels in November 2018, even though the State Department prepared a statement for him

• ⁠Trump congratulated and gave legitimacy to Putin's re election win in 2018, a victory said to "lack genuine competition"

• ⁠Sergei Skripal, an ex Russian spy that defected to the UK, was poisoned. Sanctions were announced, Trump attempted to rescind them, while asserting that the U.S. was being "too tough on Putin"

• ⁠When congress passed new sanctions against Russia in 2017, Trump was very reluctant to signing the bill, and probably wouldn't have signed it if the bill didn't pass with veto-proof majorities in both houses

• ⁠In 2017 it was reported that Trump was considering returning spy bases to Russia.

• ⁠Trump praised and highlighted pro-Russian leaders in Europe. Far right European leaders with close ties to Putin. He even met a Kremlin ally at the Whitehouse.

• ⁠When Trump withdrew troops from Syria, it gave Russia and Putin an opportunity to control abandoned U.S. outposts and checkpoints.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:54 PM   #339
SunnySide
Playmaker

this aint about trump ...

i know we are all adults but can we move the common repeated ad nauseum political talk to one of the many US politicval threads

i dont even know why i give a shit what people do in here . .. im such a cranky bitch today

If this Ukraine War thread could just be about updates on the Ukraine War .. thatd be great.

but as always .. do you.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:58 PM   #340
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I am asking a serious question here. How was Biden going to stop putin? Other then boots on the ground how do you stop Russia from invading any Country?
“There is nothing he coulda done” excuses continue

He’s just the leader of the free world

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:59 PM   #341
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

i know we are all adults but can we move the common repeated ad nauseum political talk to one of the many US politicval threads

i dont even know why i give a shit what people do in here . .. im such a cranky bitch today

If this Ukraine War thread could just be about updates on the Ukraine War .. thatd be great.

but as always .. do you.
It ain't about Biden either put chico keeps making shit up so it will be shot down.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:59 PM   #342
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“There is nothing he coulda done” excuses continue

He’s just the leader of the free world
Great retort but you didn't answer the question comrade chico?
Old 02-25-2022, 03:10 PM   #343
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For those of you that think this is a one time thing, think again!

https://eurasiantimes.com/russia-sen...e-ukraine-way/

Amid the ongoing Russian military operations in Ukraine, the country’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Friday that Moscow will have to respond if Sweden and Finland become NATO members.

“All OSCE member states in their national capacity, including Finland and Sweden, have reaffirmed the principle that the security of one country cannot be built at the expense of the security of others.

Obviously, the accession of Finland and Sweden to NATO, which is primarily a military alliance as you well understand, would have serious military and political consequences, which would require our country to make response steps,” Zakharova told a briefing.

On Thursday, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg invited Sweden and Finland to attend a NATO virtual summit on the situation in and around Ukraine on Friday. On the same day, Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin said that Finland will be ready to join NATO “if the issue of national security becomes acute.”
Old 02-25-2022, 03:44 PM   #344
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I think there are things that could have been done differently. Stopping Russian access to SWIFT earlier. Cyberattack their infrastructure. Talk to Saudi Arabia about flooding the petroleum market to cut into Russian profits and literally their most valuable export.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:41 PM   #345
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

but as always .. do you.

Not sure how you can say Trumps four years in office have nothing to do with any of this? Whether u believe he propped him up or held him in check it absolutely has something to do with this. It has to do with each and every POTUS over the last 20 years.